NO ACCOUNTABILTY NOWADAYS
BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW BAD
THE PRODUCT THERE IS ALWAYS
SOME RABID STAN WHO IS GONNA
PROP IT UP NO MATTER WHAT.
:devil:
:evil:

same shyt happened with star wars

and look where them niccas at nown. willingly ingesting loads of spoonfed spinoff bullshyt

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Super Mario took roughly a week to pass the entire worldwide box office total of Ant-Man Quantumania. Looks like people want things that feel fresh.

:gucci:

How is a movie based on a video game series that started in 1983 "fresh"?

You're talking as if Mario Bros. is some kinda foreign art house film or something. :mjlol:

There's no way a Mario movie wasn't gonna do numbers. He's one of the most recognizable characters in history....

vs Ant-Man.

C'mon man, stop it.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:gucci:

How is a movie based on a video game series that started in 1983 "fresh"?

You're talking as if Mario Bros. is some kinda foreign art house film or something. :mjlol:

There's no way a Mario movie wasn't gonna do numbers. He's one of the most recognizable characters in history....

vs Ant-Man.

C'mon man, stop it.

Fred.

There's people on this board who said it wasn't gonna do numbers :gucci:

And it is 'fresh' because despite the character being around for decades there was never a live action animated feature attached to it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There's people on this board who said it wasn't gonna do numbers :gucci:

And it is 'fresh' because despite the character being around for decades there was never a live action animated feature attached to it.

Those people are idiots. It's Mario, not Gex The Gecko. Sonic 2 did $400 mill, how was Mario going to fail? :dahell:

And what you said applies to comic movies as well. If they make a "Youngblood" movie....is that fresh because there's never been an adaptation, or is it just another comic movie?

And comic movie fatigue is not a thing. 4 out of the top 10 world wide box office for 2022 went to comic movies...."Quantumania" was #1 for 2023 until "Mario" came out. So I'm legit confused where this fatigue is.

And cats better be careful what they wish for because if video game movies become the new wave, it's gonna be 10x worse than comics. People act like every game has "TLOU" caliber writing.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Those people are idiots. It's Mario, not Gex The Gecko. Sonic 2 did $400 mill, how was Mario going to fail? :dahell:

And what you said applies to comic movies as well. If they make a "Youngblood" movie....is that fresh because there's never been an adaptation, or is it just another comic movie?

And comic movie fatigue is not a thing. 4 out of the top 10 world wide box office for 2022 went to comic movies...."Quantumania" was #1 for 2023 until "Mario" came out. So I'm legit confused where this fatigue is.

And cats better be careful what they wish for because if video game movies become the new wave, it's gonna be 10x worse than comics. People act like every game has "TLOU" caliber writing.

Fred.

You're confused? About what? The movie did less than $500M worldwide. There's literally dozens of articles asking "what went wrong". People who say "it's just Ant-Man" are being disingenuous about what the movie was supposed to accomplish. 2023 just began, it's not gonna finish #2. But First of all, the movie cost in the neighborhood of $200M to make and that's before advertising. It was supposed to setup Kang as the next big bad of the entire next phase for the MCU. The fact that this movie with all the hype put behind it, made less than the original Ant-Man is mindboggling and it's due to poor writing and fatigue.

As far as Super Mario goes, the INDUSTRY tracking was low on it. Nevermind what the people on here said. The people within the industry who track the box office didn't think it was going to make anywhere close to what it's doing.

And no, comic book movies aren't all the same but Ant-Man Quantumania followed the same formulaic approach that a lot of comic book movies have been about over the past decade. It followed all of the same steps, there was nothing "different" about it.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
You're confused? About what? The movie did less than $500M worldwide. There's literally dozens of articles asking "what went wrong". People who say "it's just Ant-Man" are being disingenuous about what the movie was supposed to accomplish. 2023 just began, it's not gonna finish #2. But First of all, the movie cost in the neighborhood of $200M to make and that's before advertising. It was supposed to setup Kang as the next big bad of the entire next phase for the MCU. The fact that this movie with all the hype put behind it, made less than the original Ant-Man is mindboggling and it's due to poor writing and fatigue.

As far as Super Mario goes, the INDUSTRY tracking was low on it. Nevermind what the people on here said. The people within the industry who track the box office didn't think it was going to make anywhere close to what it's doing.

And no, comic book movies aren't all the same but Ant-Man Quantumania followed the same formulaic approach that a lot of comic book movies have been about over the past decade. It followed all of the same steps, there was nothing "different" about it.
Antman did $180 million domestically
Antman 2 did $216 million million domestically
Antman 3 did $212 million domestically

The biggest drop off was in foreign markets. Some characters simply don’t have a major worldwide following like Spider-Man.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
People been shouting about superhero fatigue since 2014 and look where we are now. DC just greenlit a ten-year plan :russ:

You got the odd bomb here and there but it's the same deal with every other genre, I don't know why everybody think this bubble's suddenly going to burst.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
A few movies a year I can handle. It's just 1 1/2-2 hours at a time. The shows burnt me out.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
People been shouting about superhero fatigue since 2014 and look where we are now. DC just greenlit a ten-year plan :russ:

You got the odd bomb here and there but it's the same deal with every other genre, I don't know why everybody think this bubble's suddenly going to burst.
I think it's a matter of expectations. You are right about a few bombs being normal for any genre, same as moves that are just plain bad. But the comic book film genre had close to 15 years of continued growth so when things finally starts looking like a normal (but still very successful genre) alarms go off.

You add the fukkery that social media brings to the table and that's why everything is made out to be a big deal.