Super hero fatigue is real.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Marvel built their initial movie empire on the back of one of the GOAT events in comic book history and are surprised when no other stories can live up to it??? Feige used Infinity Gauntlet to get a HUGE boost and now that they need to rely on their own pens the ink is going dry......and they can't drop no x-men to help because they nerfed them in their movie and comic book universes.

:russ::russ:

If DC hadn't been so dumb to allow Snyder to waste Death of Superman + the introduction of Darkseid they'd have the same fan expectation problem as Marvel, but they can still pull Flashpoint, the Crisis series, and a ton of GL stories to tell to correct their failures.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Marvel built their initial movie empire on the back of one of the GOAT events in comic book history and are surprised when no other stories can live up to it??? Feige used Infinity Gauntlet to get a HUGE boost and now that they need to rely on their own pens the ink is going dry......and they can't drop no x-men to help because they nerfed them in their movie and comic book universes.

Breh, I hear you on Infinity Gauntlet but Marvel has damn near 100 years worth of great source material they can pull from. They are too worried about having 8 teenage girls who all do the same thing and tryna to appeal to the gay community and everything else instead of just making good stories

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
My interest has definitely dipped. The Batman and last Spiderman I liked, BP was okay…Didn’t like Dr Strange or Black Adam, haven’t watched Thor or Antman yet. Didn’t finish Moon Knight and never started She Hulk or Ms Marvel. Probably never will. I liked GOTG but I’ll wait for Disney+ for the new one.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I don't think you understand what I said

The Netflix deal was from 2015-2021, after which Netflix would relinquish all character rights back to Marvel. Again you only started seeing Netflix characters move into the MCU after the Netflix deal ended.

There's a possibility that Netlix Marvel and MCU could've combined but it never happened because Feige and Perlmutter (head of Netflix marvel division) hate each other

You're not understanding what I'm saying.

I'm not talking about use of those characters.

I'm talking about the actors cast to play Daredevil, Punisher Kingpin etc.

Kevin Feige had nothing to do with the casting of Charlie Cox or Jon Bernthal. That was done by Marvel entertainment as the Netflix shows were produced by another division.

Feige can now make his own Daredevil show which he is doing. Daredevil could have been played by a completely different actor instead Feige made a decision to port in Charlie Cox as Daredevil but now in a revamped way.

Marvel owns Fox but when they bought Fox they also inherited those X-Men movie contracts. Again it's not that they can't use X-Men, they just don't want to pay what the current X-Men cost. Hugh Jackman is a clear exception and Patrick Stewart had a 10 minute scene that couldn't have cost much. Aside from that it's clear they don't want or want to pay across like McAvoy or Fassbender for their roles and prefer to wait till the Fox contracts expire in 2025

Until 2025 Michael Fassbender is Magneto, unless Marvel wants to get sued for using someone else. That's the point

That has never been confirmed and like I said in my previous post Deadpool 3 is being released next year as a Marvel Studios film and is bringing back the Fox-Men actors.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also this "C- and D-list" characters argument makes no sense because every Superhero not named Superman, Batman or Spider-Man is a C- or D-lister to the general public.

Nah it makes perfect sense because the entire MCU was characters nobody wanted the cinematic rights to.

There was a TLR thread discussing the 2nd week drop off of "Ant-Man 3"....there was never supposed to be an Ant-Man 1. :mjlol:

Using a 3rd Ant-Man movie "limping" to half a billy as an example of superhero fatigue is legit insane to me.

Fred.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Winter Soldier was done exceptionally well. I know the Russos aren't doing this joint, but the preview gives me the same vibe.
Fair. Pearce and the SHIELD takeover I will admit did kinda fulfil the the espionage. Just not sure how it will shape up when there’s probably less tech, vehicles (helicarriers and such), and low level supes to give the same excitement. But if they deliver car chase scenes similar to these, I think it will be dope

I’m sure Marvel will also give their cast that slight upgrade in martial arts compared to shows like Night Agent. Assuming more people from shield are in this, it would make sense

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Batman has been getting diminishing returns as well. Nolan's Batman box office was a guaranteed billion, Snyder's was not but close and Reeves' is even less than Snyder's.
I think the finality of End Game gave a lot of people an excuse/reason just to check out. Someone needs to drum up similar excitement for the masses to come back. The MCU is spread too thin in Phase 4 to do that. They are working toward a big story but it was a slow burn initially just to introduce new characters. And the Multiverse may bee too complicated to resonate with the general audience like the Infinity Saga. It gets confusing rather quickly.
Meh…batman begins just cracked 500 mill…then tdkr was coming off the back of what many still consider the goat comic book flick. Snydes films should have done 1.5 easy…..but he told a story no one wanted to see a second time for whatever reason. (Bvs has too many issues to discuss here) The Batman did the numbers most succesful comic book films are doing post covid.

def agree on the multiverse stuff tho. People are either confused or just dont give a shyt After Endgame. I mean, when you have 4/5 years of certified bangers, eventually you will take adip in quality.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps

:russ::russ:

If DC hadn't been so dumb to allow Snyder to waste Death of Superman + the introduction of Darkseid they'd have the same fan expectation problem as Marvel, but they can still pull Flashpoint, the Crisis series, and a ton of GL stories to tell to correct their failures.
They should have started with Flashpoint. Give The Flash the first movie, and basically he messed everything up by trying to save his mom's. That would have made way more sense, and allow for a total reboot after a 5-10 year arc. That would make so much sense for any reboot down the line.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
They should have started with Flashpoint. Give The Flash the first movie, and basically he messed everything up by trying to save his mom's. That would have made way more sense, and allow for a total reboot after a 5-10 year arc. That would make so much sense for any reboot down the line.
:ohhh:

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
marvel movies have too much of The Agenda in them

its no surprise clean movies are dominating again