Super hero fatigue is real.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
At this point it feels like starting with Superman is a bad idea. Unless Gunn has a viral trick up his sleeve, DC should probably start with something new

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
At this point it feels like starting with Superman is a bad idea. Unless Gunn has a viral trick up his sleeve, DC should probably start with something new

I haven't seen signs that the heavy hitters are struggling yet. The Batman made nearly $800M last year in a short 45-day release period. I know Superman isn't on that level but still more popular than most.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I haven't seen signs that the heavy hitters are struggling yet. The Batman made nearly $800M last year in a short 45-day release period. I know Superman isn't on that level but still more popular than most.
Batman is coming off the popular Nolan trilogy. Had a lead with some popular fan juice. Was genuinely good on its own and delivered something people felt they hadn’t gotten in other super movies( detective noir).

Superman has none of that( lead casting withstanding). Unless Gunn plans on making a “All the president’s Men” of Superman films, he’s threading a small needle to get people’s attention.

Swamp Thing horror movie or even Hawkman could give you something new.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Batman is coming off the popular Nolan trilogy. Had a lead with some popular fan juice. Was genuinely good on its own and delivered something people felt they hadn’t gotten in other super movies( detective noir).

Superman has none of that( lead casting withstanding). Unless Gunn plans on making a “All the president’s Men” of Superman films, he’s threading a small needle to get people’s attention.

Swamp Thing horror movie or even Hawkman could give you something new.

They are making a Swamp Thing movie but according to Gunn Superman will not be a 'comedy'. We'll see.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
They are making a Swamp Thing movie but according to Gunn Superman will not be a 'comedy'. We'll see.
Yeah I know. That’s why I’m saying they should lead with that.

especially if they keep the budget near to proper horror levels

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Most of them weren’t doing a billion.

Marvel made doing a billion so easy that it’s expected every time. That’s not realistic.
Ok this is where the fatigue factor kicks in

fukking shyt show Captain Marvel did 1.1 billion - Captain Marvel

Dr Strange 2 did 955 - Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

GotG2 did 863 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Love and Thunder did 760 - Thor: Love and Thunder

Shang Chi did 432 during covid - Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Antman 3 did 475 despite domestic violence ruining the rollout - Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

fukking piece of shyt ass Eternals did 402 - Eternals

If this movie is supposed to PROVE there is no fatigue.. Those final numbers need to be more in the 700-800s.. With a 50% dropoff and no more releases coming worldwide, I doubt it. And this is the FINAL one, not like some new bullshyt.. There's no controversy.. People are saying it's a GREAT film.. Even the article you posted literally says "After a moderately decent opening weekend, the conclusion of James Gunn‘s outer space superhero trilogy remained in first place for a second weekend with $60.5 million"

fukk is "moderately decent opening"... This is superheros.. Them dudes was PRINTING money.. Put out the worst of shyt movies and do half a billy to a billy plus.. Easy.... Mario didn't have these problems.. Hell, the last movie didn't have these problems.. People aren't coming out in the same droves, day one, gotta see every movie, type of time like before. I didn't even list the heavy hitters like BP, Spidey, Ironman, Cap or avengers movies

I don't know how many insiders gotta tell y'all this shyt cooling off..

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
With the writers strike its only gonna get worse

Honestly I think Feige is thanking the heavens for the strike. :mjlol:

Because now he can slow walk everything and get the shows and movies right instead of just rushing them to the public.

Such as the recasting issue with Kang. And fixing the Kang Dynasty, Blade, Captain America: New World Order, F4, and X-Men issues by upgrading them with better plots, dialogue, and special effects.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The box office results of The Flash might be the best gauge. Movie is being promoted heavily and seems that all the early viewing feedback about it has been positive, so the numbers you would think will be solid worldwide.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Antman 3 did 475 despite domestic violence ruining the rollout - Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

If this movie is supposed to PROVE there is no fatigue.. Those final numbers need to be more in the 700-800s.. With a 50% dropoff and no more releases coming worldwide, I doubt it. And this is the FINAL one, not like some new bullshyt.. There's no controversy.. People are saying it's a GREAT film.. Even the article you posted literally says "After a moderately decent opening weekend, the conclusion of James Gunn‘s outer space superhero trilogy remained in first place for a second weekend with $60.5 million"

fukk is "moderately decent opening"... This is superheros.. Them dudes was PRINTING money.. Put out the worst of shyt movies and do half a billy to a billy plus.. Easy.... Mario didn't have these problems.. Hell, the last movie didn't have these problems.. People aren't coming out in the same droves, day one, gotta see every movie, type of time like before. I didn't even list the heavy hitters like BP, Spidey, Ironman, Cap or avengers movies

Timing is everything. The phase 4 and GOTG didn’t drop in the right order. Coupled with the Disney + shows and Covid, it all just seemed off.

Black Widow should’ve dropped in Phase 3. Dr Strange should’ve dropped closer to Wandavision.

I wouldn’t have dropped Shang Chi during COVID.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Antman did $180 million domestically
Antman 2 did $216 million million domestically
Antman 3 did $212 million domestically

The biggest drop off was in foreign markets. Some characters simply don’t have a major worldwide following like Spider-Man.
yeah, and alot of that foreign dropoff is political too. used to get alot of sales in china, their government put a stop to that, not fan disinterest.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Coli members are in denial juelzers