Super hero fatigue is real.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
No shyt and that's an issue is it not? Their money counts the same as our money :dead: :mjlol:
In a post pandemic world and a global recession. You can’t expect the same trends. There are exceptions, but movies like Avatar and Spider-Man are the exception, not the rule.

Wakanda Forever was critically acclaimed, but got criticized for “only” doing $800+ billion without the Chinese market. And the movie that swept the Oscars didn’t make anything at the movies.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
A few movies a year I can handle. It's just 1 1/2-2 hours at a time. The shows burnt me out.
People couldn’t wait for the shows when they were announced tho :mjpls:

It was all good in the beginning. People got too much all at once and felt entitled. Covid also helped because a lot of people weren’t working or working from home.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
In a post pandemic world and a global recession. You can’t expect the same trends. There are exceptions, but movies like Avatar and Spider-Man are the exception, not the rule.

Wakanda Forever was critically acclaimed, but got criticized for “only” doing $800+ billion without the Chinese market. And the movie that swept the Oscars didn’t make anything at the movies.

Oscar movies usually don't cost shyt to make so it doesn't matter what the box office is.

What trend are you talking about? Ant-Man Quantumania made less than the fukking Puss in Boots movie. And yes, I understand "it's Ant-Man" but Disney were the ones who decided to put $200M into the project and make it all about the re-introduction of Kang.

• Dap
Reactions: DLo

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Oscar movies usually don't cost shyt to make so it doesn't matter what the box office is.

What trend are you talking about? Ant-Man Quantumania made less than the fukking Puss in Boots movie. And yes, I understand "it's Ant-Man" but Disney were the ones who decided to put $200M into the project and make it all about the re-introduction of Kang.
It’s still an Ant Man movie. And most people don’t know who Kang was in the first place.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
That's what the $200M was for + the marketing :gucci:

Also, he was first introduced in Loki. Yall told me everyone was loving those Disney+ shows :mjpls:
A lot of it was for the VFX.

Not the actually story. They could’ve spent $200 billion and it wouldn’t have made more people want to see Ant Man. The last one got criticized a lot even though it made more money than the first one. In fact, a lot of people questioned why Kang was being introduced in the movie at all.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Those people are idiots. It's Mario, not Gex The Gecko. Sonic 2 did $400 mill, how was Mario going to fail? :dahell:

And what you said applies to comic movies as well. If they make a "Youngblood" movie....is that fresh because there's never been an adaptation, or is it just another comic movie?

And comic movie fatigue is not a thing. 4 out of the top 10 world wide box office for 2022 went to comic movies...."Quantumania" was #1 for 2023 until "Mario" came out. So I'm legit confused where this fatigue is.

And cats better be careful what they wish for because if video game movies become the new wave, it's gonna be 10x worse than comics. People act like every game has "TLOU" caliber writing.

Fred.
:russ:

• Haha
Reactions: hex

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
That's what the $200M was for + the marketing :gucci:

Also, he was first introduced in Loki. Yall told me everyone was loving those Disney+ shows :mjpls:
That’s where the fatigue is. The shows. We went from 1 movies every few years, to 2 movies a year, to multiple movies a year. And now we are at multiple movies and 5-10 different TV shows.

Nobody got time or willpower to be watching and keeping up with all that shyt. But they are all connected. So you need to watch 4 of them just to get the gems in the 6th movie of the year.

That’s where fatigue kicks in and you gotta start picking and choosing what to watch and getting disconnected and uninterested.

For example I actually want to see the marvels. But if I didn’t watch 2 shows, I’m not gonna get why there are three marvels in the first place, nor what happened to them prior. But I don’t wanna watch that shyt. I’m tired of it

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
That’s where the fatigue is. The shows. We went from 1 movies every few years, to 2 movies a year, to multiple movies a year. And now we are at multiple movies and 5-10 different TV shows.

Nobody got time or willpower to be watching and keeping up with all that shyt. But they are all connected. So you need to watch 4 of them just to get the gems in the 6th movie of the year.

That’s where fatigue kicks in and you gotta start picking and choosing what to watch and getting disconnected and uninterested.

For example I actually want to see the marvels. But if I didn’t watch 2 shows, I’m not gonna get why there are three marvels in the first place, nor what happened to them prior. But I don’t wanna watch that shyt. I’m tired of it
What you wanna know sir i watched the shows

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You're confused? About what? The movie did less than $500M worldwide. There's literally dozens of articles asking "what went wrong". People who say "it's just Ant-Man" are being disingenuous about what the movie was supposed to accomplish. 2023 just began, it's not gonna finish #2. But First of all, the movie cost in the neighborhood of $200M to make and that's before advertising. It was supposed to setup Kang as the next big bad of the entire next phase for the MCU. The fact that this movie with all the hype put behind it, made less than the original Ant-Man is mindboggling and it's due to poor writing and fatigue.

As far as Super Mario goes, the INDUSTRY tracking was low on it. Nevermind what the people on here said. The people within the industry who track the box office didn't think it was going to make anywhere close to what it's doing.

And no, comic book movies aren't all the same but Ant-Man Quantumania followed the same formulaic approach that a lot of comic book movies have been about over the past decade. It followed all of the same steps, there was nothing "different" about it.
I legit don't even know where to begin with your posts in here. :mjlol:

"'Quantumania' did less than $500 mill world wide"

You do realize, out of the hundreds of movies released in 2022, only 9 did over $500 mill world wide, right?

"It's not going to finish #2"

It's currently #2, which is when you cats are claiming people are tired of these movies. Right now, today.

"2023 has just begun"

In 3 days we'll be 5 months into the year. Unless you mean the "official movie season". If so, why aren't you taking that into account for "Quantumania"?

"'Quantumania' didn't even do as much as 'Puss & Boots'!"

Neither has any movie in 2023 before "Mario". "Puss & Boots" was in the top 10 for 2022 box office so I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here.

Rest of what you said is just.... :unimpressed:

Talking about how "Quantumania" is formulaic while praising "Mario Bros.", which has had the exact same plot the last 40 years.

Talking about how "Mario Bros." box office tracking was low when:

So no, it was never tracking low. It was tracking what would be considered good for a video game adaptation, then it broke all records. It was estimated to do around $90 mill....which was $20 mill more than "Sonic 2", which did $400 mill.

Again "Sonic 2" did $400 mill, and ain't been relevant in video games for close to 20 years. Nobody in their right mind thought "Mario" would flop.

Fred.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin

You need to watch
Captain Marvel
End Game
Wandavision
Ms Marvel

I was late watching Ms Marvel. It was a dope show on its own merit, but the fatigue of setting aside time to get into it took forever for me to start watching.

Honestly, there’s too many shows and movies across all streaming platforms, for people to consistently consume one studio or one genre. The Boys is supposed to be a good show, but I avoided it altogether because Marvel puts out enough as it is.

Then I started to fall back on Star Wars content because it’s just too much. I watched Mando 1-2 Boba Fett and Obi Wan, but I skipped the last two shows. I’ll watch Ashoka, but continually introducing new and unfamiliar characters is too much.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
LMAOOOOO @hex You just posted an article that says Mario on pace to do $90M over the 5-day but it did WAY higher than that... you just proved my point there. The tracking was a lot lower in comparison to what Mario did and has done over it's run and it's still going.. it hasn't even opened in Japan yet.

Also, it doesn't matter what the plot of the video games is, we are talking about movies. There hasn't been an animated Mario MOVIE so yeah it was fresh. It was new. It's something that hasn't been done to death.

Ant-Man was formulaic as all hell. Less than $500M in total is a disaster for the reasons I laid out. You don't compare what a $200M+ production budgeted tentpole does at the box office in comparison to say an Oscar type movie.. that makes ZERO sense because those movies don't cost anything to make, they aren't advertised nearly as much and they aren't even open in nearly as many theaters or showtimes.