Suburbs Are Home To The Largest and Fastest-Growing Poor Population In The Country

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
gentrification usually takes a few generations. We feel good moving to these dumb ass suburbs, but really we're just taking the bait. We never ask our selves why these wack ass cities are all of a sudden more affordable.

lol its only black people that do this

all these young white dudes at my job finishin up school dying to get to detroit

everyday...dude we gotta hit up a auction dude check out these listings

i aint trippin but i be shakin my head sometimes

all the young black nikkas tryna get across 8 mile while these dudes bout to come and buy up all this shyt

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My paternal grandparents left a PAID for house to their 4 adult children when they passed (but not my father because he had a different father than the rest of them which is why I kind of think it's Karma what happened but anyway).

Only two of the adult children were actually living in the house and both were working. The taxes on the house was about $3000 a YEAR and they never paid them. Then turned around and re-financed to pull equity out, leaving them with a payment AND a tax bill that they weren't able to pay and were eventually foreclosed on. :facepalm:

------------------------------------------------

My dad (who is now deceased) has 5 children including me. His house was worth about 175k at the time (before the bubble) and he owed about 40k on it. Since my father wasn't married or didn't have a will, my brother went down to the courts and lied and said he was the only surviving child of my father. He ended up with rights to the house, sold it for 50k, pocketed 10k and we never heard from him again. if he had sold the house for the market value, we could have paid the house off split the profit and each made at least 25k. This is the curse I'm dealing with and trying very hard to avoid.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps

all these young white dudes at my job finishin up school dying to get to detroit

all the young black nikkas tryna get across 8 mile while these dudes bout to come and buy up all this shyt

Bout to come.. the CEO of companies are buying 15 building at a time. People are now living in 1000 month lofts that used to be abandoned buildings that nikkas didn't want.

I live in midtown.. I live around nothing but cac in the middle of Detroit. Sh1ts crazy. Madd white people have tried to buy my house.. "excuse me are u yet another dumb nikka that wants to sell and move to some cheap fake suburb?" No black people have asked.

I got BBBW and whole foods by the crib all of a sudden.. made white people biking n sh1t.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
living in the suburbs is stupid unless you building a crib from the ground up or stay in a historical neighborhood

esp for black people i smh at people that get a lil money then wanna move to the middle of nowhere lolol like they want you out there...stay with yo people... build wit yo people

:heh: @ you thinking all suburbs are white.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Bout to come.. the CEO of companies are buying 15 building at a time. People are now living in 1000 month lofts that used to be abandoned buildings that nikkas didn't want.

I live in midtown.. I live around nothing but cac in the middle of Detroit. Sh1ts crazy. Madd white people have tried to buy my house.. "excuse me are u yet another dumb nikka that wants to sell and move to some cheap fake suburb?" No black people have asked.

I got BBBW and whole foods by the crib all of a sudden.. made white people biking n sh1t.

lol bro im in Midtown too

thats what im sayin you see this shyt EVERYDAY

whites buyin up everything around here

all them lil houses on 2nd and 3rd gettin fixed up as we speak
they buyin them senior holmes all off woodward,2nd,3rd,

i now exactly where that Whole foods at it just opened like last week if it opened at all

i work downtown all these white boys young as fukk comin from Royal Oak,upper Penisula,Battle creek, comin down here buyin shyt up

and nikkas in here tryna tell me Detroit aint where its at or where its about to be...they gone see in a couple years but its gone be the finished product they show not the shyt goin on right now

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
My paternal grandparents left a PAID for house to their 4 adult children when they passed (but not my father because he had a different father than the rest of them which is why I kind of think it's Karma what happened but anyway).

Only two of the adult children were actually living in the house and both were working. The taxes on the house was about $3000 a YEAR and they never paid them. Then turned around and re-financed to pull equity out, leaving them with a payment AND a tax bill that they weren't able to pay and were eventually foreclosed on. :facepalm:

My dad (who is now deceased) has 5 children including me. His house was worth about 175k at the time (before the bubble) and he owned about 40k on it. Since my father wasn't married or didn't have a will, my brother went down to the courts and lied and said he was the only surviving child of my father. He ended up with rights to the house, sold it for 50k, pocketed 10k and we never heard from him again. if he had sold the house for the market value, we could have paid the house off split the profit and each made at least 25k. This is the curse I'm dealing with and trying very hard to avoid.

see thats why i say its up to my generation to fix shyt

i see this alot at work....previous generations fukked up

my generation aint even trying they either All American Kumbaya or just not hip to shyt AT ALL smh

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps

My dad (who is now deceased) has 5 children including me. His house was worth about 175k at the time (before the bubble) and he owned about 40k on it. Since my father wasn't married or didn't have a will, my brother went down to the courts and lied and said he was the only surviving child of my father. He ended up with rights to the house, sold it for 50k, pocketed 10k and we never heard from him again. if he had sold the house for the market value, we could have paid the house off split the profit and each made at least 25k. This is the curse I'm dealing with and trying very hard to avoid.

see thats why i say its up to my generation to fix shyt

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
Taking my ass to Grosse Ile. :myman:, the advantage is that downtown detroit only about 15-20 min from I-75 N.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca

Dead on. Black folks don't think like this at all, west Oakland sat with dilapidated for years, and all the niccas wanted was dope, guns, and turf control. Now, it's being gentrified. If you can, connect with some of those white cats (if they let u in the circle).

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Them the happiest people on the planet, breh.

I've witnessed it before.

It's mostly females/single moms living that life.

That's damn near 2,000 dollars worth of spending money a month.Not counting the "trap star" boyfriend's monthly earnings from his lil "side hustle":mjpls:

They're going to have 3-4 grand just to splurge on every month.Jordans & Cadillacs out the ass
Those are the WORST type of neighbors to have. Especially if you bought in the burbs and these niccas moved out with their vouchers. GET LOST!!!

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
My parents stay in Waldorf, MD...like 20-25 min outside DC

its a short distance out, but damn, people act like they live in the boonies out here...A lot of wealthy blacks out there and whites, the poor out there are POOR tho....

I'd like to live in Waldorf or a county similar to it...I've had enough of the city life, especially since DC is one of the highest cost of living

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Its true, When I seen this thread the first cities I was thinking of where Duncanville, Desoto, Cedar Hill, Lancaster and low and behold thats the are this article was about.

When we were looking for house 3 years ago everybody kept trying to get me to go out there I was like :whoa:

All those cookie cutter houses with no re-sale value.

Its in area where there aren't alot of good jobs so to get money you gotta commute your ass off.

I used to go see my potna and nikkas bassing up and down the street all night, people outside loud as hell...

The shyt was kinda like the Hood 2.0

Not to mention dudes who have below average jobs getting houses like its nothing. I knew something was up with that....

But also I think when people think "Suburb" they have a certain picture in their mind but thats not always the case. I mean techinically "East Cleveland" is a suburb and if you know anythig about Cleveland you know thats not the homes with white pickett fences, tree lined streets type of place...

But being out here and Dallas and watching those "black" suburbs "evolve" I am not surprised and kinda saw it coming

Daps
living in the suburbs is stupid unless you building a crib from the ground up or stay in a historical neighborhood

esp for black people i smh at people that get a lil money then wanna move to the middle of nowhere lolol like they want you out there...stay with yo people... build wit yo people

This right here is straight gospel...

ibvownqb9awu7qaiqb8.gif