Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean I still check for Square games but for the most part they've been going off their legacy for a long time now. The VII remake was actually solid. Better than I expected from them but it also feels somewhat close to the feel of XIII. I'm not really sure modern Square has it in them anymore to be the heavy force they once were. They're a lot like Kanye West. I don't think they can even relate to who they were back when they were beloved.

Let’s wait and see what Forspoken and FF16 looks like. Like i said before, a lot of these games aren’t developed by square enix proper.

They got dragon quest 12 coming out, project triangle, ff16, endwalker,KH4, episode 2 remake, Forspoken....basically all the games people actually go to them for has yet to have full gameplay reveals

Legalese

Banned
Daps
I mean I still check for Square games but for the most part they've been going off their legacy for a long time now. The VII remake was actually solid. Better than I expected from them but it also feels somewhat close to the feel of XIII. I'm not really sure modern Square has it in them anymore to be the heavy force they once were. They're a lot like Kanye West. I don't think they can even relate to who they were back when they were beloved.
For FF the bar has been set so low that if they get the UI mechanics in combat right then they’re basically out the woods, never mind all other aspects of the game (FFR7.. good UI, passable combat)

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
All these Japanese style action games are some anime-ass shyt with embarrassing graphics straight out of 2007. :damn:

Where the fukk are the Ninja Gaidens? Cutting edge graphics with state of the art combat? Holy fukk man every one of these games looks the same. They are all making some DMC wanna be shyt with ridiculously dumb stories, embarrassing combat, characters with flowy long hair, big ass magic swords...

Give me some brutal, violent, Ninja combat with next gen graphics and an actual fukking story.

We as consumers gotta stop hyping and buying this shyt and demand better.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
For FF the bar has been set so low that if they get the mechanics in combat right then they’re basically out the woods, never mind all other aspects of the game (FFR7..)
I mean most agree Final Fantasy X is good. Some say XII is. Either way it’s like 15-20 years between games in the series that are overall well liked. We’re talking about PS2 games as the last time most agreed the series was good. The VII remake has nostalgia to lean on also. It mostly had to walk in the footsteps of a loved game and it would be fine.

Legalese

Banned
Daps
I mean most agree Final Fantasy X is good. Some say XII is. Either way it’s like 15-20 years between games in the series that are overall well liked. We’re talking about PS2 games as the last time most agreed the series was good. The VII remake has nostalgia to lean on also. It mostly had to walk in the footsteps of a loved game and it would be fine.
The next well received one will probably be an X remake, they will try to milk F7R but i feel outside of visuals - the potential is tapped. Hopefully im wrong
:yeshrug:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The trailer had to be a joke. They believe "western focus" to be that edgy crap? The corny dialogue, bad visuals and lame main character screams DOA. The gameplay should be there at least though, right?

Anyone else can't get the demo to run
???
It's completely busted for everybody.