Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Playing it ain't even the issue. It's acting like it's some super great game, when it apparently is not. And in the same breath, will try to tell you that something as super polished as Drift Apart should've been on PS4 outta faux concern and that it's not that great cuz there's a legacy of their games. Then double down on the irony by big upping Mario legacy, just as a goal post, since they don't really be playing those games either.

This is what you do when you loyal to a plastic box in a 4 year gaming drought.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
giphy.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The game is still in alpha so they have a lot of time to fix shyt and try and make it palatable for people. The biggest hurdle in these games is gameplay and that seems to be good, and thats what I expect from Team Ninja.

I’m just now sure why after Nioh 2 having custom characters they would go back to pre-made and especiallly something so generic it looks like it could be a stock character anyway.

The biggest thing they need to change are the designs and characterization. If they can do that they might still have me.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a day one demon souls stan, I have hundreds of hours in each of the Nioh games, but this shyt isn't hitting for me. It's so muddy and boring looking, the enemies are trash and annoying, the bats :camby:, and changing stances doesn't feel as good as nioh. This shyt needs a lot of work. A lot more than Nioh needed from their alphas.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So I’m playing it.....

34121758-2-C50-41-D8-B8-D1-0-A6799-B95-AE9.jpg

My impressions after finishing the demo:

The combat is really good. Honestly, if you like Nioh’s combat this is very similar, although probably not as snappy. It could just be the weapon which is the broad sword but there’s a lot of complexity to it and once you get the rhythm down it feels very familiar.

The graphics are def bad. This is alpha though so I have faith they could get it up to Nioh 2 standards, which still aren’t great but better than this. Resolution mode looked blurry and the framerate mode made everything look noisy as hell. So this def has to be worked on.

The setting and characters are also lame, but maybe its just the one area thats dark like this, there could be plenty more environments that are more fantasy orientated. You get a shyt load of equips like old final fantasy games, head, gloves, armor, legs, rings, boots, etc. thats dope.

Honestly, i will probably cop this. If you like Nioh you should at least do yourself a favor and try the demo out for yourself.

Edit—-

Just noticed they put copyright on my photo lol

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Trying the demo after playing ratchet and clank didn’t help my impressions of this demo.
Game looks complete garbage and the gameplay feels dated as all hell. This ain’t it Square. Don’t disrespect the final fantasy name like this ever again.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm not gonna lie demo was fire, combat is fun and I like how they incorporated the ff jobs and skills

Graphics are awful tho

yeah hopefully people who filled out the survey really all gave the graphics a 0 they gotta know that’s the shyt everyone hates about it

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Playing the demo now. It's actually pretty interesting. Skill based action game which Team Ninja does fairly well. Feels like a themed Nioh game.