stores you are shocked are still in business

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
The stores have gloryholes or sex clubs attached if you let the internet tell it

The ones here in town do. Them joints be packed on weekend nights when I pass by. And the places are just hole in the wall places. Rents probably extra cheap for the owners.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Pretty much all the big mattress companies are empty. Every time I see one, I’m surprised.

Food wise, I had a Boston Market near me that never had a single car in front of it. It’s been empty for years. Finally got bought out and will be replaced by a Zaxbys this year

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Best Buy how they still :ohhh:

Amazon got it bodied
Honestly, yeah i'm surprised bestbuy is still in business. I used to be like a loyal customer, but over the years i see no use for them for the most part. Especially since physical media like cd and dvds are being phased out. I would imagine they're surviving off older people and Black Fridays. I'm surprised they haven't tried to make their stores more like Microcenters and be a more PC warehouse type of business rather than their current/old model.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
The people at the small shops actually know what they're talking about. They can help you solve problems

Contractors keep these type places running

never thought of that....yea half the staff at Home Depot don't even know "righty tight left Lucy" :dead:

My Home Depot though got an old retired creh carpenter who's REALLY helped me out....I don't know shyt about woodwork :dame:

but it seems theres not a lot of those guys in there :francis:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
They could survive if they could get handymen.

I'm installing a smart lock for a friend and I would try to install it myself but It's a wooden door and I have no tools so Best buy is installing it at 150 bucks.

Mom and Pop hardware could win with cheap installations for single moms.

Best Buy is contracting out the install a random mexican on staff would be better.

Yea thats not a bad idea; but its still another employee on the payroll. Home Depot and Lowes already do cheap installations......I was busy and got a new oven installed for like mad cheap and they took the old one.

I use to try and support a local place but they just can't beat Home Depot prices.....plus Home Depot always got better hours :francis:

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
There’s a store near me that sells nothing but light fixtures. Lamps, hanging lights…etc like how tf does a lamp store stay in business. It’s cool riding pass at night when it’s lit though :pachaha:

LampsPlus? I've bought like 3 table lamps outta there and an outdoor light fixture. I like the styles they have and they usually have a lot of sales going on :ehh:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
KFC, inferior to popeyes and more and more fast chicken spots are popping up from the cheap crown fried chicken types, to the fake asads chicken or chicken with raising cane sauce type of places

I'm starting to question how long 5 guys will be around too. $13 for a take out bacon cheese burger with no sides or drink is crazy

clothing stores like old navy, banana republic, jcrew. could be a class thing on my part but who shops at them shyts now when you have fast fashion options like zara and discount luxury sites like ssense if you have a couple dollars