stores you are shocked are still in business

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Lots of these places are Zombie businesses, that keep getting bought and sold off by private equity funds, stripped and then stripped again.

or just propped up by loans, and debt re structuring. American business corporate is really a facade a lot of the time.

AMC, as a frequent movie goer, I don't see how these places are in the black at all. They probably aren't as individual locations, but as a chain, and corporate entity they just keep going, loans and debt. all bullshyt.

what happens in the end, is like Red Lobster, Rubios, K Mart, that is like the bar scene from Goodfellas

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I love Barnes & Nobles and have been a member basically since high school

I have ZERO CLUE how they're not only alive, but maintained their general quality over the past decade.

This one actually reorganized from the top down, with a new CEO about 5 years ago and is profitable, for the first time in 15 years.

James Daunt is the guys name, they reorganized around each store having autonomy to select which books would sell best in that community, instead of a corporate mandated look.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This one actually reorganized from the top down, with a new CEO about 5 years ago and is profitable, for the first time in 15 years.

James Daunt is the guys name, they reorganized around each store having autonomy to select which books would sell best in that community, instead of a corporate mandated look.
dope. repped

Daps
Clothing
  • Banana Republic/Gap/Old Navy
  • J. Crew
  • Brooks Brothers
  • American Eagle
  • Abercrombie and Fitch
  • Macy's
  • Dillard's (I was finna say Foley's but they closed)
Retail
  • Guitar Center
  • Container Store
  • Sur La Table
Food
  • Long John Silver's
  • Applebee's
  • California Pizza Kitchen
  • PF Changs
  • Dairy Queen

:skip:

These are business, and business casual headquarters.

All my shirts and pants from work are J. Crew. They have good coats too.

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
KFC, and I like KFC but it's clearly inferior chicken to Popeyes.

Plus they never keep their best menu items year round like the Hot Wings, Potato Weges, etc.

Plus it costs about the same as Popeyes.

Was curious on numbers. Quick search says kfc has over 30,000 locations worldwide to Popeyes arround 3,800.

They have numbers.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Spirit Airlines.....since a lot of ratchet people are broke af these days.