Stop with the STEVE NASH disrespect

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I love Nash arguments. Somehow there's people wildly overrating and underrating him and I enjoy both takes getting destroyed. :lolbron:

XcigX8L.gif

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I love Nash arguments. Somehow there's people wildly overrating and underrating him and I enjoy both takes getting destroyed. :lolbron:

XcigX8L.gif

The ones giving him props ain’t getting destroyed.

Nash is only 1 of 3 PG’s in NBA history to win MVP 2x

Only 1 of 6 players in NBA history to win MVP back to back

ONLY player in NBA history with 4 50-40-90 seasons

Only 1 of 5 PG’s in NBA history to lead the league in assist 5x

Dude deserves way more respect than he gets

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Fam...Nash wasn’t even the offensive cornerstone “MVP Nash” is getting touted to be....You muhfukkas in here scoffing at Nash being compared to a perennial allstar and all nba player in Paul George as if it’s some kind of supreme insult....talking up the talent and “offensive upside” of a fukking pacers team that had the likes of David West averaging 14ppg as the second option...but Nash, who was on a team with Stat that was dropping 50 spots on “prime Duncan’s” head and matrix being the prototype for the modern big dropping 20 and 10 with stellar defense and Dantoni who has recreated his empty calorie offense multiple times over at various stops, is given 100% credit for singlehandedly transforming the suns...that ultimately didn’t win jack shyt anyway, despite being stacked as fukk :mjlol:

Then when he’s judged by the standards of the people y’all trying to put him in conversations with it’s all “:whoa: Bu bu but how could he win...he had to play against the teams with other good players too”

Nash isn’t the player on those SSOL teams that is disrespected...it’s Marion...he got so little credit for what he meant to that team, you’d think he was playing with Lebron
Bruh Nash was clearly the offensive cornerstone of the SSOL Suns and you're listing points per game for David West like I already haven't stated the Pacers were a defensive team, their calling card wasn't scoringm Nash let historic offenses. Paul Geroge did not.

Nash is top 10 and arguably Top 5 at his position. Most people would not say the same for PG.

You're only going this hard because he won those MVPs over your idol.

Edit: Negged for Amare playing "stellar defense" when that's a known weakness/inconsistency. You're making shyt up for your narrative.

Cyber

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
He was a great player but afaic he doesn't have a legit MVP award

He was the first of many players who received the D'Antoni boost and had too many holes on both ends (size matters) to ever be a strong MVP candidate. Those Suns teams were loaded with talent. Their issue was the same issue any PG-heavy offense had, overreliance on one guy monopolizing ball. Marion/Barbosa/Diaw had no issue being important contributers to title squads whose best players didn't monopalize ball and Johnson/Stat had no issue playing at a very high level without Nash

Still a great player who belongs on any top 5-10 PG list but there will always be something off about his 2 MVPs and sudden increase in production after handchecking was eliminated and right when D'Antoni became his HC

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Bruh Nash was clearly the offensive cornerstone of the SSOL Suns and you're listing points per game for David West like I already haven't stated the Pacers were a defensive team, their calling card wasn't scoringm Nash let historic offenses. Paul Geroge did not.

Nash is top 10 and arguably Top 5 at his position. Most people would not say the same for PG.

You're only going this hard because he won those MVPs over your idol.

Edit: Negged for Amare playing "stellar defense" when that's a known weakness/inconsistency. You're making shyt up for your narrative.

Yeah, the stellar defense part is about Shawn Marion...One of two All Nba forwards that Nash played with on that SSOL Suns squad and one of the most versatile and best defenders of his era..defense that made him a championship piece of the Dirk led title Mavs that beat the Heatles...when the suns traded him for a still more than serviceable Shaq, the SSOL does...don’t know how much you’re a fan of the nba outside of Steve Nash ballwashing, but he was nicknamed The Matrix, which is what I referred to him as and might’ve confused you...ironic cause I ended my post talking about him being the disrespected one...in any event, negged back :pacspit:

you’re missing my point bout the other bit too...not contesting he was the "offensive cornerstone" of those Suns, I'm saying being the "offensive cornerstone" of a stacked team that ... again..,ultimately didn't win jack shyt...doesn’t mean as much as you think it’s supposed to...the cornerstone of a building whose ceiling is winning the second round :mjlol:

far as this having anything to do with Kobe, fukk outta here... you won’t see me whining about Kobe not getting mvp for dragging a bad rebuilding lakers team to the playoffs...Kobe did what great players do, and won when he had a chance to win...some paper narrative driven mvps that were sitting on a shelf collecting dust next to the tv he was watching the finals on that year at the crib does nothing for the legacy of a player like Kobe... that shyt’s shameful

Last edited:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Yeah, the stellar defense part is about Shawn Marion...One of two All Nba forwards that Nash played with on that SSOL Suns squad and one of the most versatile and best defenders of his era..defense that made him a championship piece of the Dirk led title Mavs that beat the Heatles...when the suns traded him for a still more than serviceable Shaq, the SSOL does...don’t know how much you’re a fan of the nba outside of Steve Nash ballwashing, but he was nicknamed The Matrix, which is what I referred to him as and might’ve confused you...ironic cause I ended my post talking about him being the disrespected one...in any event, negged back :pacspit:

you’re missing my point bout the other bit too...not contesting he was the "offensive cornerstone" of those Suns, I'm saying being the "offensive cornerstone" of a stacked team that ... again..,ultimately didn't win jack shyt...doesn’t mean as much as you think it’s supposed to...the cornerstone of a building whose ceiling is winning the second round :mjlol:

far as this having anything to do with Kobe, fukk outta here... you won’t see me whining about Kobe not getting mvp for dragging a bad rebuilding lakers team to the playoffs...Kobe did what great players do, and won when he had a chance to win...some paper narrative driven mvps that were sitting on a shelf collecting dust next to the tv he was watching the finals on that year at the crib does nothing for the legacy of a player like Kobe... that shyt’s shameful
So I guess Draymond is the centerpiece of the Warriors since Marion is the centerpiece of the Suns? I don't give a fukk about his nickname, hundreds of nikkas got nicknames and that doesn't make them better than they are. You're overrating Marion to shyt on Nash. Where was the championship defense the following year? Oh yeah, it left with Tyson Chandler. How is Nash's ceiling the 2nd round when he made 3 West Finals in 6 years to lose to either eventual champions twice?

As far as Kobe, you're whining about it right now.

Last edited:

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
He was a really good player but a glorified Mark Price TBH.

Put Price in D'Antoni system and he'd do the same shyt. Nash was in a time with better medicine and Price had some bad luck with injuries and I think one wire shyt that fukked his knees. He was a better defender than Nash too altho not good himself

With that said I think he deserved 05 MVP. Suns made a historic turnaround after signing him and the rest of the team was basically the exact same so he was the difference. It was him and Shaq but by the end of the season and specially playoffs you could tell it was becoming Wade's team

06 I don't think he deserved to go b2b. With that said it's not unthinkable he got it. They lost Amare for the season, replaced him with Boris Diaw and they barely lost a step

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The ones giving him props ain’t getting destroyed.
You really think so? Okay then, be ready. :myman:

ONLY player in NBA history with 4 50-40-90 seasons
Nash is a great shooter, but many players could have had 50-40-90 seasons if they played in a wide-open offensive system and only were expected to take the best 10-13 shots they got each game. Notice that absolutely 0 of his 50-40-90 seasons came before he turned 30...because he wasn't in D'antoni's system yet.

If Nash doesn't play for D'antoni or if he was ever expected to take more than 12-13 shots/game, he ends up with zero 50-40-90 seasons and you lose your entire point.

Only 1 of 5 PG’s in NBA history to lead the league in assist 5x
Yet again, 0 of those seasons came before he turned 30 and joined D'antoni's system. In fact, he only averaged 8 assists/game ONCE in his first eight seasons despite having Dirk to pass to.

If Nash doesn't go to D'antoni, he ends up with zero seasons leading the league in assists and you lose your entire point.

Nash is only 1 of 3 PG’s in NBA history to win MVP 2x

Only 1 of 6 players in NBA history to win MVP back to back
Since the critics are explicitly saying his MVP's were undeserved, you're failing to counter their argument.

That's all you had? Can you name any other player who was supposedly a GOAT but who never once made 1st-team or 2nd-team All-NBA until he switched teams in his 30s? At Dallas, despite having another GOAT named Dirk on his team, he was a 46.8% shooter who averaged 14.4 points and 7.2 assists/game. At his best a solid, all-star caliber point guard but not a player that ANYONE would think of calling an all-time great. And Dallas got better after he left.

Again, I can destroy the haters just as easily as I can destroy the stans. That's why Steve Nash arguments are funny to me. :lolbron:

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You really think so? Okay then, be ready. :myman:

Nash is a great shooter, but many players could have had 50-40-90 seasons if they played in a wide-open offensive system and only were expected to take the best 10-13 shots they got each game. Notice that absolutely 0 of his 50-40-90 seasons came before he turned 30...because he wasn't in D'antoni's system yet.

If Nash doesn't go to D'antoni, or if Nash was ever expected to take more than 12-13 shots/game, he ends up with zero 50-40-90 seasons and you lose your entire point.

Yet again, 0 of those seasons came before he turned 30 and joined D'antoni's system. In fact, he only averaged 8 assists/game ONCE in his first eight seasons despite having Dirk to pass to.

If Nash doesn't go to D'antoni, he ends up with zero seasons leading the league in assists and you lose your entire point.

Since the critics are explicitly saying his MVP's were undeserved, you're failing to counter their argument.

That's all you had? Can you name any other player who was supposedly a GOAT but who never once made 1st-team or 2nd-team All-NBA under he switched teams in his 30s? At Dallas, despite having another GOAT named Dirk on his team, he was a 46.8% shooter who averaged 7.2 assists/game. A solid, all-star caliber point guard but not a player that ANYONE would think of calling an all-time great. And Dallas got better after he left.

Again, I can destroy the haters just as easily as I can destroy the stans. That's why Steve Nash arguments are funny to me. :lolbron:
Many players couldn’t have shyt, cause it’s others that have played under D’Antoni and ain’t get it so that’s dead

Playing the if game dead too,Nash went to D’Antoni and it is what it is,we can play the if game with damn near any player and change their careers for the worst or better.

Both MVP’s were deserved it goes to the best player on the best team. Nash Sun team was trash the year before he came he got there the very next year they finish first in the West. MVP

Second year they lose STAT and they still win 50+ games showing he not no fluke. MVPx2

Fam who cares when he made All nba first and second teams the fact is he did it,he still had to put that work in lol y’all say the dumbest things like he just got handed it no he earned it point blank period all that if this if that don’t matter because we can do that for any player. ANY PLAYER