STOP THE LIES! BLACK PEOPLE NEVER SUPPORTED THE 94 CRIME BILL

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
That 94 crime bill was all types of wrong. I was 16 at the time, from East Orange, NJ, with family and friends in Newark. This was the New Jersey Drive era. So I clearly remember what things were like. Something had to be done. That crime bill wasn't it though. The crime bill was just more of let's bust some skulls, and not deal with the actual problem of what is causing everything, and enable the police to get away with whatever. This crime bill wasn't about doing anything for blacks, but instead, and from a NJ perspective, for making whites a 20 and 30 minute ride up route 78 and 280, feel safer knowing that law enforcement is cracking down on shyt. So they can feel safer being in Newark while working at Prudential, Gateway, Seton Hall Law, Rutgers etc. Blacks did want something. They wanted those who were terrorizing the neighborhoods to be dealt with. They wanted to feel safe when their kids were outside playing being kids. What they didn't want was to be treated exactly like those criminals. Which didn't matter to someone up in Berkeley Heights because we're all the same to them anyway.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
That 94 crime bill was all types of wrong. I was 16 at the time, from East Orange, NJ, with family and friends in Newark. This was the New Jersey Drive era. So I clearly remember what things were like. Something had to be done. That crime bill wasn't it though. The crime bill was just more of let's bust some skulls, and not deal with the actual problem of what is causing everything, and enable the police to get away with whatever. This crime bill wasn't about doing anything for blacks, but instead, and from a NJ perspective, for making whites a 20 and 30 minute ride up route 78 and 280, feel safer knowing that law enforcement is cracking down on shyt. So they can feel safer being in Newark while working at Prudential, Gateway, Seton Hall Law, Rutgers etc. Blacks did want something. They wanted those who were terrorizing the neighborhoods to be dealt with. They wanted to feel safe when their kids were outside playing being kids. What they didn't want was to be treated exactly like those criminals. Which didn't matter to someone up in Berkeley Heights because we're all the same to them anyway.

THE PROBLEM WASN'T THE BILL. THE BILL DID SLOW CRIME DOWN DRASTICALLY. THE PROBLEM WAS ENFORCEMENT. THE COPS TARGETED LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AND LUMPED THEM IN WITH CRIMINALS. THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM WAS/IS THE PROBLEM. COPS WERE MAKING FALSE ARRESTS AND CRACKING HEADS LONG BEFORE THE CRIME BILL.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
IT WASN'T JUST BLACK PEOPLE. CRIME WAS UP ACROSS THE BOARD EVERYWHERE. CRIME STATS WERE AT A MAJOR PEAK IN 94.
What does people wanting protection from the government, have to do with them instead getting the genocidal 94 crime bill?

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
THE PROBLEM WASN'T THE BILL. THE BILL DID SLOW CRIME DOWN DRASTICALLY. THE PROBLEM WAS ENFORCEMENT. THE COPS TARGETED LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AND LUMPED THEM IN WITH CRIMINALS. THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM WAS/IS THE PROBLEM. COPS WERE MAKING FALSE ARRESTS AND CRACKING HEADS LONG BEFORE THE CRIME BILL.
The 1994 crime Bill incentivized states to Target black Americans.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
Everything you said was correct.

People in this thread want to blame black Americans for asking for help, and they're conflating it with wanting the 94 crime bill.

now that I've posted proof that black people wanted help, but not the 94 crime bill, now they're moving the goalposts, deflecting away from the 94 crime Bill, and trying to denigrate the seriousness of how devastating the crime bill was for black Americans.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
That 94 crime bill was all types of wrong. I was 16 at the time, from East Orange, NJ, with family and friends in Newark. This was the New Jersey Drive era. So I clearly remember what things were like. Something had to be done. That crime bill wasn't it though. The crme bill was just more of let's bust some skulls, and not deal with the actual problem of what is causing everything, and enable the police to get away with whatever. This crime bill wasn't about doing anything for blacks, but instead, and from a NJ perspective, for making whites a 20 and 30 minute ride up route 78 and 280, feel safer knowing that law enforcement is cracking down on shyt. So they can feel safer being in Newark while working at Prudential, Gateway, Seton Hall Law, Rutgers etc. Blacks did want something. They wanted those who were terrorizing the neighborhoods to be dealt with. They wanted to feel safe when their kids were outside playing being kids. What they didn't want was to be treated exactly like those criminals. Which didn't matter to someone up in Berkeley Heights because we're all the same to them anyway.

I'm from the same area/era. You made a nuanced point regarding the crime bill, it's not that people didn't want it it's just people want/don't want things without knowing the ramifications down the the line and this is the nature of lawmaking in the US in general. I've been an opponent of the law bill and it's crazy because low key Obama took a lot of the teeth out of it before Trump axed all that.

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
He can't without revealing his actual agenda.​
You do know that Joe Biden was a vice president's right?

In Trump's presidency he gave us $1,200.

What tangibles specifically has Joe Biden gave black americans, during his presidency?

That's a plus one for Trump, and a negative -5000 for Joe Biden, because you know, the 94 crime bill.