Steven Spielberg is the Greatest Director of All Time.....

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
"Jurassic Park" impacted everyone who saw it but I think the movie had the most impact on Kids. I was 13 when it came out and till this day it ranks as one of my all Time Theater Experiences EVER. It's coming out on 3D this April to celebrate the 20th Anniversary. It's easily one of not just the greatest blockbusters ever but greatest movies ever. The sequels never lived up to it:

jurassic-park-3d-poster.jpg

:lawd:

i was 7 breh

:clap:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Best run of any director

1974 Murder on the Orient Express
1975 Dog Day Afternoon
1976 Network
1977 Equus

4 classics in 4 years?

:mindblown:

And this run doesn't even include his best film. But I wouldn't call Equus a classic...haven't seen it in a LONG time though

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Also you can't have a list of Goat directors without putting Spike Lee in the mix, his run from She's Gotta Have It through Malcolm X was as perfect a run a director gets. Do The Right Thing, Malcolm X, and The 25th Hour are flawless movies, absolute gems

I'm all for giving Spike Lee props but :whoa: Lee isn't at the same caliber as Spielberg, Kubrick, Scorsese, Kurosawa, Sidney Lumet, Hitchcock, Cameron, Bergman, Goddard and Coppola (kinda, but hasn't made a good movie since 1979)

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
And this run doesn't even include his best film. But I wouldn't call Equus a classic...haven't seen it in a LONG time though

I hope you are talking about 12 angry men
:leostare:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Just looking at Lumet's page on IMDB tells me there are a LOT of his films I need to catch up with

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I'm all for giving Spike Lee props but :whoa: Lee isn't at the same caliber as Spielberg, Kubrick, Scorsese, Kurosawa, Sidney Lumet, Hitchcock, Cameron, Bergman, Goddard and Coppola (kinda, but hasn't made a good movie since 1979)

Actually Spike is in my personal Top 10, he's definitely not in the Top 9, but its in the 20-10 Range, he's had his impact. He may not be better those but I think an argument could be made that Spike's impact on cinema can't be denied. He's also one of the most acclaimed Black Directors of all time. I think Spike is in the Debate even though I'd say yes he not better than those names.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Actually Spike is in my personal Top 10, he's definitely not in the Top 9, but its in the 20-10 Range, he's had his impact. He may not be better those but I think an argument could be made that Spike's impact on cinema can't be denied. He's also one of the most acclaimed Black Directors of all time. I think Spike is in the Debate even though I'd say yes he not better than those names.

tumblr_m3qcqlkXa51qj47y6.gif

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
He pretty much invented the Blockbuster, you can't take anything away from Spielberg but I hesitate to call him the Goat because he's been HEAVILY uneven this past decade. If he would've scaled back and only did a Minority Report or Lincoln every 3-4 years he'd still be considered Goat status, but when you have films like War Of The Worlds (WORST ending E-V-E-R) Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull (as bad as any of the Star Wars prequels.) War Horse (overly sentimental bullshyt) and Tin Tin (Ehhhhh) attached to your name it brings you down a peg or two

co-sign..he's been pretty EH post minority report and catch me.

I'll have to peep lincoln though I really have no desire to see it.. same with his last War Horse joint.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Had no desire to watch War Horse, but I caught it on Showtime or some shyt the other night.....shyt was much better than I expected. :childplease: @ myself for doubting the god :blessed:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Also for those that don't know. Steven is the Excutive Producer of the "Transformers" series. Say what you will they were all successful films even though they weren't the best quality. As someone who grew up an 80's kid on "Transformers". I think the movie outdid my expectations visually. The Effects are amazing. It's just Bay over doing things that drags the series down. But as Action adventure science fiction films they actually work which is why they were Blockbusters. So again Steven once again has his name on a Big Time Trilogy.:

61xt8ALt9uL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

xx001234448

Visual Storyteller
Daps
a02m1.png

Spielberg's a talented director, but no.

Murnau
Truffaut
Rossellini
Godard
Kurosawa
Bergman
Ozu
Fellini
Kubrick
Antonioni
Rohmer
Fassbender
Tarkovsky

^^^ And those are only a few off the top of my head who are much better than him. He's really good at giving the masses a roller coaster ride type of movie, though.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I'd have to disagree saying Spike Lee isn't in the same caliber as at least 3 people on your list (Coppola, Bergman, and Cameron). In my opinion Spike Lee has at least 3 movies that are absolute flawless films, films that I would consider true landmarks in cinema. Do The Right Thing, Malcolm X and his documentary 4 Little Girls are quite possibly some of the most gripping, supremely written, shot and edited films of all time. Not only that, they step out of the realm of just blockbuster or entertainment and will go down as STATEMENT films that both polarized and inspired their audiences. His very first film She's Gotta Have It was a landmark in Independent Cinema at the time of its release and was a major help in the independent film renaissance that followed. You simply CANNOT deny Spike's influence and impact as a filmmaker.