Steven Spielberg is the Greatest Director of All Time.....

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Empire of the sun is a great movie. Glad to see it got a mention in this thread.

Same with Lumet. He didn't make that best movies later in his life but his work in the 70's was....:noah:

Best run of any director

1974 Murder on the Orient Express
1975 Dog Day Afternoon
1976 Network
1977 Equus

4 classics in 4 years?

:mindblown:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't say "THE" greatest of all-time but he is up there.

What about Fritz Lang?
Sci-fi wouldn't be where it's at without Metropolis
crime/thrillers/even comic book villains wouldn't be the same without his Dr. Mabuse series.
Look at his fantasy epic Die Nibelungen. Can't tell me fantasy movies didn't gain from that.

7372_1_front.jpg

"Name a director that I ain't influence"

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black America. Steven gave us "The Color Purple, Amistad and Lincoln" all dealing with Black Struggle in America. He will have my respect for that:

220px-The_Color_Purple_poster.jpg

11 Oscar Nods (ZERO WINS, SMH)

220px-Amistad-Poster.jpg

4 Oscar Nods (ZERO WINS)
Meh. In all honesty, I only watched Color Purple and Amistad because it just seems like every black american should watch them, but I wouldn't list them as my favorites. They have little to no replay value.
Nor did I feel :sadbron: or that black and proud feeling, I did kinda feel like like :angry: towards whites, tho :laugh:.
Django Unchained... well we already got a thread on that :troll:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It's hard to go against Hitchcock as the GOAT. The man was unreal how amazing he was as a filmmaker. His movie have aged amazingly well. SMH do you all know that Hitchcock never won an Oscar but got a lifetime achievement Oscar

:pacspit: @ OSCARS

They did Steven Dirty for Many years too, he didn't finally win an Oscar until "Scheniler's List". "The Color Purple" got 10 Nominations and lost all them. "E.T" got double digits and only won 2 awards. The Biggest Robbery of Steven Career was "Saving Private Ryan" which lost Best Picture so "Shakespeare in Love" even though Steven won Best Director. That was B.S., "Ryan" sh!ts on "SIL" something heavy. But Hitchcock got the last laugh, he's iconic.

alfred_hitchcock.jpg

Shakespeare in Love is probably the WORST "Great" movie I've ever seen, I couldn't believe the hype over that movie and I was probably only like 13 when it came out but we had to watch it in school one day and I was like "THIS is it?":heh: Saving Private Ryan definitely shyts all over it..

Also you can't have a list of Goat directors without putting Spike Lee in the mix, his run from She's Gotta Have It through Malcolm X was as perfect a run a director gets. Do The Right Thing, Malcolm X, and The 25th Hour are flawless movies, absolute gems

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
JURRRASIC PARK

MY GOD

I WILL NEVEE FORGET SEEING THIS IN THEATRES

THE EXPIERUENCE.

:wow:

"Jurassic Park" impacted everyone who saw it but I think the movie had the most impact on Kids. I was 13 when it came out and till this day it ranks as one of my all Time Theater Experiences EVER. It's coming out on 3D this April to celebrate the 20th Anniversary. It's easily one of not just the greatest blockbusters ever but greatest movies ever. The sequels never lived up to it:

jurassic-park-3d-poster.jpg

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
His movie are great :popcorn: films, but for some reason I find him the Jay-Z of cinema. :yeshrug:

Jaws
ET
Poltergiest
Gremlims
Twilight Zone Movie
The Goonies
Back To The Future
Jurrassic Park
Three O'Clock High
Tiny Toons How I Spent My Summer Vacation
The Flinstones
Saving Private Ryan
Minority Report

:lawd:

His entire filmography is :whew:

Daps
Meh. In all honesty, I only watched Color Purple and Amistad because it just seems like every black american should watch them, but I wouldn't list them as my favorites. They have little to no replay value.
Nor did I feel :sadbron: or that black and proud feeling, I did kinda feel like like :angry: towards whites, tho :laugh:.
Django Unchained... well we already got a thread on that :troll:

the color purple has no replay value???!--:foh:...danny glover killt dat shyt...

krexzen

All Star
Daps
It's hard to go against Hitchcock as the GOAT. The man was unreal how amazing he was as a filmmaker. His movie have aged amazingly well. SMH do you all know that Hitchcock never won an Oscar but got a lifetime achievement Oscar

:pacspit: @ OSCARS

They did Steven Dirty for Many years too, he didn't finally win an Oscar until "Scheniler's List". "The Color Purple" got 10 Nominations and lost all them. "E.T" got double digits and only won 2 awards. The Biggest Robbery of Steven Career was "Saving Private Ryan" which lost Best Picture so "Shakespeare in Love" even though Steven won Best Director. That was B.S., "Ryan" sh!ts on "SIL" something heavy. But Hitchcock got the last laugh, he's iconic.

alfred_hitchcock.jpg

It seems like an actor/director can't win an Oscar unless they break away from their usual style of films (directors) or types of roles (actors).