Steven Spielberg is the Greatest Director of All Time.....

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
because its the greatest movie ever

"Back to the Future" is the PERFECT FILM, you can watch the film today and still get the same feeling as when you 1st saw it. It's just an amazing movie and concept. Imagine trying to sell that Concept. "Yea a guy going to go back in time and his mother is going to fall in love with him". I mean it's crazy. The Sequels weren't bad but the 1st one is so timeless that the whole Trilogy gets Classic Status. I'm not shocked Steven was the Executive Producer if you watch the movie he very well could of directed even though Zemekis did. Steven has such a great imagination I'm sure he saw the potential in Back To The Future when others wouldn't.

Back+to+the+Future+by+Drew+Struzan_1.jpg

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Some try to say "Steven is the most Commercially Successful Director but not the best" again I can understand that argument cause even I would admit he's not technically the best maybe as far as skill. But I think he has the components to be the Best Director cause all of his films the acting is very superb. The music is amazing cause of John Williams. The cinematography is always on point.

He is a little to obsessed with the Happy ending but he's had dark ending also. I just you can't deny the versatility. Certain directors you know there style. Steven jumped from so many genres you can't put him in a box as far as what he tackled. I mean from a Shark Movie, to an Alien to an Archaeologist to the Holocaust, Black South, Slavery, War, Terrorism. Just so many topics and commentary.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He pretty much invented the Blockbuster, you can't take anything away from Spielberg but I hesitate to call him the Goat because he's been HEAVILY uneven this past decade. If he would've scaled back and only did a Minority Report or Lincoln every 3-4 years he'd still be considered Goat status, but when you have films like War Of The Worlds (WORST ending E-V-E-R) Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull (as bad as any of the Star Wars prequels.) War Horse (overly sentimental bullshyt) and Tin Tin (Ehhhhh) attached to your name it brings you down a peg or two

Daps
I not a huge fan of his work, but I'd say that Cameron is the best film maker.

His films are so innovative, and creative, but they are also huge commercial successes. He doesn't rely on big name actors (well maybe Arnold). He knows how to touch people with his films, even people like me.

I just watch T2 recently and it's amazing how well the movie has aged. Tis the same with Aliens and even Terminator 1.

I can't think of one Spielberg film that I would put on the same level of Terminator 2. Spielberg's films are so dang corny to me.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
That's kind of strange because Kubrick's style is very different than Spielberg's.

Most of y'all probably don't watch old foreign films, but I think Akira Kurosawa deserves a mention.

There are A LOT of directors who deserve a mention

Hitchcock
Welles
Lang
Lumet
Kurosawa
Bergman
Wilder
Polanksi
Huston
Bresson
Leone
Goddard
Mendes

....not sure where the list ends.

Spielberg is great, but he does tend to go for the overly sentimental endings.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I not a huge fan of his work, but I'd say that Cameron is the best film maker.

His films are so innovative, and creative, but they are also huge commercial successes. He doesn't rely on big name actors (well maybe Arnold). He knows how to touch people with his films, even people like me.

I just watch T2 recently and it's amazing how well the movie has aged. Tis the same with Aliens and even Terminator 1.

I can't think of one Spielberg film that I would put on the same level of Terminator 2. Spielberg's films are so dang corny to me.

I like Cameron a lot, he has a lot of quality over quantity. But I can't put him above Steven. But he is a Legend though.

FU_PAYME

Rookie
Daps
Lincoln was tough! Brothas, do yourselves a favor and make sure you check that out.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Nah it's Sidney Lumet

12 angry men
Serpico
Murder on the Orient Express
Dog Day Afternoon
Network
Equus
The Verdict

I saw 12 angry men in grammar school. and serpico and dog day afternoon as an adult.

serpico is a dope ass movie. I have seen in a lot of times. in my opinion, it's one of pacino's most slept on roles.