Steven Spielberg is the Greatest Director of All Time.....

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
IDK, I really like Ridley and Tony Scott's films. Not saying they're the greatest because it's far too subjective but they are up there along with Soderbergh.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Francis Ford Coppola is the GOAT for these movies alone:

The Godfather
The Godfather Part II
Apocalypse Now

Coppola's the GOAT, brehs:

Francis-Ford-Coppola-9257168-1-402.jpg

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
You fukk nikkas aint eam mention one of da GOATS Terry Gilliam. :birdman: :ufdup:

Brazil
TimeBandits
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
12 Monkeys
The Fisher King
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Lumet is a Legend. Coppola is a Legend. Scorsese is a Legend. They are all in the conversation with Steven as Best of All Time. What Steven might have over all them is overall Impact of reaching a worldwide audience cause of his success. Not saying the other 3 didn't have hits cause they did. This is what I mean, skill wise, I can't say Steven is the best period. Those 3 are probably better skilled Directors but it's other factors along with Skill that I feel makes Steven the GOAT. Also he has some underrated movies like "Empire of the Sun" which was Christian Bale's 1st movie:

220px-Empire_Of_The_Sun.jpg

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Hitchcock.

Those old ass movies still hold up to this day :mindblown:

It's hard to go against Hitchcock as the GOAT. The man was unreal how amazing he was as a filmmaker. His movie have aged amazingly well. SMH do you all know that Hitchcock never won an Oscar but got a lifetime achievement Oscar

:pacspit: @ OSCARS

They did Steven Dirty for Many years too, he didn't finally win an Oscar until "Scheniler's List". "The Color Purple" got 10 Nominations and lost all them. "E.T" got double digits and only won 2 awards. The Biggest Robbery of Steven Career was "Saving Private Ryan" which lost Best Picture so "Shakespeare in Love" even though Steven won Best Director. That was B.S., "Ryan" sh!ts on "SIL" something heavy. But Hitchcock got the last laugh, he's iconic.

alfred_hitchcock.jpg

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
He pretty much invented the Blockbuster, you can't take anything away from Spielberg but I hesitate to call him the Goat because he's been HEAVILY uneven this past decade. If he would've scaled back and only did a Minority Report or Lincoln every 3-4 years he'd still be considered Goat status, but when you have films like War Of The Worlds (WORST ending E-V-E-R) Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull (as bad as any of the Star Wars prequels.) War Horse (overly sentimental bullshyt) and Tin Tin (Ehhhhh) attached to your name it brings you down a peg or two

Yea but he was amazing in the 70's, 80's and most of the 90's. He's not going to be great all the Time. The 2000's he still released 3 solid films which is good for an entire decade for most directors. "Munich and Terminal" were slightly boring and uneven. "Indy 4" wasn't great when you match up against the Classic Trilogy but it wasn't horrible just a horrible concept with the whole Indy has a son he didn't know about. "War of the Worlds" was solid but that ending was so Hollywood Steven should be ashamed of himself. "A.I." was love it or hate it but against with Kurbrick dying it affected the final product. So yes the 2000's was his worst era but we still got some gems:

220px-Minority_Report_Poster.jpg

220px-Catch_Me_If_You_Can_2002_movie.jpg

215px-Lincoln_2012_Teaser_Poster.jpg

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Nah....Indy 4 is fukking HORRIBLE on almost every level imaginable.

But I loved Tin Tin :yeshrug:

Change

All Star
Daps
Empire of the sun is a great movie. Glad to see it got a mention in this thread.

Same with Lumet. He didn't make that best movies later in his life but his work in the 70's was....:noah:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Black America. Steven gave us "The Color Purple, Amistad and Lincoln" all dealing with Black Struggle in America. He will have my respect for that:

220px-The_Color_Purple_poster.jpg

11 Oscar Nods (ZERO WINS, SMH)

220px-Amistad-Poster.jpg

4 Oscar Nods (ZERO WINS)

Change

All Star
Daps
amistad was one of his weakest movies imo.

Duel is great and Sugarland Express is underrated since a lot of people haven't seen them.

Always, 1941, and A.I. are his worst imo. I hate AI with a passion.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
amistad was one of his weakest movies imo.

Duel is great and Sugarland Express is underrated since a lot of people haven't seen them.

Always, 1941, and A.I. are his worst imo. I hate AI with a passion.

It wasn't that "Amistad" was weak, Steven dropped the ball focusing on the whole Legal drama of freeing slaves. "Lincoln" was the better film to do that in which I feel he did to make up for "Amistad" cause in the "Amistad" case that was just an isolated case, all Blacks weren't freed from that case. Also Steven had the right idea about showing the brutality of the Slave Trade while they traveled on Ships. He should of elaborated more on that instead of it turning into a Court Drama of the 1800's. "Duel and Sugarland" were both very good movies people need to dig more into Steven's 70's catalog but the 80's and 90's outshine it cause of the big hits he had those decades. It's amazing how Iconic "Jaws" is. It's considered the 1st Summer Blockbuster ever:

JAWS_Movie_poster.jpg

CELL

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A.I. blew me away. That ending is :wow: too much for me every time. Even thinking about it has me tearing and I NEVER cry to movies.