Stephen Jackson says everyone should check in when travelling

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
This shyt super stupid and ignorant. But let’s pretend this shyt made sense …. It’s not the old days like the 70s or even the 80s where the streets actually had atleast a little rank and file. Who the fukk is a head honcho in any city really. Yea you got prosper doing they thing running stuff to a certain degree, but most of these young boys now out here doing they own thing. It’s not no big criminal unified organizations who answer to one leader. You not calling Big Meech and saying “ay bruh am I good”. Those organizations don’t even exist no more that run whole cities by themselves. You paying one person for extortion and then somebody who from another side of town or don’t know you or simply don’t care at all come and rob you. It’s so stupid lmao

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
His ideology of checking in doesn’t even make any sense.

“where ever I go I call my people”

Ok and? Who the F*ck doesn’t do that?

When im in the A I always contact my cousin whose a physician lol
Well that’s literally all checking in is. It’s internet goofies and nikkas who never been nowhere who talk about, it means extortion….

No it means you ain’t from there, call your people to hold you down and make sure you’re good. The ONLY people getting extorted are the ones who don’t have any homies there and therefore shouldn’t even be there.

You pay to perpetrate. You check in with your homies. But some nikkas ego too big to even call the homies. They want to prove they can do it.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehhhhhhh.

After watching the video I get what he's trying to say, but it's gonna come out in a negative way if you square

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
This shyt super stupid and ignorant. But let’s pretend this shyt made sense …. It’s not the old days like the 70s or even the 80s where the streets actually had atleast a little rank and file. Who the fukk is a head honcho in any city really. Yea you got prosper doing they thing running stuff to a certain degree, but most of these young boys now out here doing they own thing. It’s not no big criminal unified organizations who answer to one leader. You paying one person for extortion and then somebody who from another side of town or don’t know you or simply don’t care at all come and rob you. It’s so stupid lmao
Whether paying or not paying, the people you check in with should be some major dudes. Dudes who everybody knows, moves around with impunity. Someone who is not going to put a word out…. But actually bring 10 nikkas with you everywhere you go so nobody even attempts a robbery cause it’s a small army waiting

Or you know…. You could just pay for security. But again. Ego

Charlie Sollers

All Star
Daps
so what happens if the people you are checking in with say no? Imagine being a rapper, you get nominated for a Grammy, try to check in and some dusty nikka says nah, you can’t pass through :russ:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whether paying or not paying, the people you check in with should be some major dudes. Dudes who everybody knows, moves around with impunity. Someone who is not going to put a word out…. But actually bring 10 nikkas with you everywhere you go so nobody even attempts a robbery cause it’s a small army waiting

So basically people need to pay for protection when visiting these areas?

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps

No I agree it’s completely stupid and nothing but extortion. But people like Stephen Jackson probably not even doing it like how you said, having people with him the whole time. He calling places, visiting and making visits and saying “ok I’m good now to move around as I wish here” :russ:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Then again, if you making money off the culture, i guess they feel you need to pay the culture.