Starfiled was the only single player game among the 10 most played for 2023

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Game didn’t sell anywhere near 40-45 million. I know pretty much every PS5 sold since the game came out came with the game attached to it whether those people wanted the game and spent time with it or not.

Paying for gamepass and choosing to play starfield is a deliberate choice and people made that choice enough for starfiled to be a top 10 most played games on xbox.

Spider-man 2 didn’t break the top 10 of playstation most played games despite the fact that it was a free pack in for millions of consoles.

Every game on gamepass instantly has 30 million potential users. Only one of them ended up in the top ten of most played games on xbox :ehh:
Starfield had a hype to it well before Microsoft even purchased Bethesda. You say every game on Game Pass has 30 million potential users and just Starfield made that list and I say Hogwarts Legacy outsold Starfield and didn't make the list. Starfield didn't make that list for the love it made the list because it was quite possible the largest hyped game to ever hit Game Pass and so many people had access to the game at no extra charge many people played it.

This is the source of the article you so proudly posted.
Starfield was a standout example amongst these lists, which took data from thirty-seven markets around the world. It was the only single-player-exclusive game to hit the top ten on a global scale, which was likely thanks to the game launching as part of Xbox Game Pass in September 2023. It wound up in eighth place overall, sitting between Rocket League and Apex Legends.
Ultimately, Starfield’s marketing campaign and hype train is what won over millions of players initially, but the drive behind the title seems to have fallen flat since it was released toward the end of 2023.
Which is exactly what I said. This game only made the list because it was a majorly hyped game on a subscription service. It flamed out fast.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Starfield had a hype to it well before Microsoft even purchased Bethesda. You say every game on Game Pass has 30 million potential users and just Starfield made that list and I say Hogwarts Legacy outsold Starfield and didn't make the list. Starfield didn't make that list for the love it made the list because it was quite possible the largest hyped game to ever hit Game Pass and so many people had access to the game at no extra charge many people played it.

This is the source of the article you so proudly posted.

Which is exactly what I said. This game only made the list because it was a majorly hyped game on a subscription service. It flamed out fast.
You doing a lot of this right now
giphy.gif

It made it cause lots of people played the game period.

Other games with more sales and more users did not make the list.

The idea that people just touched the game and ran away is some sony stan fantasy shyt.

Even had more engagement than the GOTY.

A game doesn’t amass this type of engagement off hype. People spent lots of time playing the game once they tried it.

Anything else you talmbout is cope cause as always, the numbers don’t add up to you stan’s ramblings :ufdup:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You doing a lot of this right now
giphy.gif

It made it cause lots of people played the game period.

Other games with more sales and more users did not make the list.

The idea that people just touched the game and ran away is some sony stan fantasy shyt.

Even had more engagement than the GOTY.

A game doesn’t amass this type of engagement off hype. People spent lots of time playing the game once they tried it.

Anything else you talmbout is cope cause as always, the numbers don’t add up to you stan’s ramblings :ufdup:
A lot of people watched Velma on Max
Didn't mean a lot of people loved it.

Your entire premise is a false equivalence. You can go on Steam where people have to buy the game to even play it and see
Fallout 4 a game that came out in 2015 so 9 years ago has more players on Steam right now than Starfield. 65% more players in fact.
Explain. I guess Sony Stans did it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
A lot of people watched Velma on Max
Didn't mean a lot of people loved it.

Your entire premise is a false equivalence. You can go on Steam where people have to buy the game to even play it and see
Fallout 4 a game that came out in 2015 so 9 years ago has more players on Steam right now than Starfield. 65% more players in fact.
Explain. I guess Sony Stans did it.
You’re the one with the false equivalences. This ain’t velma or HBO max.

You are grasping for straws due to your shambles right now. Stop it. You look crazy.

Again. we have actual numbers

People aren’t spending 40 hours on some shyt they don’t like just cause it’s on gamepass

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Who gives a fukk about that useless game :camby:
And I hyped up starfield to high moon on the coli.. I beat the game and I have no reason to go back.. the story was forgetful, the side characters were boring:camby:. I actually liked the combat for the most part.. the powers are useless

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You are grasping for straws due to your shambles right now. Stop it. You look crazy.

People aren’t spending 40 hours on some shyt they don’t like just cause it’s on gamepass

But I did. :dwillhuh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I gave you actual numbers noticed you ignored the Steam numbers from right now that have 5.5K people and 17K people playing Fallout 4. Hell Skyrim came out in 2016 and has almost 20K people playing it on Steam right now. shyt Fallout New Vegas is at 4.6K players Starfield is barely 1K players past it if that and New Vegas came out in 2010. Please explain why Starfield that hasn't even been out a year is barely beating a 14 year old game and losing to 8 and 9 year old games from the same publisher. BTW all these games are on Game Pass too.

I didn't say this was Velma I made the point using Velma that something getting a lot of initial attention on a subscription service doesn't mean people loved it. It's clear Starfield was loved by few and most moved on.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I gave you actual numbers noticed you ignored the Steam numbers from right now that have 5.5K people and 17K people playing Fallout 4. Hell Skyrim came out in 2016 and has almost 20K people playing it on Steam right now. shyt Fallout New Vegas is at 4.6K players Starfield is barely 1K players past it if that and New Vegas came out in 2010. Please explain why Starfield that hasn't even been out a year is barely beating a 14 year old game and losing to 8 and 9 year old games from the same publisher. BTW all these games are on Game Pass too.

I didn't say this was Velma I made the point using Velma that something getting a lot of initial attention on a subscription service doesn't mean people loved it. It's clear Starfield was loved by few and most moved on.
Steam numbers don’t disprove anything.

Again. We have actual numbers on average playtime. We don’t need all your jewelzing.

Just do some math.

535 million hours of starfield had been played when bethesda made that announcement.

Gamepass has at most 35 million users. Even if Every single one of them played the game they still needed to spend at least 15+ playing th game to even get close to that number.

Most single player games don’t even get 15 hours of engagement.

Y’all sound crazy trying to downplay the shyt.

The Starfield shambles are real:wow:

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop it.

All types of trash on gamepass. If you wanted to throw time away.

I legit put over 40 hours into Starfield, and eventually gave up on it because it wasn't clicking for me, and when I had some space from it, I realized that I just didn't like the game at a fundamental level.

Even for the most discerning tastes, you don't always instantly bounce off of something. For a lot of these big open world games, it's common for people to drop tens of hours into a game and then decide they don't like it. It seems like there's always someone to pop out and say they didn't like Red Dead Redemption 2 after playing it for a long while whenever that thread gets bumped.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I legit put over 40 hours into Starfield, and eventually gave up on it because it wasn't clicking for me, and when I had some space from it, I realized that I just didn't like the game at a fundamental level.

Even for the most discerning tastes, you don't always instantly bounce off of something. For a lot of these big open world games, it's common for people to drop tens of hours into a game and then decide they don't like it. It seems like there's always someone to pop out and say they didn't like Red Dead Redemption 2 after playing it for a long while whenever that thread gets bumped.
You don’t put 80hours into a game because it’s on gamepass.

There was something in the game that compelled you to make it to 80 hours even if you ultimately felt disappointed at the end. Full story could be completed in a few hours if you just wanted to get done.

80 hour playtime is not “bouncing off” you sound crazy :stopitslime:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
50 page thread about how people hated and didn't play the game only for it to be one of the most played games of the year :wow:

Where Same Man 2 at? How is it not on the list? It aint like their are other Playstation games to play:wow: