Starfiled was the only single player game among the 10 most played for 2023

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If you had to buy a new PS5 to get it then you had to pay a fair amount. I have a PS5 and I don’t have a copy of Spider-Man 2. Also have an Xbox Series X and got access to Starfield easily. If you wanna pretend like spending $500 is the same as spending like $11 or so be my guest but you aren’t fooling anyone but yourself.

Gamepass ain’t free. If u are paying a gamepass subscription to play a game, that’s a larger commitment than buying a console and getting whatever game comes with it.

Right now astros playroom is the best selling PS5 game by far, would you call it the most popular/important PS5 game??? :usure:
What was Hogwarts which also didn’t make that list given away with btw?
You claimed a game having cheap access was the reason people put excessive hours into it. Hogwarts wasn’t given away for free so i’m not sure why you are talking about it here.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I figured you’d have enjoyed all the both sides bullshyt in it :umad:

icegif-660.gif

Game was C+

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I dont really like Starfield, but this at least shows there still a very high demand for a good single player RPG and not everything needs to be a GAAS.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Gamepass ain’t free. If u are paying a gamepass subscription to play a game, that’s a larger commitment than buying a console and getting whatever game comes with it.

Right now astros playroom is the best selling PS5 game by far, would you call it the most popular/important PS5 game??? :usure:

You claimed a game having cheap access was the reason people put excessive hours into it. Hogwarts wasn’t given away for free so i’m not sure why you are talking about it here.
So you are saying to the 40-45 or so million PS5 owners that already owned a PS5 when Spider-Man 2 released paying $500 to get a free copy with a new console is equivalent to the then current Xbox Series owners and some PC gamers just having to pay $12 or so to access Game Pass for a single month to get Starfield at no extra charge?

I claim that when Starfield released almost 30 million people had instant access to it at no additional charge because it was on a service they subscribed to. Are you saying that’s a lie? Are you saying that didn’t influence how many people played the game or who even tried it?

If the best selling game of 2023 couldn’t make that list then that list doesn’t represent what you’re trying to pass it off as meaning.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So you are saying to the 40-45 or so million PS5 owners that already owned a PS5 when Spider-Man 2 released paying $500 to get a free copy with a new console is equivalent to the then current Xbox Series owners and some PC gamers just having to pay $12 or so to access Game Pass for a single month to get Starfield at no extra charge?

Game didn’t sell anywhere near 40-45 million. I know pretty much every PS5 sold since the game came out came with the game attached to it whether those people wanted the game and spent time with it or not.

Paying for gamepass and choosing to play starfield is a deliberate choice and people made that choice enough for starfiled to be a top 10 most played games on xbox.

Spider-man 2 didn’t break the top 10 of playstation most played games despite the fact that it was a free pack in for millions of consoles.
I claim that when Starfield released almost 30 million people had instant access to it at no additional charge because it was on a service they subscribed to. Are you saying that’s a lie? Are you saying that didn’t influence how many people played the game or who even tried it?

If the best selling game of 2023 couldn’t make that list then that list doesn’t represent what you’re trying to pass it off as meaning.
Every game on gamepass instantly has 30 million potential users. Only one of them ended up in the top ten of most played games on xbox :ehh:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes to the point they may play games they normally wouldn’t even buy. The monetization of that model is another story.

I listen to artist today like The Struts and Bleachers that I would have never listened to without Spotify. The Sturts are my most listened to artist in the past few years by far.
IMG-3580.png

I also haven’t spent a single dime on any of their music. They get paid whatever Spotify pays them.

Put Baldur's Gate 3 on Game Pass and it probably doubles its player count. It probably also makes substantially less money for the developer. It’s on the developer and publisher to weigh that out and balance it. Many opt to skip the subscription service until the game is dead. Comparing play time of a hyped game on a sub service vs one that isn’t really doing much.

Good examples. Both bands are actually pretty good, and with the way music marketing works, having to actually purchase their songs to try them definitely would've limited the exposure they have.

Because if we're being real, "The bass player from Fun had his own band, and they're actually pretty good" from when I first heard about them, or "That guy that produced *insert Taylor Swift song* has a band, and they're pretty good," probably wouldn't get me to actually buy anything.

I dont really like Starfield, but this at least shows there still a very high demand for a good single player RPG and not everything needs to be a GAAS.

Yeah, while brehs are in here arguing over how much if that playtime is people trying it and bouncing off it, it's still nice to see non GAAS games get high end budgets.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats not a revelation. Thats literally the majority of highly rated games every year and this year is no different

Have fun getting PowerPoint slided to death in regards to Sony's future releases, breh. :huhldup:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Oh, did the XBox brehs move past using that one PowerPoint slide whenever someone says Sony isn't flooding the market with GAAS games? I've been ignoring most of the stan war convos for a while, so I legit don't know.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Oh, did the XBox brehs move past using that one PowerPoint slide whenever someone says Sony isn't flooding the market with GAAS games? I've been ignoring most of the stan war convos for a while, so I legit don't know.
i legit don’t even care anymore. Im not even engaging in this shyt.

I’m just saying the majority of big budgets are still are going to single player across the board