Starfiled was the only single player game among the 10 most played for 2023

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of the most hyped games of the year on a subscription service with close to 30 million subs. Those other games you're comparing it to people actually had to buy to even play. You go back and look at the reception it got on even Steam and it tuns out a lot of people played Starfield and either didn't like it or bounced off it. The game came and went pretty fast. It squeezed a lot into about that first month when it came out and after then faded.

So go ahead and continue with the mischaracterization that a lot of people many of which didn't have to spend money to play did play the game as wide approval of the game. In reality it was a flash in the pan.
They know this, they're just playing dumb and changing the context to 'splain away the reception.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They know this, they're just playing dumb and changing the context to 'splain away the reception.
The “reception” is that people have spent more time playing the game than any other first player game on the year.

I’m not the one trying to “splain away” anything.

As always. Y’all attack facts and numbers with your opinions :smh:

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Not sure why this matters so much to you. Each platform has its most popular games. Starfiled is the only single player game on ANY of those lists.

Mod support isn’t even out yet.

Game is gonna get another big boost and yall gone have to jewelz even harder to hate on it :wow:
except no.

The main issues people have with the game cannot be modded out. It's been gone over. They are fundamental engine issues. A primary core of the modders that have kept Skyrim/Fallout alive all these years tapped on Starfield ALREADY.

The Creation Kit cannot fix the mass loading screens, cannot stitch together the plots to make an explorable planet and cannot allow you to actually... explore in the space exploration game. The core loot distribution is broken, the character progression cannot be overhauled in the way they could in Skyrim and the base-level mechanics of the way the game was designed are more closed off and less modder-accessible than any other BGS game has been.

And this is visible before the CK comes out.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Again.

Also... its Juelzing. Juelz. Not Jewelz. Much like it's not Stan's.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
except no.

The main issues people have with the game cannot be modded out. It's been gone over. They are fundamental engine issues. A primary core of the modders that have kept Skyrim/Fallout alive all these years tapped on Starfield ALREADY.

The Creation Kit cannot fix the mass loading screens, cannot stitch together the plots to make an explorable planet and cannot allow you to actually... explore in the space exploration game. The core loot distribution is broken, the character progression cannot be overhauled in the way they could in Skyrim and the base-level mechanics of the way the game was designed are more closed off and less modder-accessible than any other BGS game has been.

And this is visible before the CK comes out.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Again.

Also... it’s Juelzing. Juelz. Not Jewelz. Much like it's not Stan's.
The hate coursing through your veins is palpable :noah:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
thread title (and spelling) isn't accurate, because the top ten lists were for all three consoles, and Nintendo's list included several single player games. this is only a comparison of Xbox and Playstation's lists

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The 11th best selling game of the year makes the list as a single player game yet Hogwarts Legacy (#1) and Spider-Man 2 (#4) games that sold better didn’t make the list.

Only one of those 3 games made it to a subscription service at no extra charge. It also happens to be the only on to have made that list. I don’t doubt millions more people played Starfield because they didn’t have to buy it but this is like comparing the collective watch time of people that bought tickets to a movie only at the theater on release to that number with a movie on Peacock and in theaters the same day.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The 11th best selling game of the year makes the list as a single player game yet Hogwarts Legacy (#1) and Spider-Man 2 (#4) games that sold better didn’t make the list.

Only one of those 3 games made it to a subscription service at no extra charge. It also happens to be the only on to have made that list. I don’t doubt millions more people played Starfield because they didn’t have to buy it but this is like comparing the collective watch time of people that bought tickets to a movie only at the theater on release to that number with a movie on Peacock and in theaters the same day.
So you’re saying subscription models encourage people to play games?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
you’re saying subscription models encourage people to play games?
Yes to the point they may play games they normally wouldn’t even buy. The monetization of that model is another story.

I listen to artist today like The Struts and Bleachers that I would have never listened to without Spotify. The Sturts are my most listened to artist in the past few years by far.
IMG-3580.png

I also haven’t spent a single dime on any of their music. They get paid whatever Spotify pays them.

Put Baldur's Gate 3 on Game Pass and it probably doubles its player count. It probably also makes substantially less money for the developer. It’s on the developer and publisher to weigh that out and balance it. Many opt to skip the subscription service until the game is dead. Comparing play time of a hyped game on a sub service vs one that isn’t really doing much.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Even the FO3 -> FO4 -> FO76 regression got me shook :sadcam: Can’t even say let Obsidian have it because their shyt hasn’t hit like FONV either
yall really hate on FO4 and i dunno why. That game was still good and still gets some play from me today

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yall really hate on FO4 and i dunno why. That game was still good and still gets some play from me today
Talk to me, not yall. I never said I hated it. I don’t like it as much as the two games before it, but it’s solid. I was speaking to the trend of BGS games

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes to the point they may play games they normally wouldn’t even buy. The monetization of that model is another story.

I listen to artist today like The Struts and Bleachers that I would have never listened to without Spotify. The Sturts are my most listened to artist in the past few years by far.
IMG-3580.png

I also haven’t spent a single dime on any of their music. They get paid whatever Spotify pays them.

Put Baldur's Gate 3 on Game Pass and it probably doubles its player count. It probably also makes substantially less money for the developer. It’s on the developer and publisher to weigh that out and balance it. Many opt to skip the subscription service until the game is dead. Comparing play time of a hyped game on a sub service vs one that isn’t really doing much.
So does sony giving spider-man 2 away for free with every console sold make people play more spider-man?? :lupe:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I like Fallout 4, it’s the only series BGS still makes that i care about. It’s just simply not a huge step up from 3 and new vegas, and in a lot of ways a regression

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So does sony giving spider-man 2 away for free with every console sold make people play more spider-man?? :lupe:
If you had to buy a new PS5 to get it then you had to pay a fair amount. I have a PS5 and I don’t have a copy of Spider-Man 2. Also have an Xbox Series X and got access to Starfield easily. If you wanna pretend like spending $500 is the same as spending like $11 or so be my guest but you aren’t fooling anyone but yourself.

What was Hogwarts which also didn’t make that list given away with btw?