Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its too bad they couldnt use any of Finn's backstory from the novel in the movie. Wouldve went a long way in fleshing out why he wanted to leave the FO instead of just an exposition dump to Rey in that bar and shown how impressive of a soldier he was.

this lets me know a lot of yall complaining havent watched the movie.....all the shyt you and others asking for was mentioned in the movie....when kylo asks about him, they go through his folder and capt phasma talks about him just getting tranferred to her unit, that there hasnt been an discipline issues with him, and that he's been showing promise....but i know, since they didnt spend 30 mins going over finn, means it didnt happen, smh.....

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
the movie is not that good period. It's not as bad as the prequels, but that is not a high bat to meet.

this is in no way as good as guardians of the galaxy or Mad Max.
It's way better than Guardians and slightly better than MM.

Off topic but when are we gonna stop overrating the fukk out of Guardians man:russ:

It was a good movie that people had virtually 0 expectations for. That's it.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
the only thing that's valid in this list is #9, the capt phasma thing...i've said that's the only thing that was disappointing about the film to me...something i hope they address next movie, think she's gonna take hux spot when kylo takes snoke's spot...

as for the rest of that list: it's bullshyt....it's people nitpicking and trying to find shyt to bytch/complain about, just like muthafukkas in this thread....seriously, muthafukkas upset the movie ended the way it did? what were they expecting, this is the 1st in a trilogy....so of course it's gonna end on a cliff hanger....as long as we got a complete movie (which we did) it's cool.....

...it's just another example showing how fukked up society is.....society is so fukked up that people dont wanna enjoy shyt...that they gotta find something to complain about.....damn shame...

I think if this was just considered a "pretty good or very good movie" :ehh:

A lot of the "hate" would go away. But when its got 95% on RT, 8.8 on IMDB, people on twitter proclaiming this one the GOAT films..

some people say, nah breh :whoa:

In a lot of ways this reminds me of the hype when The Dark Knight came out. While I dont think thats a perfect film (not too many are) either, I could certainly understand the hype towards that than this.

Its been a lot of Superhero/Space Adventures movies that's come out recently that I thought was just as good :manny:....and those movies get shytted on constantly. So I don't see anything wrong with wanting to offer critical analysis of this.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
THANK YOU BREH! i was just arguing in another thread.

They were telling me that "ANH works better as a stand alone movie cuz every thing is wrapped up"

Im like :dahelll: breh, vader still alive, emperor still alive, and luke aint even a jedi :martin:

those are just side points in ANH. The main story is that the Empire is trying to wipe.out the rebellion. That's established in the first scene. The empire is chasing Luke because he is connected to droids that can help the rebellion fight back.

at the end the droid gives the information rebellion, and they defend themselves against the empires attack.

in TFA, the first scene establishes that New Order is looking for Luke Skywalker, and the droid plot device is used again except it has information for to.find luke. Rey gets chased by the empire because she is connected to the droid. then all this mystery is setup around Luke. Then the movie turned this entire main plot into some side quest, and nothing is resolved. nothing that is established in the first scene is resolved! Who is the old man? Why does the New Order need Luke? Why is he missing? Who.is Rey?

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
It's way better than Guardians and slightly better than MM.

Off topic but when are we gonna stop overrating the fukk out of Guardians man:russ:

It was a good movie that people had virtually 0 expectations for. That's it.

I don't agree with that at all. This movie is 6-7 outta 10.

guardians was 8/10.and mad max was 9/10.

I had to defend Man of Steel from dozens of haters online, which I thought was a great turn-off-your-brain film.

TFA is just another dumbed down action flick reboot, yet it's getting hyped up as the second coming. I think people are on a star wars high, and when it wears off, the reality of this movie is going to hit people like a bad hang over.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
People complaining in this thread probably don't even fukk with Star Wars like that. Super annoying

I grew up on star wars, had a bunch of 80s sw toys. One my all time favorite games is Tie Fighter. I even like revenge of the Sith. I still think TFA was overrated, and I honestly don't like the film.

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this lets me know a lot of yall complaining havent watched the movie.....all the shyt you and others asking for was mentioned in the movie....when kylo asks about him, they go through his folder and capt phasma talks about him just getting tranferred to her unit, that there hasnt been an discipline issues with him, and that he's been showing promise....but i know, since they didnt spend 30 mins going over finn, means it didnt happen, smh.....
Nah, I know this. Thats why I talked about the exposition dialogue. It wouldve been better if we could have actually seen the stuff written in the book instead of having Phasma or Finn talking about it.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think if this was just considered a "pretty good or very good movie" :ehh:

A lot of the "hate" would go away. But when its got 95% on RT, 8.8 on IMDB, people on twitter proclaiming this one the GOAT films..

some people say, nah breh :whoa:

In a lot of ways this reminds me of the hype when The Dark Knight came out. While I dont think thats a perfect film (not too many are) either, I could certainly understand the hype towards that than this.

Its been a lot of Superhero/Space Adventures movies that's come out recently that I thought was just as good :manny:....and those movies get shytted on constantly. So I don't see anything wrong with wanting to offer critical analysis of this.

and you dont see how that's an issue?... why do those people feel it's their job/duty to tell others how to feel about something?...it's all opinion, how someone else feels about something shouldnt determine how you feel about it....it's ok if our opinions differ......but the thing to me that gets me to say society is fukked up is cause: while we see people in society try to be contrarians just to try to look different (which is stupid too), it's mostly when others like something that those people feel the need to be extra vocal and knock something....instead of just enjoying something for what it is, those people are quick to say what it isnt....and that's fukking stupid to me.....

Daps
Reppin
NYC
the only thing that's valid in this list is #9, the capt phasma thing...i've said that's the only thing that was disappointing about the film to me...something i hope they address next movie, think she's gonna take hux spot when kylo takes snoke's spot...

as for the rest of that list: it's bullshyt....it's people nitpicking and trying to find shyt to bytch/complain about, just like muthafukkas in this thread....seriously, muthafukkas upset the movie ended the way it did? what were they expecting, this is the 1st in a trilogy....so of course it's gonna end on a cliff hanger....as long as we got a complete movie (which we did) it's cool.....

...it's just another example showing how fukked up society is.....society is so fukked up that people dont wanna enjoy shyt...that they gotta find something to complain about.....damn shame...

bro it's not that deep. some people just hold this franchise to a higher standard and expect more. i thought those points were completely valid. the score WASN'T great compared to rest of the series, the relationship between han and kylo WAS underdeveloped, snoke DOES look terrible, there WAS unnecessary fan service, it DID feel like a second rate version of a better star wars movie at times.

the expectations for some of us were just really, really high. we can't help it, look at what movies we are measuring it against.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
where In the movie, not some book, does Finn's elite achievement in the New Order get showcased. People get their assignments in the military based on their ASVAB test. The best and Brightest recruits aren't put in sanitation. My friend scored high and he was assigned to nuclear engineering.
The book IS canon. You can't dispute it and deny the facts of how elite FN-2187 was. You don't know how the FO operates and what they delegate their troopers to do. Finn may have even been placed there because of his actions during training simulations, despite him being on of their best.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This is proof positive as to how much these so-called "conscious", "HOTEP" nikkaz are still living with a slave mentality. Y'all begging for a black superhero in STAR WARS??? STAR WARS??? We got more pressing and serious social issues going on in real life and you are angry over your OWN mislead expectation? Meanwhile, the dude that plays POE is Hispanic and got the least screen time in the entire film and ain't heard a bytch-fest from not one person from the Spanish community. Y'all wanting a black Jedi as if there's never been on in Star Wars lore.... freakin' cry babies. Trying to force some "deeper" meaning as if there's racist intent to his role or some subliminal bullshyt that is only made up in your own insecure minds.

My people are SO insecure. SO conditioned to post traumatic slave disorder that they'll cannot just sit and enjoy any more with a black lead without overly scrutinizing. White people don't ever have to sit and feel that insecure and protective of THEIR image and can freely have an array of characters from the scumbag to the hero. Everything Finn is, Han Solo 40 years ago WAS in A New Hope. And Han was worst.

For real, stop bytching about this film or this character in the film and focus on REAL problems we are facing against these devils.
I was going to say this but it felt wrong for me to, people aren't watching this new star wars film thinking "LOL Finn is a cowardly garbage man with jokes, just like all black people are cowardly!"

Finn is not representative of the black race as a whole, some dudes are acting like JJ sat down and wrote the character that way with some sick racist agenda underlying everything