Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, I know this. Thats why I talked about the exposition dialogue. It wouldve been better if we could have actually seen the stuff written in the book instead of having Phasma or Finn talking about it.

the movie can only be so long....not only that, it's the first movie, they still have time to show why he was showing promise in flashbacks, they dont have to go into detail about everything in the 1st movie of a trilogy...

side note: i bet the same ones saying they didnt go into enough detail would be complaining they went into too much detail if they did....it's the same shyt you see when trailers are released....teaser trailers: 'this trailer didnt show enough, they shouldve shown more'...full trailer that shows more: 'the trailer showed too much, it showed the whole movie, no need to see the movie now'...smh....people complaining just to complain...

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
I was going to say this but it felt wrong for me to, people aren't watching this new star wars film thinking "LOL Finn is a cowardly garbage man with jokes, just like all black people are cowardly!"

Finn is not representative of the black race as a whole, some dudes are acting like JJ sat down and wrote the character that way with some sick racist agenda underlying everything

then why does it feel that way? Black characters always get dogged out in these big tent movies except for independence day. Finns treatment was among some of the worst I have recently seen.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
those are just side points in ANH. The main story is that the Empire is trying to wipe.out the rebellion. That's established in the first scene. The empire is chasing Luke because he is connected to droids that can help the rebellion fight back.

at the end the droid gives the information rebellion, and they defend themselves against the empires attack.

in TFA, the first scene establishes that New Order is looking for Luke Skywalker, and the droid plot device is used again except it has information for to.find luke. Rey gets chased by the empire because she is connected to the droid. then all this mystery is setup around Luke. Then the movie turned this entire main plot into some side quest, and nothing is resolved. nothing that is established in the first scene is resolved! Who is the old man? Why does the New Order need Luke? Why is he missing? Who.is Rey?

Snoke literally says they need to destroy Luke so the Jedi Order can't rise again. Han says Luke vanished because of the Jedi Academy attack. Rey is heavily hinted to be a Skywalker.

Were you paying attention at all? :mindblown:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bro it's not that deep. some people just hold this franchise to a higher standard and expect more. i thought those points were completely valid. the score WASN'T great compared to rest of the series, the relationship between han and kylo WAS underdeveloped, snoke DOES look terrible, there WAS unnecessary fan service, it DID feel like a second rate version of a better star wars movie at times.

the expectations for some of us were just really, really high. we can't help it, look at what movies we are measuring it against.

you'd have a point if we didnt see the same shyt about everything else...look in any thread about anything (movies, video games, music, athletes, etc.) you see the same shyt...and it just shows a lot of society aint shyt...some people just wanna be unhappy, and if others are happy/enjoy something, then those unhappy people need to express why the happy people shouldnt be.....it's fukking stupid...

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I don't agree with that at all. This movie is 6-7 outta 10.

guardians was 8/10.and mad max was 9/10.

I had to defend Man of Steel from dozens of haters online, which I thought was a great turn-off-your-brain film.

TFA is just another dumbed down action flick reboot, yet it's getting hyped up as the second coming. I think people are on a star wars high, and when it wears off, the reality of this movie is going to hit people like a bad hang over.
Call A movie dumbed down and think another movie is better when in the latter movie the climax was decided by a dance off brehs :francis:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't have a problem with how you feel about something.

I don't like all the rude PMs, rep comments, being called a hater, and all the attacks that I am getting because I personally think movie is trash.

dont think people should be doing that either

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
those are just side points in ANH. The main story is that the Empire is trying to wipe.out the rebellion. That's established in the first scene. The empire is chasing Luke because he is connected to droids that can help the rebellion fight back.

at the end the droid gives the information rebellion, and they defend themselves against the empires attack.

in TFA, the first scene establishes that New Order is looking for Luke Skywalker, and the droid plot device is used again except it has information for to.find luke. Rey gets chased by the empire because she is connected to the droid. then all this mystery is setup around Luke. Then the movie turned this entire main plot into some side quest, and nothing is resolved. nothing that is established in the first scene is resolved! Who is the old man? Why does the New Order need Luke? Why is he missing? Who.is Rey?

Its almost like you didnt even see the movie.

The First Order is looking for Luke because as long as there is a Jedi alive out there they feel as though there is a major threat to them regaining power of the galaxy. They want to kill him. Kylo is said to have a lot of Vader inside him just as Luke did, but he has a lot of anger. He connects more with Vader than his parents and he wants to rule the galaxy.

Luke is missing because after Kylo turned to the dark side and ruined his effort to create a new Jedi order he feels as though maybe he shouldnt have tried to keep this ancient religion alive. He is supposed to bring balance to the galaxy but he just trained and unleashed a new Sith, and that Sith is his nephew.

The old man is not important just like the rebels who stole the Death Star plans are never addressed in the original movie.

How can you say nothing is resolved when they actually do find Luke at the end?

Last edited:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
the movie can only be so long....not only that, it's the first movie, they still have time to show why he was showing promise in flashbacks, they dont have to go into detail about everything in the 1st movie of a trilogy...

side note: i bet the same ones saying they didnt go into enough detail would be complaining they went into too much detail if they did....it's the same shyt you see when trailers are released....teaser trailers: 'this trailer didnt show enough, they shouldve shown more'...full trailer that shows more: 'the trailer showed too much, it showed the whole movie, no need to see the movie now'...smh....people complaining just to complain...
That's what I said, to flesh everything out this movie would've easily been 3+ hours then everyone would complain about how long it was

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what I said, to flesh everything out this movie would've easily been 3+ hours then everyone would complain about how long it was

basically......at this point, i'm done....came in here to talk about the movie, but all i'm seeing is people complaining (difference between that and critiquing) about shyt.....i might check out this thread in a month or so....yall can have it...have a good one...

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
then why does it feel that way? Black characters always get dogged out in these big tent movies except for independence day. Finns treatment was among some of the worst I have recently seen.
But he was the main reason the good guys won!!! Jesus Christ man

He saved Poe
He got the map to leia
He came up with the plan to save Rey/ Destroy the star killer
And he hurt a young sith