Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was just brehs here who had a problem with Finn. Surprised people on IMDB do :patrice:

Well then again maybe I shouldn't be :skip:
To address that 1st post. The answer to that is an emphatic NO. The storm troopers are NOT socially awkward at all. We see this in the clone wars cartoons. So Finn can fit in just fine.

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
I chalk that second portion up to conviently forgetting some powers exist. I mean even in ESB Vader could have immediately went for a force choke on Luke in their battle. Honestly no Jedi/Sith should start a fight without going for force choke or weapon pull first. I'd only actually duel if those first two methods fail.
Vader wasn't trying to kill Luke then

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
coming in here blind as im watching the film tomorrow

isit worth paying extra to watch in 3d?

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes the book is canon, its the novel version of the movie. In the books during training simulations he goes out of his way to save his comrades when they fall behind and still manages to complete the objectives. He gets credit for basically completing missions while making them harder on himself but Phasma doesnt like it because she considers any trooper that falls behind weak and they should be left to die. Explains why he basically quits when he sees his friends dying in real life.

Since he was one of the more talented cadets it also shows why other troopers are especially pissed at him leaving.
Gonna cop that book in a little. Finn felt more interesting than Rey plus the actor was better. Looking forward to him in the future films

BillyOcean

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I chalk that second portion up to conviently forgetting some powers exist. I mean even in ESB Vader could have immediately went for a force choke on Luke in their battle. Honestly no Jedi/Sith should start a fight without going for force choke or weapon pull first. I'd only actually duel if those first two methods fail.

You see how you are making excuses for the some of the holes? Trust me, more will be pointed out and the excuses will add up.

TFA is a good Stars Wars movies but it has a few problems. Episode VIII may address some of them - Rey being Luke's daughter or having prior Force training for instance - but ANH nor ESB needed another movie address/clean up holes.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Vader wasn't trying to kill Luke then

That doenst mean he couldnt hit him with force choke to incapacitate him and discard his weapon. You see how easily Vader was hitting him with flying debris once the window was knocked out. Luke really didnt have much control over the force at that point. He coulda easily hit Luke with force choke, took his light saber, then pushed him into that hole to be frozen.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Based on what?:what:, so now Rey suddenly isn't going to be trained by Luke?, fact is, they pigeonholed themselves here with the sloppy writing and desperation to give the female character the big moment in the first installment.

Rey can easily get too cocky and get that work from a pissed off, non injured and fully trained Kylo Ren. And we have no idea how the training with Luke will work, they can easily end up like Luke and Yoda on ESB were Rey thinks she's ready when she's actually not and then gets beat by a more focused opponent.

Not saying that's gonna happen. But to act like everything is lost because they made Rey too OP and beat Kylo in the first movie is going overboard.

Specially because given the possible stories and connections between all the characters, a final showdown on Episode IX, were Rey has learned from her mistakes and Kylo has completely fallen to the Dark Side (and are 1-1 in their encounters) would make sense.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
No, it’s more like he’s combat arms and he had occasional cleaning duties. It’s fairly clear that this is the case because the sanitation line is mentioned only once.

And nah, you don't bring non-combat arms like janitors for critical missions. In fact you bring only the best because you want to minimize the amount of damage that can be done by allies who aren't properly trained.
nikkas are being so hateful to Finn that they are arguing that militaries take janitors on Combat missions :scust:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
You see how you are making excuses for the some of the holes? Trust me, more will be pointed out and the excuses will add up.

TFA is a good Stars Wars movies but it has a few problems. Episode VIII may address some of them - Rey being Luke's daughter or having prior Force training for instance - but ANH nor ESB needed another movie address/clean up holes.

Have you seen ANH recently? Its chock full of cliffhangers that werent addressed until ESB. Since you know how everything plays out you overlook them now but if you only saw that movie you would have just as many questions as we do about this movie. I dont think its an issue of holes, its that this is part 1 of a 3 part story and you want answers now to things that will be addressed in parts 2 and 3.

Going back to the Jedi power issue, in ANH if Vader wanted to keep Luke, Han, and Leia from escaping on the Falcon after his duel with Obi Wan Kenobi why didnt he just force choke Han? He could have choked Luke in ESB and skipped this long ass unsuccessful duel. He could have snatched the saber out his hands like he did with Han's blaster. He could have choked Luke while he was making the bombing run on the Death Star. So like i said there are plenty of instances in these movies where force powers are conveniently not used when they would have solved damn near every problem.

Last edited: