Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Agrees with his entire premise. She was just too perfect while Finn was just a aweful character overall. Nothing was bad ass or masculine about him at all and that was the point. The lead male and female had NO on screen chemistry at all, while Abrams had Spock and Uhura slobbering down each other throats but that was the point. Luke was a fukk-up in the first movies as well BUT he redeems himself at the end by destroying the Desth Star. Abrams COULD have had Finn defeat Kylo or HELP defeat Kylo when she was in need but noooo he didnt want to have the black sambo character have ANY redeeming qualitites AND THAT WAS THE POINT. :scusthov:

Finn has no redeeming qualities but without him the entire film doesn't happen and the assault on Starkiller Base fails miserably because they have no internal knowledge of the base and Rey prolly get offed just like Han.

People seem to forget Han at the end of Epi 4 and the beginning of Epi 5 is breaking his neck to get the fukk away from the fight but keeps getting pulled in because of Leia...

BUT THAT DOESN'T SOUND FAMILIAR AT AL! :troll:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Nah, we see glimpses of Rey's potential when she mind-tricked that storm trooper by getting her free and grabbed Luke's saber from the distance over Kylo. We saw how powerful she could really be.

What he DIDNT see was Finn's potential. He was just a mockery in itself. Nothing about him being force-sensitive, no redeeming qualities about him, nothing about him WILLING to learn ANYTHING. We all know that Obi-Wan would take Luke under his wing and train him to be a force to be reckon with. He would ultimately defeat the "ultimate evil" within the movies. We didn't see that with Finn at all. Not even when Omar Issac's character was introduced and he would've been the next Obi-Wan and Finn as the next Luke. BUt It's obvious that they are making Rey be the next Luke and defeat the ultimate evil and have Finn as the sidekick.

This is why the racist bloggers and fans weren't as angry as they were BEFORE the movie came out. They were so afraid that humanity's fate would rest with a strong black male in the future. They were SO relieved when he turned out to be just a joke character and a racist caricature in itself. I didn't trust JJ Abram's handling of black male characters at all. Only with Philip Broyles did we see it, but his movies were atrocious in that regard.

Can't disagree there.

But I will say that despite some of the silly things they did with Finn. Boyega made that role much better than it was written on paper.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Nah, we see glimpses of Rey's potential when she mind-tricked that storm trooper by getting her free and grabbed Luke's saber from the distance over Kylo. We saw how powerful she could really be.

What he DIDNT see was Finn's potential. He was just a mockery in itself. Nothing about him being force-sensitive, no redeeming qualities about him, nothing about him WILLING to learn ANYTHING. We all know that Obi-Wan would take Luke under his wing and train him to be a force to be reckon with. He would ultimately defeat the "ultimate evil" within the movies. We didn't see that with Finn at all. Not even when Omar Issac's character was introduced and he would've been the next Obi-Wan and Finn as the next Luke. BUt It's obvious that they are making Rey be the next Luke and defeat the ultimate evil and have Finn as the sidekick.

This is why the racist bloggers and fans weren't as angry as they were BEFORE the movie came out. They were so afraid that humanity's fate would rest with a strong black male in the future. They were SO relieved when he turned out to be just a joke character and a racist caricature in itself. I didn't trust JJ Abram's handling of black male characters at all. Only with Philip Broyles did we see it, but his movies were atrocious in that regard.

We didnt see that he was the first storm trooper to resist the brain washing and escape from TFO?

We didnt see that he was the first person to fight with a light saber without being jedi trained/using the force?

We didnt see Kylo Ren stop in his tracks and take note of him in that massacre?

He wasnt the one to provide the information needed to blow up that base?

Exactly what made Finn a racist caricature? Cause he had some comedic value, just like damn near every other character in the movie?

Just because Finn isnt the main Jedi doesnt mean his character is useless. I think you have trained yourself to think that its either Jedi or nothing as far as characters go in Star Wars. There is definitely something special with him, dont assume to know his arc when you have only seen one part of a three part story.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:what: Fin's character isn't some pseudo racial mockery. He's a Stormtrooper born and bred for murder. There's no way this early on he is realizing that he could be a Jedi. Nothing has happened to lead that on besides the use of the lightsaber. Rey at least had the saber scene and her resistance to Ren (alongside reading his mind) to pave the way.

I said it before Fin fits at new Solo CURRENTLY but there's no other Jedi capable character to fill in the secondary role unless a new person is introduced in 8.

As I've said before..

it would have added to his character if he actually was involved with killing people before. If he was truly a bad guy (or at least bred that way) and had the mindset to change.

And naw I don't see him as Solo. Thats Poe.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

R2D2 waking up when she arrives at the Rebel base almost confirms that she's a Skywalker for me. BB8 had his part of the map so why didn't R2 wake up until the end? He woke up when Rey showed up to give her the directions to find her father:wow:

It also makes sense that Ben Solo protected little Rey from the KoR during the academy attack. He probably killed the rest of the KoR to protect Rey's identity which is why he's struggling with the Light side of the force...

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
As I've said before..

it would have added to his character if he actually was involved with killing people before. If he was truly a bad guy (or at least bred that way) and had the mindset to change.

Poe is fukking wedge...he is a nobody..gtfoh

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
As I've said before..

I think Poe was too background to be Han. Missing for a good chunk of the film. He did have the slick talk at the start with Kylo though and jacket to match. In my eyes I see him as Wedge more so than any other character.

EDIT: @Ed MOTHERfukkING G beat me to it.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I seriously love how a good half of people posting about Rey in here seem to forget that Kylo was straight up fighting with a fukking hole in his abdomen. And not just any hole, he was shot with what we have been shown as one of the strongest blasters in the story. The shyt was blowing stormtroopers off their feet, and it barely slumped Kylo.

Then he proceeds to fight one physically adept (possibly force sensitive) dude and basically a Force Savant.

But Rey is a girl so :ufdup: JJ...:russ: people in this bytch talking like this was mediclorians or any of the absurd bullshyt that Kid Anakin did in Epi 1.

FOH.

Saw this and found it interesting.

The visual directory says Kylo has some sort of thick cloth armour under his rob (I'm thinking kevlar-ish?) - not that that should stop a blaster shot. Also, it didn't look like a direct hit. It looked like a hit to a muscly thigh area.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Poe is fukking wedge...he is a nobody..gtfoh

I think Poe was too background to be Han. Missing for a good chunk of the film. He did have the slick talk at the start with Kylo though and jacket to match. In my eyes I see him as Wedge more so than any other character.

EDIT: @Ed MOTHERfukkING G beat me to it.

Follow the clues brehs.

Poe is the one that had the persona and charisma of a Han early in the movie. Once he's removed...

The real Han shows up.

Poe finally comes back. Han is killed.

We're going to see much more of Poe in the the next movie(s).
Finn is something different and new added to the franchise. Should be handled better by Rian Johnson.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Follow the clues brehs.

Poe is the one that had the persona and charisma of a Han early in the movie. Once he's removed...

The real Han shows up.

Poe finally comes back. Han is killed.

Finn is something different and new added to the franchise. Should be handled better by Rian Johnson.

You have a point breh I just don't see it yet. Fin acts moreso like Han than Poe due to screen time possibly. Going to depths with the woman, large spiderweb of lies to keep himself outta trouble, having something after him for capture.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
You have a point breh I just don't see it yet. Fin acts moreso like Han than Poe due to screen time possibly. Going to depths with the woman, large spiderweb of lies to keep himself outta trouble, having something after him for capture.
We'll see more of Poe in the next one.

Lets not do this to ourselves again though brehs. There was a large segment of us @Rainman that had hopes Fin was going to be the lead Jedi....now we're saying well he's the next Han...

Nah. Thats not going to be it imo. Finn is just going to be his own thing and lets hope as that character becomes stronger he becomes better.

imho

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also, star wars family dynamics is some jerry springer shyt. everyone related to everyone. everyone fukking and abandoning their kids. we have abandoned kids, cousins kissing etc. wont be surprised if finn is han solo or lukes son from an interracial afffair or some shyt.:heh:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Poe is definitely more solo than Finn. Maybe for Finn was an ace pilot I could get down with that but that's poe. Finn is the most original character in the movie. He's got some traits of early Han. Like when he tries to leave Rey and Han to handle shyt just like Han tried to ditch Luke. But other than that he's a brand new character