Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Kylo Ren was much more gangsta with the mask on....started the movie off slicing old dude up like thanksgiving turkey :wow: stopping blaster bullets in mid air with the force while he choked out nikkas :wow:

Took the mask off and looked like an angry college kid with daddy issues

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
tumblr_nzl2ko8cwR1r300nio1_540.gif

:russgroot:

I am Groot...

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
It get this but they set dude up in the beginning of the film to be "that nicca" already. I assume we all thought dude was fully trained and was ready for that true villain role but as sh*t progressed he's trash and its really a facade. They went backwards with his character and it takes the intrigue out of it for me. He kills Han:comeon:. I don't know. He reminds me of The Mandarin in Iron Man 3- a joke. Started with a spark but now he's just garbage. But I digress
but that was the point :mindblown: he was a wannabe Vader stan and got clapped up because he wasnt 100% with the dark side yet,

now that Han is dead he's gonna be a beast after training

aint no "assumed he was already trained"

Snoke deaded that shyt the second he said he had to pass a test

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
My only knock on the movie is that despite them declaring the books no longer being canon, they borrowed HEAVILY from them. That's why I wasn't surprised to hear that Kylo is Han and Leia's son. And don't be surprised when you find out Rey is his sister. This shyt is Jacen and Jaina without their little brother Anakin but with different names. In the EU, one of Luke's first students was influenced by the dark side and built a crudely put together lightsaber, another one that was powerful as fukk that felt he was more powerful than Luke and went to Vader's funeral pyre for guidance in the Force, and killed billions of people before redeeming himself, and HAD A NEPHEW THAT TURNED TO THE DARK SIDE. Mark my words, Rey (Jaina) will be the one to redeem and or take down Kylo, while Luke deals with Snoke.

That's why the movie was a bit underwhelming to me. This saga has already happened but with different characters. There will be some twists to switch the game up though.

It wouldn't make sense for her to be Kylo's sister. I don't see Leia and Han leaving their daughter out there alone. Even if there was some mysterious reason for it, when Han and Leia met up with Rey they would have been much more tender and loving with her. I think they switched it up and Rey is Luke's daughter. Rey and Kylo are cousins. Luke left after Kylo went dark. Maybe he didn't want Snoke getting his hands on Rey (because of her abilities) like he got his hands on Kylo, so he left her by herself. Probably still had friends watching her from afar without her knowing. I also think that's why they didn't show Luke and Rey having a conversation because it would give it away. Check how Luke looked at her when he first saw her vs. how Han looked at her when he first saw her. Luke's her father.

Last edited:

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
How did Ben come into contact with Snoke?

Also is there any site mentioning any content in the novel?
I totally forgot about the novelization. I didn't think there was one cuz traditionally, they were released before the movies, (at least the OT) and they wanted to keep a tight lid on this one, so I didn't think a novelization was out yet.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Nah, Luke would son him with a quickness. Snoke though :lupe:
Snoke (Plageuis) isn't making it out of Episode 8 after Kylo destroys him and finds out some sort of dark side ability from him (maybe related to manipulating midi-chlorians), along with realising his Vader without suit potential :sas2:

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
rey saved her self and honestly with how they built up her character in the movie i wouldnt have been surprised if she stole a tie fighter and flew out and blew up the starkiller by herself (exaggerating on the one but you get the jist)

all the marketing they did made it seem like we were getting a lead black jedi, we didnt, people being mad at the pump fake is understandable. thats half of the reason why all those racists were mad, they werent trying to see two hours of a black guy being the next luke

like i said, the sanitation worker has room for growth, we'll see how they handle the character in episode 8. im honestly betting the first thing he does when he wakes up is ask where rey is and hopefully the majority of the movie his character isnt spent on concern for her

I don't remember them marketing Boyega as the main character. I just remember a bunch of insecure racists creating the headlines by blowing up over the fact that a black kid got cast in their precious film series. The studios weren't doing anything. It was the neckbeards online drawing so much attention to it. First of all, there were three characters, Poe, Rey and Finn, so before going into the movie, you could have thought Poe was the next Luke. They had no clue. They just didn't want the nikka in the movie at all. They calmed down and shut up because the movie smashed records and is better than the prequels. Yea, he's not the next Luke. But he's probably gonna end up being the 2nd most important guy behind Rey. Do you think racists want to see some black dude getting all that screen time? And Finn and Rey will likely fall in love or whatever. You think racists want to see some black kid kissing on some white chick in their precious Star Wars? No. They're still mad but, they'll have to deal because nobody's gonna stop watching Star Wars. They're pushing Rey to be like a Star Wars' version of Katniss. But Kylo and Finn will play major parts in the series.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
This weirdo got a Vader shrine in his closet like Helga Pataki and you dudes were straight up ignoring the signs that he was immature and unstable as hell

dude was throwing temper tantrums on the computer monitors like a typical emo teen

only two bodies he caught were both old ass men who didnt even fight back

Rey was the only boring one who didnt have any noticeable flaws and was pretty much the same way for the entire film outside of that lil moment she had after touching the lightsaber

looking at how much flack the Finn and Kylo characters are getting it seems like people have problems with characters that are "human" and have flaws, yall want a movie full of Billy badasses or somethin, both of those characters were very realistic in how they had mixed feelings about shyt

somebody really said Kylo losing was like Tyson losing a fight :mjlol: based on what? stopping the bolt was the ONLY legit impressive thing he did, Rey blocked his mind reading with pure raw power, I dont recall ANYONE saying he went toe to toe with Luke so idk why nikkas expected his lightsaber skills to be on the level of Vader/Obi-wan/RoTS Annakin. yall forget how those basic ass storm troopers bodied all those jedi when Order 66 dropped? That shyt was laughable :mjlol: just cuz you in the NBA don't atuomatically mean you in the top 10 brehs...

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
for those that approve where they took the story, i really need you to try and sell me on that because that is still the biggest thing preventing me from fully embracing this movie.

tell me why you thought robbing luke, han and leia of their happy ending was a good idea.

all opinions welcome.

"robbing them for their happy ending".... I presume you mean from the end of Return of the Jedi. The main reason is life itself isn't filled with complete happy endings. And if this saga to continue, you have to presume just killing off the Emperor and destroying a 2nd death star isn't enough to REALLY overthrow the regime. It makes sense, given how REAL LIFE history have shown, toppling one regime only would create another.

To me, the force was never balanced after killing off the Sith. The force must have BOTH a dark side and a light side. The dark side will inevitably reemerge. And thus here we are now.