Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
He was dope as hell to me :yeshrug:

Look no further than Vader, with the way he was talked about you'd never guess Obi Wan left him as a smore roasting at the edge of a volcano. Seems like Sith gotta get their shyt handed to them at some point to reach their full potential. And make no mistake, he could have killed Rey but was too busy trying to talk her into joining him.
I get that.. But Kylo Ren was the established villain for two-thirds of the movie but at the end he's Padawan status.. In the prequels Anakin was in training but you still had Doku ,Darth Sidieous, and such as the villains. I'm more or less getting at the writing of his character and the storyline of the films. Yes a guy can get his ass beat in a movie and come back and kick azz in part two ala Rocky. But in this case sh*t was out of wack for me especially if this is the guy to fear for at least two more movies

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
rey saved her self and honestly with how they built up her character in the movie i wouldnt have been surprised if she stole a tie fighter and flew out and blew up the starkiller by herself (exaggerating on the one but you get the jist)

all the marketing they did made it seem like we were getting a lead black jedi, we didnt, people being mad at the pump fake is understandable. thats half of the reason why all those racists were mad, they werent trying to see two hours of a black guy being the next luke

like i said, the sanitation worker has room for growth, we'll see how they handle the character in episode 8. im honestly betting the first thing he does when he wakes up is ask where rey is and hopefully the majority of the movie his character isnt spent on concern for her

The movie is centered around the empire finding Luke to kill him. Everything in the movie has to center around someone becoming more powerful then Luke and an attempt to make this person Snokes new Doja.

The only other subplot in the film is the resistance taking on the empire and forming a new republic.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I get that.. But Kylo Ren was the established villain for two-thirds of the movie but at the end he's Padawan status.. In the prequels Anakin was in training but you still had Doku ,Darth Sidieous, and such as the villains. I'm more or less getting at the writing of his character and the storyline of the films. Yes a guy can get his ass beat in a movie and come back and kick azz in part two ala Rocky. But in this case sh*t was out of wack for me especially if this is the guy to fear for at least two more movies

They established that he was injured though, as in he had a gaping hole in his side, they panned to it several times to make it clear that he wasn't at 100%. He's going to train breh, so he'll be back in better form next time and he'll probably have the squad -

knights-of-ren2-xlarge.png

And head coach Supreme Leader Snoke calling the shots.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
They established that he was injured though, as in he had a gaping hole in his side, they panned to it several times to make it clear that he wasn't at 100%. He's going to train breh, so he'll be back in better form next time and he'll probably have the squad -

knights-of-ren2-xlarge.png

And head coach Supreme Leader Snoke calling the shots.
Should've froze that blast from Chewie in mid air like he did the other one though:sas1:

I'm done. Ya'll have fun with this sh*t:russell:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
That's always been a plot whole in SW. The force users can sense shyt but then get surprised :martin:

Ren KNEW Solo would come to him. He wasn't surprised. He was ignoring his presence because he knew what he would have to do if Han called out to him.

The biggest question is WHY did he turn to the Darkside in the first place. Vader wasn't on the dark side before he died and surely Luke told him what happened. Snoke must have a powerful influence to get Ren to turn on this blood.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Ren KNEW Solo would come to him. He wasn't surprised. He was ignoring his presence because he knew what he would have to do if Han called out to him.

The biggest question is WHY did he turn to the Darkside in the first place. Vader wasn't on the dark side before he died and surely Luke told him what happened. Snoke must have a powerful influence to get Ren to turn on this blood.
The novel states that Snoke was influencing Ben from early on. Constantly manipulating him and turning him towards the dark side.

It remains to be seen whether or not there was some other *moment* that made him give in for good, but for now, it seems as though it was just slow influence.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Dude makes some valid valid points. I liked the movie but I don't think it will age well.

Yes! Great commentary. This is everything I was thinking. She was too perfect, too fast. You can't master the Force in a duel in your first fight against an opponent who's been trained by a Jedi Master and has been using the force (and lightsaber) for years. Total Mary Sue. And it has nothing to do with sexism. If a guy had done that against Kylo, then that guy would be a Gary Stu. Victory must be earned or it must be made painfully clear that you won because blind luck.

I agree, it was kind of "convinient" how fast she "learned" to use her force powers.

But as I've read someone say, I think it's possible she was trained when she was young and perhaps had her mind wiped when she was left on that planet (To hide her from Kylo, I think). So maybe the training she did as a kid is coming back to her now:manny:.

Also, lets be realistic, Kylo Ren HAD to fight somebody at the end of that film, else peeps were gonna be leaving that film saying "we didn't see enough Kylo:martin:"

At least they tried to explain it away a bit by giving him that injury and making it clear he is not yet a master of his own ability/still needs to complete his training:manny: