Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
I don't know why people are concerned about the following regarding Finn

• He is not a Jedi, and that is okay. He is a reluctant hero who is brave but heroism is something new to him. He and Rey are both learning how to save the day...FINN IS HAN SOLO....complete with leather jacket. He talks his way out of trouble, he talks his way into trouble, he takes risks. He knew he had no fukkin chance against kylo ren but still rose his sword against him. And he held his own. Finn wasn't a moron, he wasn't a bytch, he wasn't a bufoon, he was just a guy with a strong moral compass who was trying to stop a tornado with a handkerchief. That is intimidating... And he still came thru against immeasurable odds.
  • Don't compare finn to Rey because REY IS fukkING BROKEN. Finn is Terry Bogard, Rey is God Rugal at the highest setting...she makes no sense. In the history of star wars ALL CHARACTORS EVER showed flaws except her...Vader is overly emotional, Luke has self doubt and questions his purpose, Yoda lives in fear of the darkside and is low key a coward always hiding snd avoiding conflict, han solo is a hothead and gets himself into trouble, theyre all too trusting and get manipulated.....Finn is (not in the species sense) human...the flaws you are complaint about are CHARACTOR. REY IS THE ONLY ONE WHO IS BATTING 1.000 so comparing her to finn isn't even fukkin fair. SHE Is badly written, not Finn
You raise a good point about Rey. Given all of her attributes she has displayed in the movie, I wouldn't be surprised if pride becomes her flaw. Or self doubt like Luke cuz she is a lot like Luke in ANH. Humble beginnings, natural pilot, picks up on the Force rather quickly. I don't think her training will go well (obviously) cuz Luke basically had a crash course in Jedi training himself, and it's obvious his attempt at teaching has failed. I think episode VIII will be interesting to say the least.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
The novel states that Snoke was influencing Ben from early on. Constantly manipulating him and turning him towards the dark side.

It remains to be seen whether or not there was some other *moment* that made him give in for good, but for now, it seems as though it was just slow influence.
How did Ben come into contact with Snoke?

Also is there any site mentioning any content in the novel?

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Rey is damn near anakin skywalker. Finn can be her Padme :troll:. But n the real i think it would be cool as hell if they turned her to the dark side and turned Kylo to the light side but that would never happen

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The first time Dooku cut of Anakin's Hand...I tried naming my son Anakin and my wife said no...

Soooo. in the end you expect to see ALL 3 SOLOs... together... Well I think Finn could be is a grandson anyway going by the official canon..
what if she was related to MACE... What if she's Lando's sister...
The only thing keeping me from naming my son Anakin is the fact that our name is a legacy, and I gotta keep that tradition going. Wifey was on board with it and everything.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
True story:smugbiden:

Just glad they kept his lines to a minimun, dude was so fukking annoying in the past films. Same goes for that robot-c00n, C-3PO
Seriously... fukk c3po...he was necessary I guess in this but man he is the WOAT droid, a total p*ssy with an accent of a gay englishman

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Should've froze that blast from Chewie in mid air like he did the other one though:sas1:

I'm done. Ya'll have fun with this sh*t:russell:
That wasn't no laser from a standard issue stormtrooper gun Chewy Bowcaster was flipping motherfukkers.

That blast was too powerful to be stopped plus he was caught up emotionally after shanking his pops Han.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
That wasn't no laser from a standard issue stormtrooper gun Chewy Bowcaster was flipping motherfukkers.

That blast was too powerful to be stopped plus he was caught up emotionally after shanking his pops Han.
Plus if he had, clemenzas corny ass would just be complaining about how OP kylo was :upsetfavre:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
BRUH YOU KNOW WHAT KILLS ME?

When Ren says "That lightsaber belongs to me:damn:" and Finn said "Come and get it:demonic:" The popped the lightsaber :ohlawd:

The crowd was :ooh::ooh::ooh::gladbron::gladbron::gladbron: :ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:both times I saw it. All races bruh

One minute later he gets KO'd and the crowd was like:francis::ld:

I could FEEL fellow black folks in the crowd collectively going :francis::upsetfavre::rudy::martin:

They played my nikka like he was Krillin

By that point I was checked out until right before I saw Luke on the mountain

So what? Ya'll wanted him to kill Kylo Ren in his very first lightsaber duel??:what:

Where the hell is all this Fin dissapointment coming from:what:

Why on earth would you all (people complaining about his portrayal) have such high expectations for him? He's just a damn Storm Trooper gone rogue:what:

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My only knock on the movie is that despite them declaring the books no longer being canon, they borrowed HEAVILY from them. That's why I wasn't surprised to hear that Kylo is Han and Leia's son. And don't be surprised when you find out Rey is his sister. This shyt is Jacen and Jaina without their little brother Anakin but with different names. In the EU, one of Luke's first students was influenced by the dark side and built a crudely put together lightsaber, another one that was powerful as fukk that felt he was more powerful than Luke and went to Vader's funeral pyre for guidance in the Force, and killed billions of people before redeeming himself, and HAD A NEPHEW THAT TURNED TO THE DARK SIDE. Mark my words, Rey (Jaina) will be the one to redeem and or take down Kylo, while Luke deals with Snoke.

That's why the movie was a bit underwhelming to me. This saga has already happened but with different characters. There will be some twists to switch the game up though.