Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
How is Kylo able to freeze a bolter blast and read people's minds, but couldn't sense Han Solo 10ft away from him as we was walking across the bridge? Then get shot by Chewie? Get cut in the arm by a nikka who has had 3 minutes of light saber training??

because he's mentally weak and unfocused right now. He has raw ability and an extremely high ceiling but he needs focus and guidance and that nikka Snoke gonna give that to him :myman:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
But Kylo wasn't even finished his training whereas Vader was a Jedi Master before even working with Sidius:what:
Nobody gives a f*ck about him finishing his training. The movie started off with him being the sh*t- freezing laser blasts in mid air and sh*t, reading minds, freezing people, etc. Third act he's an emotional b*tch and getting sonned- and now he needs to finish training.:comeon: They made him to be "that dude" with the mask and voice while kickin' azz but then he's not sh*t. Which one is it? But nah I'm not lookin' forward to his side story. Its not interesting to me. I don't even see Han and Leia to be bad parents cause nothing was ever established prior that they would neglect a child to the point where their offspring would rebel and kill people and destroy planets. He just seems like a kid that needs medication and a shoulder to cry on. That's cool and all for a side character but if that's the main villain then :patrice:

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
I was like:gladbron:when he was punching his shyt.
See I thought that was just showing how much of a kid he was. People got different ways of seeing the same thing and I'm glad cause it keeps these topics interesting. To me that showed he was trying to prove to himself how tough he was but the dude was already almost on the mat.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
the trailer had han say "the jedi" and pan to finn

the posters have finn with a light saber and "destiny awakens"

amongst other things. it is understandable if black people are upset they did a playaction on us and had us think we were actually going to get a lead black jedi and him turnout to be a guy that got moral victories but is the only guy that never won in actual battle. rey won a fight she had no reason winning, poe was styling and profiling in the air. finn was in a coma at the end. if you disagree its fine, and like i said i think it was slightly overblown, but it is understandable.
Nah bruh it's ain't understandable. It was his mutherfukking ideas and intel that 1. Won the main battle 2. Found and saved Rey in the Space Station.

And on top of that he killed about 10 people and downed 3 fighters.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
LEAKED CONCEPT ART OF FINN IN EPISODE 8 Y'ALL!!!!!!

iAlw785.png

WTF are you talking about? Did you forget Mace Windu existed?

How could anyone forget the wonderful character that was Mace-fukking-Windu.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
See I thought that was just showing how much of a kid he was. People got different ways of seeing the same thing and I'm glad cause it keeps these topics interesting. To me that showed he was trying to prove to himself how tough he was but the dude was already almost on the mat.

Young, impulsive, God-Complex, insecure, sound like another famous Skywalker we know of? That's the nature of the dark side, always needing to feed that ego and show out.

Daps
There's a rumour floating around that Rey is actually the Padawan who went rogue/was too powerful to control so Luke exiled her to Jakku.

So he implanted a false memory in her head and sent her down there. This definitely could explain why her Force game is already A1

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Nobody gives a f*ck about him finishing his training. The movie started off with him being the sh*t- freezing laser blasts in mid air and sh*t, reading minds, freezing people, etc. Third act he's an emotional b*tch and getting sonned- and now he needs to finish training.:comeon: They made him to be "that dude" with the mask and voice while kickin' azz but then he's not sh*t. Which one is it? But nah I'm not lookin' forward to his side story. Its not interesting to me. I don't even see Han and Leia to be bad parents cause nothing was ever established prior that they would neglect a child to the point where their offspring would rebel and kill people and destroy planets. He just seems like a kid that needs medication and a shoulder to cry on. That's cool and all for a side character but if that's the main villain then :patrice:
Your initial thought was addressing why Kylo is not as badass as Vader.. This actual very simple. He isn't as badass as Vader because when we see Vader he was a Jedi Master and Had trained under the most powerful Sith Lord ever. Whereas Kylo is basically just getting started. You're comparing Wiggins to Lebron.

And his emotions are what makes him intriguing:what:

We are witnessing his internal struggle.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Aka

He is a Skywalker :heh:
True:ehh:

Maybe its just the new age storytelling... that the characters have to be emotional and bipolar and whatnot. When they did Vader it was like, "yo we're just gonna have this scary motherf*cker f*ck everybody up, no let up, no mercy, nothing". But now its different. Kylo to me was like a reality show character. All that was missing in the movie was him doing a confessional into the camera