Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I don't know why people are concerned about the following regarding Finn

• He is not a Jedi, and that is okay. He is a reluctant hero who is brave but heroism is something new to him. He and Rey are both learning how to save the day...FINN IS HAN SOLO....complete with leather jacket. He talks his way out of trouble, he talks his way into trouble, he takes risks. He knew he had no fukkin chance against kylo ren but still rose his sword against him. And he held his own. Finn wasn't a moron, he wasn't a bytch, he wasn't a bufoon, he was just a guy with a strong moral compass who was trying to stop a tornado with a handkerchief. That is intimidating... And he still came thru against immeasurable odds.
  • Don't compare finn to Rey because REY IS fukkING BROKEN. Finn is Terry Bogard, Rey is God Rugal at the highest setting...she makes no sense. In the history of star wars ALL CHARACTORS EVER showed flaws except her...Vader is overly emotional, Luke has self doubt and questions his purpose, Yoda lives in fear of the darkside and is low key a coward always hiding snd avoiding conflict, han solo is a hothead and gets himself into trouble, theyre all too trusting and get manipulated.....Finn is (not in the species sense) human...the flaws you are complaint about are CHARACTOR. REY IS THE ONLY ONE WHO IS BATTING 1.000 so comparing her to finn isn't even fukkin fair. SHE Is badly written, not Finn
Gave you a dap but I still don't think they made Rey too OP. Nothing she did or said in the film was eye rolling because of the influx of feminism. I was thinking that maybe they should have shown her training as a kid. Let the audience know that she was special.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
He was weak as f*ck breh and he was a b*tch. After Rey sonned and beat his azz what is there to look forward to from dude? You can't even take this cat serious anymore. And that's more about the writing than the character itself. They neutered and butchered him so bad he would've been better off being killed off at the end of the movie imo. Darth Vader was an unstoppable force for two entire movies. He literally f*cked everybody up who got in his way. They could've made Kylo sensitive and conflicted but once he took off that mask and got the beats put on him by two newbies who never even held a lightsaber it was bushes status for dude:camby:you can't have your main villain go out like that.. especially if you got a trilogy coming
No he fukking wasn't. I notice how y'all keep ignoring my point that Finn was the main reason for all of the good guys wins. Except for the final battle with Kylo. :sas1:

Why are you comparing Vader to Finn:dahell:

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
@NERO what about Lando? Thoughts?
Lando was well acted and had nice character development. He was an administrator of Cloud city, a gambler, a scoundrel and a debonair guy.He came across as at least an equal to Han and his betrayal was human and he worked to redeem himself. I liked the character. He was a complex supporting character who did what was right for the city and then worked to correct the damage he had done to his friend. Too bad about the BS Billy Dee Williams had to put up with because people hated his betrayal so much. Many people of that time didn't even respect his redemption in Return of the Jedi.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
No he fukking wasn't. I notice how y'all keep ignoring my point that Finn was the main reason for all of the good guys wins. Except for the final battle with Kylo. :sas1:

Why are you comparing Vader to Finn:dahell:
I was comparing Kylo to Vader as far as what a villain should be :what:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Lando was well acted and had nice character development. He was an administrator of Cloud city, a gambler, a scoundrel and a debonair guy.He came across as at least an equal to Han and his betrayal was human and he worked to redeem himself. I liked the character. He was a complex supporting character who did what was right for the city and then worked to correct the damage he had done to his friend. Too bad about the BS Billy Dee Williams had to put up with because people hated his betrayal so much. Many people of that time didn't even respect his redemption in Return of the Jedi.
Perosnally I wouldn't even call it a betrayal. He said Vader arrived just before they did and he already had a plan to get everyone (apart from Han :lolbron:) out. Whatever it was though he more than made up for it and literally destroyed the Death Star 2 and became a Rebellion leader.

Urethra Franklin

caught a virus from Churches Chicken
Daps
How is Kylo able to freeze a bolter blast and read people's minds, but couldn't sense Han Solo 10ft away from him as we was walking across the bridge? Then get shot by Chewie? Get cut in the arm by a nikka who has had 3 minutes of light saber training??

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
He was weak as f*ck breh and he was a b*tch. After Rey sonned and beat his azz what is there to look forward to from dude? You can't even take this cat serious anymore. And that's more about the writing than the character itself. They neutered and butchered him so bad he would've been better off being killed off at the end of the movie imo. Darth Vader was an unstoppable force for two entire movies. He literally f*cked everybody up who got in his way. They could've made Kylo sensitive and conflicted but once he took off that mask and got the beats put on him by two newbies who never even held a lightsaber it was bushes status for dude:camby:you can't have your main villain go out like that.. especially if you got a trilogy coming

The main point of contention, Vader didn't take any losses for the first two films and still had people shook in the third. The mask removal didn't help either as it removed the mystique and intrigue of Kylo Ren. Now Rey and Finn can come back to say to the Resistance, "Oh, that Kylo Ren is a punk, we almost killed him and we didn't even fight with a lightsaber before".

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
The main point of contention, Vader didn't take any losses for the first two films and still had people shook in the third. The mask removal didn't help either as it removed the mystique and intrigue of Kylo Ren. Now Rey and Finn can come back to say to the Resistance, "Oh, that Kylo Ren is a punk, we almost killed him and we didn't even fight with a lightsaber before".

Vader did get sent off into space by Han during Luke's trench run in the first film. Also vader got hit in the arm by luke. I admit Vader is far more intimidating now but Kylo could come back with a vengeance. They have to have him become more of a badass now that Snoke will complete his training and he is currently on the mat. The next film will probably be "Order of the Dark Side" or smth and by the end Kylo and Snoke will be eating, Rey will be on the mat, Luke will be dead and Finn will be looking like a boss somehow .

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
But was that their hopes or what was shown? The ONLY thing they that we knew going in was that he was a stormtrooper that deserted and at some point, he would wield the lightsaber. That's exactly what we got. You really expected him to be a Jedi and stormtrooper in the first movie? Why does he have to be a bada$$? How many bada$$es have their been in Star Wars, throughout the entire saga? Obi Wan in the PT and Palpatine. History of the saga shows that there are no true bada$$es but instead, people that shine during different moments. Finn was that. He was also an everyman.

He had comedic lines because he had more lines than everyone in the movie. He came up with every plan, from getting out Poe, keeping BB-8 from getting snatched up by stormtroopers, saving Rey, destroying the DS3...what more do you want? He was thrown in extreme situations and came out on top. He's a loser for losing a final fight? Him being able to hold his own with Ben Solo and landing some hits is what wore him down enough for Rey to get the upper hand. Rey and Finn were equal, or do you forget "that was some amazing shooting." He wasn't even trained for air combat but picked up on shooting them down very quickly. Finn accomplished more in this movie than Luke, Han, Chewy AND Leia combined in IV.
the trailer had han say "the jedi" and pan to finn

the posters have finn with a light saber and "destiny awakens"

amongst other things. it is understandable if black people are upset they did a playaction on us and had us think we were actually going to get a lead black jedi and him turnout to be a guy that got moral victories but is the only guy that never won in actual battle. rey won a fight she had no reason winning, poe was styling and profiling in the air. finn was in a coma at the end. if you disagree its fine, and like i said i think it was slightly overblown, but it is understandable.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
How is Kylo able to freeze a bolter blast and read people's minds, but couldn't sense Han Solo 10ft away from him as we was walking across the bridge? Then get shot by Chewie? Get cut in the arm by a nikka who has had 3 minutes of light saber training??
That's always been a plot hole in SW. The force users can sense shyt but then get surprised :martin:

Last edited: