Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
That was weak only because you could tell it was going to happen. :yeshrug:

And then chewie just happens to be able to shoot him when didn't this nikka ren stop a beam in the air in the beginning of the film?

Poor writing

1. Didn't even know Chewie was there.
2. Ren would have had to somewhat focus to stop that bold, he was clearly not in a focused state then.
3. Dude was in the middle of a battle when he stop Poe's shot. In a battle, people usually expect to be shot at.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
People just had it in their mind he was gonna be c00ning so even after they see it and it was obvious he was a prominent and well done character, people still wanna hold onto their lil pre-conceived notions.

He was dope and this is coming from a pro-black man who hates how the majority of black people are portrayed in hollywood.

Not sure if I should post this on the main thread too but honestly if they're so mad they should just see Creed again or buy the DVD's for Dope and Straight Outta Compton. All three films have a black director and strong black lead.

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
Who was Max Van Sydow's character in the beginning? Was he an old Jedi?

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
Brehs....Kylo used the force to stop a blaster laser mid air...and kept it there while he had a conversation. :banderas:

Supreme leader Snoke!!! :banderas::banderas:....Those scenes were so ill to me

Rey did great, fine as fukk....

I'm predicting racist fans being mad she has jungle fever...

I liked FInns character...I can see how conflicted he was, it was nicely done.

They named Kylo..Ben....After Ben Kenobi :ohhh:

Han Solo:mjcry:...I felt bad for Chewie more than anything tho...

the next one is gonna be so lit

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I think Rey "downloaded" the cliff notes of the Force when Kylo tried to read her mind. Instead she read his mind and figured out all his tricks. Along with him being hurt, Its obvious that Kylo is not really Iight saber trained which is why i think Rey and Finn were able to get the best. Kylo's skills reminded me of Luke's skills in ESB when he left Yoda too early to face Vader...

Exactly what I said before on the first part..

And I totally agree on the 2nd part...Kylo's style is so brute strength and no sophistication. So rudimentary same with Luke in ESB

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think Rey "downloaded" the cliff notes of the Force when Kylo tried to read her mind. Instead she read his mind and figured out all his tricks. Along with him being hurt, Its obvious that Kylo is not really Iight saber trained which is why i think Rey and Finn were able to get the best. Kylo's skills reminded me of Luke's skills in ESB when he left Yoda too early to face Vader...

I suppose that's possible but it's a real thin line between the movie vaguely implying stuff and people creating a narrative to excuse lazy writing.

For example, Kylo is able to read minds and sense people. We see him sense Han when he arrives at StarKiller Base but Han is able to sneak behind him and scream his real name without Kylo noticing him. Same with Ren stopping Poe's blaster but not doing shyt with Chewie's. Or him using force push against Rey and not with Finn, and not doing it again against Rey (though that can be explained by Ren wanting to teach Rey the ways of the Dark Side). These are all details that didn't take away from the movie to me but I hope they tight it up for Episode VIII :yeshrug:

That trooper sitting in the mess hall like :jawalrus:. Kylo can't look that nikka in the eyes anymore, trooper giving him the :francis: when he try to give him orders.

I hope something along those lines happens in the next movie. Only for the "new" Kylo to obliterate the stromtrooper (or whomever) that gave him the :francis: Dude needs to be reestablished as a legit threat and a real villain who isn't conflicted anymore.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Not sure if I should post this on the main thread too but honestly if they're so mad they should just see Creed again or buy the DVD's for Dope and Straight Outta Compton. All three films have a black director and strong black lead.

Dope was bought the minute I knew I was getting a PS4 for Christmas. Creed is next. Passing on SOC since I read they purposely looked to cast darker skinned women in less attractive roles, so I can't **** with that.

But yup, we gotta put our money behind our own. I hear you. Was thinking about "Dear White People Too", but I heard it was disappointing.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Dope was bought the minute I knew I was getting a PS4 for Christmas. Creed is next. Passing on SOC since I read they purposely looked to cast darker skinned women in less attractive roles, so I can't **** with that.

But yup, we gotta put our money behind our own. I hear you. Was thinking about "Dear White People Too", but I heard it was disappointing.

It was cool and brought up a lot of social commentary but most people weren't feeling the ending.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps

When you're 900 years old let's see you sign up for a film. Sean Connery called it quits at 73

they brought back obi wan, qui-gon jinn and anikan after they died.... why cant they bring back yoda? i am not asking for a big ass scene with my dude but christ, you can at least show a glimpse of him in the force

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
they brought back obi wan, qui-gon jinn and anikan after they died.... why cant they bring back yoda? i am not asking for a big ass scene with my dude but christ, you can at least show a glimpse of him in the force

In due time young padawan..... we still got another 5 1/2 hours of of SW coming.... patience.. one must have..... yes