Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
spend all those credits brainwashing nikkas and then put them on the sanitation team and you wonder why the brainwashing didnt work

:mjlol:

I made a thread about how villains always employ substandard goons. I think they took concepts from that thread of peoples responses. You could tell through out the movie based on how some of the storm troopers were acting :russ: Fin was basically a goon that was on some :whoa:

Daps
They'll probably give Finn some weird, dehumanizing, robotic get-up for the rest of the series.

Typical practice for black characters. They aren't allowed to have their own power, so give them some sort of machinery to make them stand out.
WTF are you talking about? Did you forget Mace Windu existed?

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
Finn definitely is force sensitive.

...Brainwashing didn't work on him...
...That feeling he got that what he was doing was wrong

...Kylo sensing something from his direction

...Only being a foot solider, but shooting Tie Fighters with good accuracy

...Not just handling a light saber with no training, but doing so surprisingly well for a beginner

He was clearly being guided IMO.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Finn definitely is force sensitive.

...Brainwashing didn't work on him...
...That feeling he got that what he was doing was wrong

...Kylo sensing something from his direction

...Only being a foot solider, but shooting Tie Fighters with good accuracy

...Not just handling a light saber with no training, but doing so surprisingly well for a beginner

He was clearly being guided IMO.
:mjpls:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Can we all agree Kylo has to give a MAJOR beat down on rey to be taken seriously again in part 2

But we all know that won't happen

1. He was still in training by Snoke.
2. Luke never finished training him.
3. He was never really challenged by a Jedi.

They never explained where Ray got her combat training. Because so much shyt came easy to her like piloting the Millennium Flacon with ease makes you wonder how she was conceived in the first place. The force is strong in her. She could've been conceived the same way Anakin was :manny:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I actually liked them. They were reminiscent of the OT. I feel like a lot if the duels in the PT were a little too choreographed and sterile and had too much of a wow factor to them, and lacked emotion. Luke vs Vader in ROTJ :banderas:.
I think they were a tad bit over the top but i think its now too brutish I think they need to find a solid middle ground. Light saber battles still have not been perfected. Whats the point of having a lightsaber if they are just swinging it around like a broadsword? One day they will get it done

CHL

Superstar
Daps
1. He was still in training by Snoke.
2. Luke never finished training him.
3. He was never really challenged by a Jedi.

They never explained where Ray got her combat training. Because so much shyt came easy to her like piloting the Millennium Flacon with ease makes you wonder how she was conceived in the first place. The force is strong in her. She could've been conceived the same way Anakin was :manny:
Being a Skywalker and prior training which Luke wiped but 'awakening' after her interaction with Kylo Ren would explain it

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Off theory topic but it seems as if some people went into the movie with the sole purpose of disliking Finn. They only watched him and were waiting for 1 little slip up, to say "See....I told you so." Let's be real, Luke wasn't sh!t for Ep IV. His only 2 accomplishments were swing Leia across a bridge that he shot and firing the lucky shot that did it. He got smacked around for the entire movie. Actually, he got smacked around in damn near every scene of Empire as well. But no one is saying how he wasn't ish. We need another thread, one for the haters/those with no understanding of the characters (OT/ST) and the ones that are actually interested in seeing where it goes.

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
I think they were a tad bit over the top but i think its now too brutish I think they need to find a solid middle ground. Light saber battles still have not been perfected. Whats the point of having a lightsaber if they are just swinging it around like a broadsword? One day they will get it done
That is how real swordfights are. If you get hit you are probably dead. I thought the duels were badass. In fact, the only duel I like from the PT was Anakin vs Count Dooku on the ship in the beginning of revenge of the sith. The way he cut off Dooku's hands, caught the saber and dominated him was straight cold blooded.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan y'all Nikkas are a trip sometimes.:russ: Finn was the Star of the film. Rey is ultimately more important, BUT FINN IS THE STAR OF THIS MOVIE.

Like 80-95% of the good shyt that happens for the Resistance is because of Finn. He came up with the plans. He was bodying m'fers left and right. As for his lightsaber fights, I though he did pretty good considering that he had no training.

Is he force sensitive. I honestly think he is.

1. He sensed the people dying by the Star Killer.
2. I think Kylo sensed him as well.

Also, he got that extra long hug from Rey:youngsabo:. She was begging him not to go. But Finn hit her with the Tommy Pickles... A brotha gotta do what a brotha gotta do:smugdraper:

But nah, he just a simpin ass janitor:dead:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
The main issue I have with the film is Rey and Finn not even knowing the Jedi or Sith even really existed and then able to give serious work to Kylo Ren who was stopping blaster bolts with control we've never seen before. I understand that Ren was injured, bleeding, and emotionally drained, but in every dual we've seen, rooks get that work against a more advanced opponent. That would be like a very athletically gifted individual with no boxing experience be able to hang with Tyson, Mayweather, or Ail after only "hearing about boxing" and never even put on a pair of gloves or seen an actual match.

Secondly, like PT, the antagonist aren't very menacing or convincing, Snoke, The First Order Command, just not doing it for me.

As for Finn, breh was abducted from his home, raised by what would considered Nazis/Gestapo, and in spite of all that, he still wanted to do the right thing. So it is no wonder he latches on to the person that saw him as an individual and would do anything to save them, this case it was Rey. You can't call him a coward because he knows what the First Order can do when they put hands on you, so he wanted no parts of that for himself or his new friends, cowardice to us, but survival to him. He fights when he needs to, runs when he sees trouble, and is out to fight for his friends, sounds like Han or Lando to me.

Wonder if Snoke is Darth Plagueis which would be a nice addition to the continuity of the saga.