Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I agree with you. Fans of the Original Trilogy complained about all of the politics in the Prequels so Lucasfilm just said "fukk it, if you want to know the real story buy the books and games." They pretty much set out to make a film that would make the hardcore fans happy while trying to bring in new ones.

It worked :manny:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
when we are first introduced to him, i thought he was a giant

I was like :dwillhuh: please no.

I was relieved to learn it was just a hologram, but even still... That design :francis:

:russ: same here. When I saw he was a giant motherfukker I was like :why:, then :ehh: that he was just a hologram.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They didn't have to make Han Kylo Ren's dad though. That whole plot twist felt akward as hell. I guess people wanted to show Kylo Ren's human side as he completed his maturation/journey to the dark side. That's why this movie had a mesh of the prequel and OG trilogy elements to it.

I liked it

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
1. 'Anakin the Chosen one was pissed at the Jedi Council, he finally had a Powerful Master that could help him reach his full potential' - that's what you said that i originally quoted...and that's not correct, that's not why he joined the dark side nor is that why yoda went to exile...

2. the examples you give were done with clear heads, after talking about shyt, not outta emotion....if luke wouldve gone after them at that sec, like you suggested, it wouldve been outta anger, and all people need to be swayed to the dark side is that brief exposure to those other emotions they've denied/ignored their whole life...just like he did when fighting vader and the emperor cheered him on to come to the dark side....also, he's vader's son, so he's extra worried about going to the dark side since his dad did it....

3. it's not outta jedi nor other good characters ways in this series....going into exile to think shyt over/get their mind off what has happened after their world has been rocked is what they do....obi did it, yoda did it, and now luke has done it...hell, even leia and han did it after ben became kylo....it's just what 'good' people in the series do....

4. i have no problem acknowledging things when they're correct, but what you saying isnt correct...vader didnt show redemption until luke forced the issue in ROTJ and he started becoming anakin again....until then, vader didnt give a fukk....
1.) like I said before read my post again. I did not say Vader turned to the dark side because he was thirsty For power........but now that I think about it he was because Palpatine promised to teach him the power of resurrection. My initial point was that Yoda and Obiwan and all other Jedi who survived order66 went into hiding out of fear of the Emperor and vader "The Vision showed Kylo and his crew standing behind a cloaked Luke while he was crouching down with his hand on R2. I took at as Kylo gave Luke the business because there is no way Luke would let someone destroying his temple and killing his pupils slide. He would have went after Snoke and Kylo without any hesitation. Obiwan and Yoda had a reason to run andHide. Anakin the Chosen one was pissed at the Jedi Council, he finally had a Powerful Master that could help him reach his full potential and they were gunning for any Jedi who survived Order 66.
2.) It is out of Character for Luke Skywalker to sit back and watch the galaxy go to shyt because his nephew is having an identity crisis. When trouble or adventure calls Luke is always the first to respond. When R2 and 3PO needed help finding Ben Kenobi for Leia, Luke jumped into action to help. When his friends were captured in cloud city and Yoda and Obi Wan basically told Luke to forget about them Luke made the two old geezers look even more like the punks they already were. Whenever a situation needs immediate action You could always count on good ole Luke. So this Recluse we got in this new movie is a disappointment to me. And for Luke to sit on an island and think while the Galaxy is being terrorized by his evil nephew is selfish and out of character. Something's require immediate action and you don't always get time to think or clear your head.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I liked it

I got use to it, but it was still awkward none the less. Once they made that reveal and the fact that Ren was still struggling with the dark side I KNEW Han was going to die, probably by Ren.

Which is a good thing because I doubt they will do a prequel to how Ren turned since they would have to CGI his parents

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
listening to the Collider spoiler review, i like the theory that Rey is Luke's daughter or was being trained at the academy until Kylo destroyed the academy. Fearing for her safety, Luke sends her off, wipes her memory using a Jedi mind trick or she just eventually forgets since she was so young. This might explain why when "the force awakens" in her, she already so powerful and knows how to use it because her training all comes rushing back to her...

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
listening to the Collider spoiler review, i like the theory that Rey is Luke's daughter or was being trained at the academy until Kylo destroyed the academy. Fearing for her safety, Luke sends her off, wipes her memory using a Jedi mind trick or she just eventually forgets since she was so young. This might explain why when "the force awakens" in her, she already so powerful and knows how to use it because her training all comes rushing back to her...
Woa that would make some sense

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I may have to watch the movie again but I recall somewhere in the movie someone saying "The Jedi may rise up again." or something along those lines. Someone please correct me if im wrong. I think it was either Hux or Snoke but I can't remember. What if Luke isn't the last Jedi and they are more out there. What if he gave an order for all of them to lay low and go into hiding.

It also fades into my other theory that The Republic shunned Luke and the Jedi and didn't want anything to do with them. For us it's easy to tell the difference but maybe to people in this universe, a space wizard is a space wizard. And the last space wizard caused a lot of death and destruction. They don't see the light and the dark like we do.

And lets not forget, history is written by the victors and in their history books the Jedi tried to overthrow the government and take control of the Republic and I'm not sure if the real truth ever got out. So the Jedi/Sith may still be seen as enemies to the Republic.

If this was the case is it crazy to believe The Republic ordered the destruction of the Jedi Temple? Possibly under the influence of Snoke under some sort of guise? Follow me with this for a bit. In the flash back Rey had, we see Kylo stab someone with his lightsaber. It looked like a Republic Soldier, not a KoR or any other type of antagonist we have seen. What if Kylo turned to the dark side and did something to force The Republic to attack the Jedi Temple in some manipulative way, then Kylo returns and cleans up the leftovers.

I don't think Kylo pulled an Anakin and killed everyone. I think Snoke is playing both sides, I can't think of any other way of the First Order regaining a foothold unless they had someone pulling strings on both sides.

Thoughts? I know its a ton of speculation but does it hold any valid points?
Agreed. We'll see if the Rebel Alliance and subsequent New Republic rectified this lie about the Jedi though.

Yeah It was Snoke saying unless they find and destroy Luke Skywalker the Jedi will rise up again.

Unlike Sidious I don't get the sense that Plageuis has an influential postion on the Republic's side. The First Order's growing power can be explained by them being based in the Unknown Regions (away from the eyes of the Republic who have probably understimated them and not taken them to be the threat they are, which is why Leia founded the Resistance), Snoke uniting and consolidating former Empire forces soon after ROTJ (and it's been released that the Empire was already building bases and research facilities out in the Unknown Regions during the Palplatine/Vader years), and it being decades of development for them since then.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
So whats the logic behind Finn being able to use a lightsaber? I thought normal people/ only people with the Force can use those?
If you mean just turning it on, Han used it to cut open that camel/horse and stuck Luke in it to protect him from freezing to death at the beginning of ESB. if you talking about using it successfully as a weapon, Finn really didn't know how to use it...