Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Kylo didnt sense anything. He saw Finn was looking out of place and hesitating to follow orders. He would have commented on it if he sensed something as he commented on sensing Rey's force. They had plenty of chances to do so.. the most obvious would have been his one on one fight with Kylo. The reason Finn and Rey were able to fight him was just poor writing and nothing more.
Why? Who would he have commented to? You just want to believe that Finn isn't FS.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1.) like I said before read my post again I never said he joined the dark side to reach his full potential I said that Palpatine helped him achieve his full potential and that is why Obiwan and Yoda stayed in hiding.

2.) Mace Windu killing Jangofett and Yoda facing off against Palpatine and Dooku was not out of anger but out of necessity. Luke does not have to be angry to go after his evil nephew. When he blew up the death star killing all of those empire soldiers was that out of anger or out of necessity?
3.) Whether Luke was at the temple or not it was out of character for him to let what Kylo did slide.
4.) Whether you want to acknowledge it or not vader was showing signs of redemption after he learned Luke was alive. That is why during the final showdown Luke took the opportunity to try and sway him back to the good side. He felt the change in Anikan. From Empire on he was not the same vader that would force choke his subordinates because they sneezed.

1. 'Anakin the Chosen one was pissed at the Jedi Council, he finally had a Powerful Master that could help him reach his full potential' - that's what you said that i originally quoted...and that's not correct, that's not why he joined the dark side nor is that why yoda went to exile...

2. the examples you give were done with clear heads, after talking about shyt, not outta emotion....if luke wouldve gone after them at that sec, like you suggested, it wouldve been outta anger, and all people need to be swayed to the dark side is that brief exposure to those other emotions they've denied/ignored their whole life...just like he did when fighting vader and the emperor cheered him on to come to the dark side....also, he's vader's son, so he's extra worried about going to the dark side since his dad did it....

3. it's not outta jedi nor other good characters ways in this series....going into exile to think shyt over/get their mind off what has happened after their world has been rocked is what they do....obi did it, yoda did it, and now luke has done it...hell, even leia and han did it after ben became kylo....it's just what 'good' people in the series do....

4. i have no problem acknowledging things when they're correct, but what you saying isnt correct...vader didnt show redemption until luke forced the issue in ROTJ and he started becoming anakin again....until then, vader didnt give a fukk....

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why? Who would he have commented to? You just want to believe that Finn isn't FS.

If they wanted Finn to have force powers they would have put it in the movie and made it obvious like they do for all the other characters. They could have done it when he touched the lightsaber or have kylo say something during their fight that sensed it in him. This movie is pretty straight forward as far as how it tells the story. Everyone's importance for the next movie is laid out by the end and Finn being in a coma should tell you something.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
i strongly disagree with you guys about Finn but whatever I guess everyone has their own opinion. I didnt consider Finn a coward, shyt the fact that he turned his back on the First Order says all you need to know about him a coward wouldnt have the courage to leave such a powerful entity, once he was free he just wwanted to get the hell out of there because he knew what they were capable of. Also he was important and will be needed in further movies
The fact he lied about the week point of the death ray so he could see Rey again was extremely selfish and stupid. His character was bad. He didnt defeat the bad guy and his story is pretty much over. :francis:

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps

Force Awakens stans killing this dude on twitter for articulating the problems with Rey. he is a screenwriter so he has some credibility.

just found out this dude father is the great John Landis.

everything he is saying is right.

there are only few movies that I have left the theater and felt upset at what I saw.
This was one of them .

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I may have to watch the movie again but I recall somewhere in the movie someone saying "The Jedi may rise up again." or something along those lines. Someone please correct me if im wrong. I think it was either Hux or Snoke but I can't remember. What if Luke isn't the last Jedi and they are more out there. What if he gave an order for all of them to lay low and go into hiding.

It also fades into my other theory that The Republic shunned Luke and the Jedi and didn't want anything to do with them. For us it's easy to tell the difference but maybe to people in this universe, a space wizard is a space wizard. And the last space wizard caused a lot of death and destruction. They don't see the light and the dark like we do.

And lets not forget, history is written by the victors and in their history books the Jedi tried to overthrow the government and take control of the Republic and I'm not sure if the real truth ever got out. So the Jedi/Sith may still be seen as enemies to the Republic.

If this was the case is it crazy to believe The Republic ordered the destruction of the Jedi Temple? Possibly under the influence of Snoke under some sort of guise? Follow me with this for a bit. In the flash back Rey had, we see Kylo stab someone with his lightsaber. It looked like a Republic Soldier, not a KoR or any other type of antagonist we have seen. What if Kylo turned to the dark side and did something to force The Republic to attack the Jedi Temple in some manipulative way, then Kylo returns and cleans up the leftovers.

I don't think Kylo pulled an Anakin and killed everyone. I think Snoke is playing both sides, I can't think of any other way of the First Order regaining a foothold unless they had someone pulling strings on both sides.

Thoughts? I know its a ton of speculation but does it hold any valid points?

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact he lied about the week point of the death ray so he could see Rey again was extremely selfish and stupid. His character was bad. He didnt defeat the bad guy and his story is pretty much over. :francis:

shrugs shoulder...if you say so I like Finn, I didnt see anything wrong with him, takes a lot to leave the First Order, thought he had great chemistry with the cast and I cant wait to see what they do with him in the next movies....NEXT

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of yall are delusional. Sometimes you just gotta accept reality. Finn has no force. They had a million times in the movie where they could have teased him having some force. They didn't. Let it go. They did him dirty in this movie. Made him a coward, liar, and a buffoon at times. All that could have been forgiven though if let his character come full circle. But he never came into his own like the other characters. Never had a true hero moment and always needed to be saved. Didn't even get the girl at the end either. He went out like a chump.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is still in a coma for the majority of the next movie or the rest of the series. His character is pretty much not needed anymore now that the story has moved on to Rey and Luke. If they were gonna make him a hero.. it would have had to be in this film as it laid the groundwork for whats to come.

Overall this movie tried to get by on the nostalgia of the originals. Plot was the typical white female hero movie. The villian started off as a bad ass but ended the movie as a joke. How do you go from freezing laser blast in mid air to losing to someone who just learned she had some force a few hours ago? But this is Disney so the message is average white women can do anything. Surprisingly I wasnt really blown away by visuals and special effect like I though I would be. The light saber fights were pretty lame compared to the past movies as well.

5/10
Did you watch the movie or just hated

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Just saw it.

1. It felt like Episode 1 and episode IV.
2. Kylo Ren felt like Epiosde II Anikin. He hasn't yet reached his full potential. Both he and Ray are both in their novice stages of they paths to the light and dark side.
3. Some people didn't like the nostalgia moments with the OG characters but I understand why it was incorporated. The OG star wars trilogy is old as hell so they had to at least educate people who may not have seen it while paying homage to the fans who did.
4. Fin will probably be the new Lando and/or Han.
5. Felt awkward at times knowing Ray was going to be the new Luke/Alpha Jedi.
6. Fin was just being a real dude in how he was portrayed.

Overall it met my expectations. I like how they upgraded the powers of the force and showed how powerful it could be. Even though Kylo Ren was still having his growing pains, he was a dope villain.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Finn was definately not black excellence :snoop:

fukking hate JJ Abrams :pacspit:

Technically he was. If it wasn't for Finn, Poe would've probably been killed and the resistance would've never found out about the first orders weapon and they probably would've killed everyone in the resistance. He wasn't even trying to be a hero and ended up being the hero. And he went toe to toe with Kylo Ren.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
can people agree to disagree, some people liked Finn's character others didnt, at the end of the day we wont know where his character goes until the next movie drops in 2 years

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys gonna be real hurt when Finn is in a coma for the whole next movie and gets minimal screen time for the rest of the series. He has no force and will not be a Jedi. Stop imagining things that are not there.. His story arc is finished. The next movie will be all about Rey and her background.

naw more like you idiots are going to be looking real stupid if you think he is still going to be in a coma in part 8 when im sure some months would have passed, they start filming next month so I guess time will tell

GO FINN AND REY