Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I may have to watch the movie again but I recall somewhere in the movie someone saying "The Jedi may rise up again." or something along those lines. Someone please correct me if im wrong. I think it was either Hux or Snoke but I can't remember. What if Luke isn't the last Jedi and they are more out there. What if he gave an order for all of them to lay low and go into hiding.

It also fades into my other theory that The Republic shunned Luke and the Jedi and didn't want anything to do with them. For us it's easy to tell the difference but maybe to people in this universe, a space wizard is a space wizard. And the last space wizard caused a lot of death and destruction. They don't see the light and the dark like we do.

And lets not forget, history is written by the victors and in their history books the Jedi tried to overthrow the government and take control of the Republic and I'm not sure if the real truth ever got out. So the Jedi/Sith may still be seen as enemies to the Republic.

If this was the case is it crazy to believe The Republic ordered the destruction of the Jedi Temple? Possibly under the influence of Snoke under some sort of guise? Follow me with this for a bit. In the flash back Rey had, we see Kylo stab someone with his lightsaber. It looked like a Republic Soldier, not a KoR or any other type of antagonist we have seen. What if Kylo turned to the dark side and did something to force The Republic to attack the Jedi Temple in some manipulative way, then Kylo returns and cleans up the leftovers.

I don't think Kylo pulled an Anakin and killed everyone. I think Snoke is playing both sides, I can't think of any other way of the First Order regaining a foothold unless they had someone pulling strings on both sides.

Thoughts? I know its a ton of speculation but does it hold any valid points?

I just hate the fact that we waited 30 years for this movie and we are still left asking questions.

All anyone ever wondered was... "Whatever happened to everyone after ROTJ." ,when it was announced that we would be getting new films, we thought finally would get those answers.

and yet episode 7 has finally been released, and we still don't know. I won't lie, it's very frustrating.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
fin was great other then that i like the latino guy

bb-8 was cute

the girl was okay and emo vader was kind of a p*ssy

someone on facebook ruined hans death godless fagot

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Kylo didnt sense anything. He saw Finn was looking out of place and hesitating to follow orders. He would have commented on it if he sensed something as he commented on sensing Rey's force. They had plenty of chances to do so.. the most obvious would have been his one on one fight with Kylo. The reason Finn and Rey were able to fight him was just poor writing and nothing more.

You're forgetting about that point blank bowcaster shot from Chewie that hit him and had him bleeding from the side for the rest of the scene.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I just hate the fact that we waited 30 years for this movie and we are still left asking questions.

All anyone ever wondered was... "Whatever happened to everyone after ROTJ." ,when it was announced that we would be getting new films, we thought finally would get those answers.

and yet episode 7 has finally been released, and we still don't know. I won't lie, it's very frustrating.

I agree with you. Fans of the Original Trilogy complained about all of the politics in the Prequels so Lucasfilm just said "fukk it, if you want to know the real story buy the books and games." They pretty much set out to make a film that would make the hardcore fans happy while trying to bring in new ones.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fin was great other then that i like the latino guy

bb-8 was cute

the girl was okay and emo vader was kind of a p*ssy

someone on facebook ruined hans death godless fagot

did people really think Han was going to be in this trilogy, this was his send off I mean he wanted his character to die in the original trilogy, I expect Luke to die in part 8

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
did people really think Han was going to be in this trilogy, this was his send off I mean he wanted his character to die in the original trilogy, I expect Luke to die in part 8

They didn't have to make Han Kylo Ren's dad though. That whole plot twist felt akward as hell. I guess people wanted to show Kylo Ren's human side as he completed his maturation/journey to the dark side. That's why this movie had a mesh of the prequel and OG trilogy elements to it.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Kylo noticed Finn because he simply wasn't doing what the other stormtroopers were doing, it's not that deep :snoop:

The movie's called "The Force Awakens" if Finn could use it don't you think the movie would have had a definitive scene of him doing so like with Rey? :comeon:

Like @Nigerianwonder said the movie was all about establishing and positioning the characters for future installment, you know Rey's the new Luke and main character, Ren the new Vader, Poe the new Han, Snoke the new emperor, Finn... fukk knows what. He got the same ending as Han/Ford in Empire which happened because they didn't know what do with the character after that movie when they were making it.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
They didn't have to make Han Kylo Ren's dad though. That whole plot twist felt akward as hell. I guess people wanted to show Kylo Ren's human side as he completed his maturation/journey to the dark side. That's why this movie had a mesh of the prequel and OG trilogy elements to it.
if the prequels greatest sin was over emphasizing the importance of anakin skywalker in the grand scheme of the larger story (virgin birth, ancient prophecy) then this movie's greatest sin was doing the same with han.

yes people like harrison ford, but he really felt like the central piece of the entire story. and honestly, it felt forced. at least it did to me.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
The theory that the Jedi/Sith are enemies of the republic is strange....because the First Order clearly answer to some Alien that is versed in the dark side

Daps
Reppin
NYC
oh and another thing I noticed about this movie...

easily the weakest and most forgettable score of any star wars movie.