Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

CHL

Superstar
Daps
You guys gonna be real hurt when Finn is in a coma for the whole next movie and gets minimal screen time for the rest of the series. He has no force and will not be a Jedi. Stop imagining things that are not there.. His story arc is finished. The next movie will be all about Rey and her background.
Finn is all but confirmed to be some degree of force sensitive. No non-lightsaber trained non-force sensitive is lasting more than 5 seconds against even an injured Kylo. Kylo sensed his potential during the Jakku raid.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Did you guys see that Obi-Wan and Yoda's voices can be heard during Rey's vision? They used a line from Alec Guiness, had Ewan McGregor record a new line for it, and then had Frank Oz come in and lay down a Yoda vocal (but for some reason ended up using an old line for him). So Obi Wan and Yoda are in the film, to a small degree:

J.J. Abrams reveals Obi-Wan and Yoda are secretly in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' | EW.com

I heard them but didn't realize they had recorded new vocals. I thought they were cut...well Guiness was.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
for those that approve where they took the story, i really need you to try and sell me on that because that is still the biggest thing preventing me from fully embracing this movie.

tell me why you thought robbing luke, han and leia of their happy ending was a good idea.

all opinions welcome.

But there are no real happy endings, just the end of stories. Life is a roller coaster and everything can't end with singing ewoks, rainbows, and ever lasting peace throughout the galaxy. The force encompasses dark and light. It's like ying and yang. You could even argue that a pure happy ending in this universe would result in a imbalance in the force. The darkness was destined to disrupt their lives again.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finn is all but confirmed to be some degree of force sensitive. No non-lightsaber trained non-force sensitive is lasting more than 5 seconds against even an injured Kylo. Kylo sensed his potential during the Jakku raid.

Kylo didnt sense anything. He saw Finn was looking out of place and hesitating to follow orders. He would have commented on it if he sensed something as he commented on sensing Rey's force. They had plenty of chances to do so.. the most obvious would have been his one on one fight with Kylo. The reason Finn and Rey were able to fight him was just poor writing and nothing more.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
But there are no real happy endings, just the end of stories. Life is a roller coaster and everything can't end with singing ewoks, rainbows, and ever lasting peace throughout the galaxy. The force encompasses dark and light. It's like ying and yang. You could even argue that a pure happy ending in this universe would result in a imbalance in the force. The darkness was destined to disrupt their lives again.
han repented for his sins and sacrificed himself for the woman he loved.

luke grew from a boy to a man, confronted his father and restored the light in his family.

to think that both characters regressed so much in the last 30 years and actually plunged the galaxy into further darkness just didn't sit right me.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
@Chase Collins

1. the rain shows they arent at the same place at the same time...you can blame it on whatever you want, but it shows you're incorrect....

2. you said he turned to the dark side to reach his full potential, which is not why he turned...had nothing to do with his potential cause he didnt know his potential...and he didnt turn cause he was mishandled by the jedi...he turned cause he was manipulated by palpatine....

3. i said giving in to anger helps lead to the dark side, not righting wrongs....him killing vader wouldve been outta anger that wouldve been used by the emperor to get him to the dark side....him going after kylo/snoke outta anger wouldve done the same thing...

4. vader didnt show signs of redemption until he helped luke....only reason palpatine wanted luke dead is cause he resisted going to the dark side and didnt join him....it was either you with us or against us...

...so yea, have a good one...
1.) like I said before read my post again I never said he joined the dark side to reach his full potential I said that Palpatine helped him achieve his full potential and that is why Obiwan and Yoda stayed in hiding.

2.) Mace Windu killing Jangofett and Yoda facing off against Palpatine and Dooku was not out of anger but out of necessity. Luke does not have to be angry to go after his evil nephew. When he blew up the death star killing all of those empire soldiers was that out of anger or out of necessity?
3.) Whether Luke was at the temple or not it was out of character for him to let what Kylo did slide.
4.) Whether you want to acknowledge it or not vader was showing signs of redemption after he learned Luke was alive. That is why during the final showdown Luke took the opportunity to try and sway him back to the good side. He felt the change in Anikan. From Empire on he was not the same vader that would force choke his subordinates because they sneezed.

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
They'll probably give Finn some weird, dehumanizing, robotic get-up for the rest of the series.

Typical practice for black characters. They aren't allowed to have their own power, so give them some sort of machinery to make them stand out.

He is probably going to get possessed by Snoke somehow and used to lure a new and improved (as if she needed more power) Rey to the dark side.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
Karen Traviss spoke about that when she was asked about killing of Chewie and Anakin (Solo), and Jacen falling to the dark side and killing Luke's wife. She said that fans would become disinterested if the heroes kept riding off into the sunset, and if shyt didn't get real for them by experiencing any real tragedies.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Overall this movie was too simplistic and predictable.

Everyone knew Hans was gonna die at the bridge the moment he stepped on it. :francis:

How did he and Chewy found the craft in the dead of space?? Should I have just suspend my belief all the time? Too convient :francis:

Space nazi trope in full force (no pun intended) :francis:

Finn was too cowardly and a liar. He did all that for a chick thst wasnt feeling him. A Shea Lebuff character would run right to danger. He does all types of crazy shyt and gets the chick in the end. But John's character was a embarrassment himself. Classic example of a old plot device of chasing ww getting u killed. If he was white, Abrams wouldve let them kiss on screen. :francis:

Finn lied about where the weakpoint of the death ray just to see the girl again, (shelfish motive) amd wouldve caused hundreds of Resistance (how orginial :upsetfavre:) lives at stake. But the planned worked anyways?? . :mindblown:

Never seen a white character in a major motion picture have such poor character traits :francis:

Last edited: