Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
He was way better than anything christensen provided in the prequels. I dare you to watch episode ii after watching this :huhldup:
That's what I'm saying, I have a hard time watching 2 and 3 cuz of him.. I put up with 3 cuz of the powerful ending but for the most part would rather watch 1 cuz he ain't in it.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Why don't everybody know and believe in The Force in the movies?
Han Solo was like "wtf is the force" in New Hope. Dude was alive and kicking when the Jedi were going strong and he is smuggler and doesn't know the space police. Same with Finn and Rey. Its only been like 60 years since the Jedi got slaughtered, they protected everything for thousands of years and are somehow a myth already.

:patrice: Finn knew from the start who Luke was. Poe tells him he has to go back to Jakku to get the map from BB8 and Finn says something like "OH COME ON :damn:!". He doesn't know how shyt works (hence the dialog with Han at StarKiller Base) but he isn't oblivious to the fact that the Force is a thing.

Rey makes sense because she was left alone very young and any tale she heard from the Jedi was seen as a myth, not that big of a stretch.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Force Awakens stans killing this dude on twitter for articulating the problems with Rey. he is a screenwriter so he has some credibility.

just found out this dude father is the great John Landis.

Dude makes some valid valid points. I liked the movie but I don't think it will age well.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Movie was casual. Fight scenes were trash. Light saber fighting was weak.

Great pacing.

Some of the acting was corny as shyt, like the scenes between Han and Leia. :rolleyes: Pure trash. These old geriatric nikkas need to get the fukk off the screen. Han and Leia had zero screen chemistry and were better off fukkin with rey or boyega.

I think Boyega gotta be force sensitive. Why else would Kylo look at him as he walked by like :wtf: I see you over there.

Outside of that movie was a remixed star wars episode 4. Great expl0s1on at the end of the movie.

Overall, average.

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Dude makes some valid valid points. I liked the movie but I don't think it will age well.

Yes! Great commentary. This is everything I was thinking. She was too perfect, too fast. You can't master the Force in a duel in your first fight against an opponent who's been trained by a Jedi Master and has been using the force (and lightsaber) for years. Total Mary Sue. And it has nothing to do with sexism. If a guy had done that against Kylo, then that guy would be a Gary Stu. Victory must be earned or it must be made painfully clear that you won because blind luck.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was casual. Fight scenes were trash. Light saber fighting was weak.

Great pacing.

Some of the acting was corny as shyt, like the scenes between Han and Leia. :rolleyes: Pure trash. These old geriatric nikkas need to get the fukk off the screen. Han and Leia had zero screen chemistry and were better off fukkin with rey or boyega.

I think Boyega gotta be force sensitive. Why else would Kylo look at him as he walked by like :wtf: I see you over there.

Outside of that movie was a remixed star wars episode 4. Great expl0s1on at the end of the movie.

yeah han and leia dialogue between each other was bad im glad she didnt get much screen time, im sure she wont get much screen time in the sequels either. And sadly the corny acting is in all star wars movie but I find it to be more tolerable in this one

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
yeah han and leia dialogue between each other was bad im glad she didnt get much screen time, im sure she wont get much screen time in the sequels either. And sadly the corny acting is in all star wars movie but I find it to be more tolerable in this one
It was tolerable because it didnt last long. The closeups between those 2 running their mouths about nothing, jesus christ my eyes rolled to the back of my throat listening to that trash. THe use of imagery was Han was about to get MERKED was great though.

THere was some light,
shyt went red
Han Ate it
Then fell into the light. :russ:

I was entertained but there was really nothing original here. shyt was a straight up rehash of star wars.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
i keep saying you're incorrect cause you're wrong....figured after reading through the thread you wouldve realized the error in the shyt you were saying, but obviously not, so here you go:

- you're wrong about the vision rye had: kylo and luke didnt fight...the vision clearly shows them at the same place at different times....hell, the rain is the key indicator....it's raining when kylo is there, doing whatever he was doing; and it's not when luke is there viewing the aftermath of what he has done....
1.) If the rain being the key indicator that the were in the same place at different times then that is poor cinematography because the flames and destruction surrounded both of them.
- you're wrong about why vader turned to the dark side...he turned to the dark side cause palpatine manipulated his feelings about saving his girl... being the most powerful, reaching his full potential was never vader's driving force...
2.)read my post again I never said that was Vaders goal. I said that Palpatine was a better teacher than Obiwan and Yoda and that is true because in episode 4,5 and 6 Anakin was using abilites he never displayed under Obiwans tutelage.
- Vader turned to the Darkside because he was mishandled by the Jedi
- When Qui Gon presented him to the council in episode I the Jedi were dismissive of him because they did not belive in the prophecy of the chosen one. and they really didn't care for Qui Gon too much either. hence why he was not on the Council even though he was one of their most powerful.
-They make Anakin a padawan of Obiwan even though Obiwan is not a master and was only made a Jedi Knight out of pity. which further demonstrates the apprehension and lack of respect the Jedi had for him.
-Obi Wan was not finished with his training and was not qualified to even have a padawan.
-In Episode II Anakin kept having visions of his mother in pain and when he went to master Yoda about these visions, Yoda just brushed them off as a bad dream and belittled Anakins concern. It turned out those visions were not just a bad dream but the empathic cries of his mother being tortured to death by Tusken Raiders. He blamed himself and the Jedi for his mothers suffering.
-In Episode III he had more Visions but this time of Padme being in pain. and the only one who would listen to his concerns were senator Palpatine, who promised to teach him how to use the force to bring people back to life. this and the fact the Jedi tried to overthrow the Senate caused Anakin to turn on the Jedi, who never welcomed him in the first place.

- you're wrong about luke not turning to the dark side if he wouldve went after kylo, snoke , and punished them...that's the exact same reason he didnt kill vader: it wouldve turned him to the dark side cause he wouldve been giving in to anger, an emotion that fuels going to the dark side...
3.)Luke eliminating a threat to the Jedi order is not giving in to anger. if that were the case then the Death of Palpatine, Maul, Dooku and any other Sith Lord should be frowned upon. because according to you killing evil and righting wrongs is not the Jedi way?
:dahell: Vader showed signs of redemption Kylo Ren does not. Once Anakin found out Luke and Leia were alive he became less Violent and more docile as the movies progressed that is why Palpatine wanted Luke dead. So like I said please dont. .

Daps
Reppin
NYC
for those that approve where they took the story, i really need you to try and sell me on that because that is still the biggest thing preventing me from fully embracing this movie.

tell me why you thought robbing luke, han and leia of their happy ending was a good idea.

all opinions welcome.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Chase Collins

1. the rain shows they arent at the same place at the same time...you can blame it on whatever you want, but it shows you're incorrect....

2. you said he turned to the dark side to reach his full potential, which is not why he turned...had nothing to do with his potential cause he didnt know his potential...and he didnt turn cause he was mishandled by the jedi...he turned cause he was manipulated by palpatine....

3. i said giving in to anger helps lead to the dark side, not righting wrongs....him killing vader wouldve been outta anger that wouldve been used by the emperor to get him to the dark side....him going after kylo/snoke outta anger wouldve done the same thing...

4. vader didnt show signs of redemption until he helped luke....only reason palpatine wanted luke dead is cause he resisted going to the dark side and didnt join him....it was either you with us or against us...

...so yea, have a good one...

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
damn yall jedi council review kinda going in :patrice: and the thing is, they right tho :lupe:

talking about han's death and no emotional connection, the blowing up of 5 planets not really having an impact like the death star blowing up alderaan because they atleast built it up beforehand, etc

still enjoyable movie tho

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Yes! Great commentary. This is everything I was thinking. She was too perfect, too fast. You can't master the Force in a duel in your first fight against an opponent who's been trained by a Jedi Master and has been using the force (and lightsaber) for years. Total Mary Sue. And it has nothing to do with sexism. If a guy had done that against Kylo, then that guy would be a Gary Stu. Victory must be earned or it must be made painfully clear that you won because blind luck.

Well he did take a bowcaster shot to the gut. That gun was knocking folks to the wall so he had to be suffering from some major damage.

I do think it was garbage that she could do the mind trick and the force saber pull so easily.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
besides yaw over the top critical film school graduate analysis, this movie was very good accumulated $512 million in sales and the best movie of the year beating Age Of Ultron overrated ass.

but I STILL want to believe my nikka Finn is gonna be a jedi in episode VIII :mjcry: