Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

CHL

Superstar
Daps
so why wasnt the knights of ren shown except for those few seconds, and Kylo mask is bad ass and who is snoke and where was he act because he was just a hologram.
They will likely be much more featured in VIII

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Cleary Kylo is not super far in his training and probably since coming to the First Order has not got much in depth training which goes back to Snoke final words. I think thats why Rey and Finn were able to keep up with him. I hope they keep Kylo around for all 3 movies and I loved the nostalga

Also, he had just been shot by Chewbacca and seemed to be struglling with that injury.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
George had nothing to do with this movie at all breh. Plus his wife and kids are black. He advocates for us :takedat:
JJ Abrams was everything I thought he was just special effects?

You right you right. I forgot George wiffed up a dark chocolate braud :takedat:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
The Jedi numbered in the tens of thousands in a Galaxy of quadrillions. And they're prominent role in The Clone Wars to the rest of the Galaxy was not the case for much of their history.

They are close to gods in power. Surely word would spread and books (or something like that) written over a period of thousands of years.
Everybody in a prequels knew what a Jedi was, even children like Anakin.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I admit his skill was in his decision making and how aware he was.

However, he was literally running the entire film, until he realized that the good guys had a chance.
He was not running the whole movie x he stopped running at the cantina and came clean completely to Rey . And Rey also ran from her destiny . He didn't know the good guys had a chance smh he's the one who gave them the chance by telling them if they take out that building they can stop the starkiller .

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I admit his skill was in his decision making and how aware he was.

However, he was literally running the entire film, until he realized that the good guys had a chance.
He was not running the whole movie x he stopped running at the cantina and came clean completely to Rey . And Rey also ran from her destiny . He didn't know the good guys had a chance smh he's the one who gave them the chance by telling them if they take out that building they can stop the starkiller .

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You keep saying i'm incorrect but you have made no corrections. because there is nothing to correct. So yeah at this point please stop. Like Obiwan told Anakin don't do it because I have the highground.

i keep saying you're incorrect cause you're wrong....figured after reading through the thread you wouldve realized the error in the shyt you were saying, but obviously not, so here you go:

- you're wrong about the vision rye had: kylo and luke didnt fight...the vision clearly shows them at the same place at different times....hell, the rain is the key indicator....it's raining when kylo is there, doing whatever he was doing; and it's not when luke is there viewing the aftermath of what he has done....

- you're wrong about why vader turned to the dark side...he turned to the dark side cause palpatine manipulated his feelings about saving his girl... being the most powerful, reaching his full potential was never vader's driving force...

- you're wrong about luke not turning to the dark side if he wouldve went after kylo, snoke , and punished them...that's the exact same reason he didnt kill vader: it wouldve turned him to the dark side cause he wouldve been giving in to anger, an emotion that fuels going to the dark side...

....so like i said: you're wrong, and have been wrong....so just stop....

CHL

Superstar
Daps
They are close to gods in power. Surely word would spread and books (or something like that) written over a period of thousands of years.
Everybody in a prequels knew what a Jedi was, even children like Anakin.
Exactly. But since so few ever saw them, to many they are a myth or just exaggerated. Also communication technology isn't necessarily ideal between every planet in the galaxy like it may be between worlds in the Core.

And especially in the OT when literally no one in the galaxy has seen a Jedi in more than 20 years. By the ST, 50 years after, apart from some people in the Rebel Alliance who knew of Luke Skywalker.

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
On second viewing I have more respect for what they did with Finn. The films weaknesses are in the editing, the overly kinetic nature of the plot and lets just call it what it is, the third death star, was just lazy or rushed writing. They overpowered Rey and Han Solo's death was treated with a minimal amount of care and respect. Leia's character is the weakest of all the mains which is a combination of carrie fisher's personal issues and lazy writing. She would have been better of dead to be honest. Hopefully they do something effective with her in ep VIII because she took me out of the experience completely. The technical elements of the film are nearly perfect but some of the sound effects were a little off.

The film had it's brilliant moments. The opening act was well done and our introduction to Rey and her sad scavenger life was fantastic. Jakku felt familiar but different. She reminded me much more of Anakin than Luke. I liked the Cantina bar on Maz' planet and I can see some extended universe adventures centered around her bar. Tales from Maz' cantina is something I would read. Speaking of Maz, she was the Yoda of this film but brutally underused. I thought Poe was funny but also brutally underused. Kylo Started off with so much promise but once the mask came off it was hit and miss the rest of the way. Chewie was GREAT. Han was mostly great and carried the middle acts of the film but like I said his death was not given it's due and some of his dialogue, especially the space-talk and techno-jargon felt shoehorned in as fan service. I didn't like all the shaky cam. Abrams is kind of like a dog that you love. You know what you are going to get with him but he just has to mark his territory and it felt like some of the shots were just him marking his JJ territory. A little shot here, a little shot there. In general I thought it was well directed and tight but there was a certain inconsistency which came through certain parts.

Having Finn say "Droid please" was a despicable thing to do. It's not funny and that type of phrase is not part of the SWU lexicon. No one in the film made reference to Finn's race except himself and he did it regularly which I am sure was a decision that came from on high. Maybe the writers were trying to disarm people who were a little uncomfortable with the casting so make them laugh, relax them and then he can be one of the guys...? I don't know but I hope they get rid of that shyt in the next one because it isn't necessary. I thought the line where he told Rey he was in the resistance and "resistance fighters look like me... but some of them look different" was enough to get the point across in a funny way and people in the theater really laughed at that one. I think there may have been multiple cuts of Finn and in audience testing they settled on the one that was least threatening and most disarming as if they needed to get the viewer on his side.

Kylo was more interesting when masked. He had some good moments unmasked but he lost much of what makes him scary and mysterious after the second interrogation scene. I like that he was a vader fanboy but I think they underpowered him and will need to have him become much more menacing in future films or he will have been a wasted opportunity.

I think they overpowered Rey making her adept at everything she tried. She never really gets made a fool of. In fact, they almost used the moments of ineptitude of the male cast to boost her into godlike status. I also think this was a decision that came from Disney's stooge Kathleen Kennedy. The story is really about Rey, probably Luke's daughter which is lazy writing imo, finally leaving home and accepting her destiny but the characters of Finn. Han, Kylo Ren and Luke all had to suffer for it. Almost like a push in wrestling. Rey is the Face and Finn and Kylo became jobbers who help get her over.

The comedy was clever and made TFA feel more like the Original Trilogy instead of the overly serious Prequel Trilogy. BB-8 was very clever and believable as a druid with personality. The first half was much stronger than the second half because it felt new while the second half felt like nothing but fan service done well. The ending provides a nice cliffhanger although that last overhead shot circling Luke and Rey was another case of JJ marking his territory.

In all I enjoyed it and it felt more like Star Wars than any of the prequels but I can also say Ewan McGregor in any of the prequels was better than any of the cast in this film which says to me that although there alot of decent acting here, no one was brilliant. Maybe Daisey and Peter Mayhew were strongest, then Han and John Boyega in that order.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of yall are delusional. Sometimes you just gotta accept reality. Finn has no force. They had a million times in the movie where they could have teased him having some force. They didn't. Let it go. They did him dirty in this movie. Made him a coward, liar, and a buffoon at times. All that could have been forgiven though if let his character come full circle. But he never came into his own like the other characters. Never had a true hero moment and always needed to be saved. Didn't even get the girl at the end either. He went out like a chump.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is still in a coma for the majority of the next movie or the rest of the series. His character is pretty much not needed anymore now that the story has moved on to Rey and Luke. If they were gonna make him a hero.. it would have had to be in this film as it laid the groundwork for whats to come.

Overall this movie tried to get by on the nostalgia of the originals. Plot was the typical white female hero movie. The villian started off as a bad ass but ended the movie as a joke. How do you go from freezing laser blast in mid air to losing to someone who just learned she had some force a few hours ago? But this is Disney so the message is average white women can do anything. Surprisingly I wasnt really blown away by visuals and special effect like I though I would be. The light saber fights were pretty lame compared to the past movies as well.

5/10

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Also he tried to tell Rey when they were on the Falcon at one point.