Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
got out the movie theater an hour ago, you know we be late sometimes :troll: im bout to go through the whole thread tho. i kinda need this to beat jurassic world cause if we being cereal the hype on here didnt match the results to me, it was a B to me

low key same for mad max, prolly a B+, but i wasnt trying to get negged by the mad max stans on here so i had to keep quiet :troll:
:ufdup: for the valhalla slander

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Yeah, I was thinking that BB-8 showed his portion of the map first, and R2 awoke to show the other part of the map next. I was corrected by @Negrodamus of the order, so now I agree that it was Rey.

So how long ago did Ben Solo destroy the Jedi school? If we believe that Rey was once a student and she was very young when her parents left, Ben was still an adult when doing it. So let's say he's 30ish, 10 years ago? But if Rey is 20ish, wouldn't she have memories of her training? So maybe she had no training, but was still stashed away for the future.

No clue if it's still cannon, but Jedi can erase memories/wipe minds. The did that to Revan DA GAWD :patrice:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Yeah, I was thinking that BB-8 showed his portion of the map first, and R2 awoke to show the other part of the map next. I was corrected by @Negrodamus of the order, so now I agree that it was Rey.

So how long ago did Ben Solo destroy the Jedi school? If we believe that Rey was once a student and she was very young when her parents left, Ben was still an adult when doing it. So let's say he's 30ish, 10 years ago? But if Rey is 20ish, wouldn't she have memories of her training? So maybe she had no training, but was still stashed away for the future.
I dont think hes 30...i legit think they're twins. And either he ravaged the school as a youngling (:scust: @ that word) and she was too young to remember, or luke blocked that out of her mind after they seperated the two. I imagine its the latter.

Of course at this point we're making this shyt up

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
I dont think hes 30...i legit think they're twins. And either he ravaged the school as a youngling (:scust: @ that word) and she was too young to remember, or luke blocked that out of her mind after they seperated the two. I imagine its the latter.

Yeah this my thinking that they are twins, all the stuff with Han(:mjcry:) bonding with and offering her a job and the looks Leia gave her and the embrace at the end makes me think they are brother and sister. Which puts a different spin on the Luke/Leia arc from the OT.

Bout to see this again today

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Yeah this my thinking that they are twins, all the stuff with Han(:mjcry:) bonding with and offering her a job and the looks Leia gave her and the embrace at the end makes me think they are brother and sister. Which puts a different spin on the Luke/Leia arc from the OT.

Bout to see this again today
Twins run in the Skywalker family :shaq:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

But Luke has to be gone long enough for them to think something of him being missing, and Kylo had to turn long ago enough for Han to say "Eff this ish!" And if the visions are true, he went full (mostly) dark as an adult. Or.....

Here's a theory that no one has mentioned yet. Ben Solo was actually left in charge of the Jedi school while Luke went off to do whatever for some years. His knights are the star pupils that were influenced and some other Vader fanboys that joined up. So he was training them during day and being a gopher for Snoke until Snoke said it's time to get eliminate the school to have full power. When Luke finally returns, some time has passed...which is why he took it so hard. Maybe Luke sensed the dark side in him, and like an idiot, still left him in charge hoping that being around the youth would reduce the darkness in him. Luke guessed wrong.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I'm disappointed they tricked my ass in regards to Finn.

They obviously marketed him with the lightsaber so that we would go into the theater expecting to see the first Disney movie with a black hero.

Instead, we get the first Star Wars movie with a white female hero, the 1,000,000,000th Disney movie with a white female hero.

I'm hurt. They could have at least given him something, like Han in the OT.

Han had the Millenium Falcon, he had Chewie, he had Leia's love, and he had swagger. He was a deuteragonist in the OT, but Luke didn't overshadow him at every turn.

With the ST on the other hand, Rey is a genius-level mechanic, a better pilot than Han on her first try, a stronger jedi than Luke on her first try, and is a better fighter than Finn armed with nothing more than a stick.

Finn, on the other hand, is a character whose strongest impression on the audience is that he makes them laugh. Not exactly a pioneering role for a black character. In the end, he is left with nothing to do but lapse into a coma. At least Han saved Luke's life in the OT, first when they were destroying the Death Star in ANH, then on Hoth in ESB. Finn's failed attempts to save Rey are actually played as a running joke in TFA. Like 'ha, ha, joke's on you, Rey is too awesome to need saving by the likes of you'. That shyt is so annoying, and does nothing to endear me to her character.

At this point, I don't even want to reward Disney's deceptive marketing by paying to see the next movie. And I feel like it's going to be even worse than this one for Finn, a Peeta/Katniss situation where he pines hopelessly after the jedi girl while she treats him like a beloved pet.

I'm a woman btw so don't accuse me of being sexist for not liking Mary Sues.
oops i repped but i said breh, my bad brehette :pachaha: i dont think finn was as bad as it was looking like but the marketing was a big let down definitely. his character has tons of room for growth so lets hope disney does right by him and have him develop into something strong because the nonstop Ls were :martin: it is definitely looking like a katniss / black peeta aka simp lord space garbageman scenario but at least she seemed to reciprocate the feelings on several occasions. but i know the first thing he gonna do when he wakes up is gonna be like WHERE IS REY :damn: and gonna be spending half episode 8 looking for her :dame:

Unlike Hayden, Adam Driver captured someone in transition to the dark side much better. Vader turned over the course of a film, Kylo turned and is still struggling with it, and he thinks killing Han will be the thing that finally pushes him over the edge, the most difficult thing he can do. Dude is far from weak minded I think....i think dude literally has fukking problems...deep rooted emotional problems.
yeah i got worried for a second when him and han were on the bridge and driver was starting to tear up. i was afraid he was gonna be looking like hayden but he got the emotion just right with the facial expressions. wasnt over done. i was like :whew:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Here's a question.

Who separated Rey and her parents.

If I'm betting on anything I'm saying that Rey and kylo ren BOTH went to be trained by Luke, rey was exponentially more powerful and so luke, fearing the dark side he felt in ren, hid Rey on the most Podunk planet he could find...and was proven right to do so when kylo ren went to the dark side.
:mjlol:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Rey was a confusing character. I understand they wanna add mystery regarding her origins but they're so caught up in doing this that it weakens her character and it makes it hard for the audience to relate to her struggle and motivations because we have no idea where they're coming from. We're not emotionally invested in her fear of leaving Jakku because the film never bothers to explain how she got there and what connection she has to it. It's obvious that she's extremely capable at just about everything (being a pilot, being a Jedi, etc) which makes her fear and reluctance all the more confusing
I just got back from seeing it. Even though I liked this film overall, this part bothered me.

Last edited:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Yup the dude who's scared all the time only breaks out of a Star Destroyer knowing he could die doing it. Same for helping Poe get BB8 to the Resistance. Or come up with a plan to go BACK to Starkiller Base or make the choice to fight a sith in training.

Y'all think because someone has LOGICAL trepidation about things that makes them a coward. That's dumb. Dude is the equivalent of Edward Snowden on a galactic level.

But now he a coward for wanting to lay low and duck an invasion force he KNEW was coming (and he was right). :sas2:

And the nikka STILL came back to fight.
I admit his skill was in his decision making and how aware he was.

However, he was literally running the entire film, until he realized that the good guys had a chance.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
oops i repped but i said breh, my bad brehette :pachaha: i dont think finn was as bad as it was looking like but the marketing was a big let down definitely. his character has tons of room for growth so lets hope disney does right by him and have him develop into something strong because the nonstop Ls were :martin: it is definitely looking like a katniss / black peeta aka simp lord space garbageman scenario but at least she seemed to reciprocate the feelings on several occasions. but i know the first thing he gonna do when he wakes up is gonna be like WHERE IS REY :damn: and gonna be spending half episode 8 looking for her :dame:

yeah i got worried for a second when him and han were on the bridge and driver was starting to tear up. i was afraid he was gonna be looking like hayden but he got the emotion just right with the facial expressions. wasnt over done. i was like :whew:
Sadly enough Finn almost had no skills except being able to shoot and a garbage man?

Better yet, was George Lucas trolling black people? :jbhmm: