Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Here's a theory on who Finn really is that I'm surprised no one said yet........................................ Finn Windu?:shaq:

Mace died 19 years before the Battle of Yavin (Star Wars 4), so there could be a chance since Darth Maul survived being cutting in half; unlikely but who knows.

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She said that being as old as she is (over a thousand years old), she starts to recognize the look in people's eyes, and sees that Finn has the eyes of a man who is trying to run away from his problems.
Thanks. I was thinking she might have said something that would foreshadow something about his past that would clue us into what he might become later in the series, but I was wrong.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
The movie really only needed to do one major thing and that's be better than the prequels. Which it does with flying colors. It's a remix of a new hope with some bits of empire and tern of the Jedi thrown in but it works for the most part. I loved the characters and gave a damn about all of them, loved Kylo Ren and his struggle with the light side and wanting to be bad and how he took after his grandfather, and the little things the movie did. The world felt lived in, if felt dirty at times, and there wasn't a lot of exposition. Like the best Star Wars flicks, if just drops you in and you play catch up.

The relationship between Finn and Rey was very very cool and every scene they had together was awesome. And for a Star Wars movie, it was surprisingly really funny with good natural dialogue and exchanges, with Finn getting the funniest lines that are all in character. The two of them flying the falcon is probably my second favorite scene in the movie, the first being the final lightsaber battle. There was so much story and character told in both scenes which is exactly what should be happening.

It's not a perfect flick. The R2 thing was such a crutch, it doesn't feel like a complete movie as a new hope did, and there are clearly other things that happened just because the script said so. Rey really got a hold of those Jedi powers really really quickly lol. Even it being a remix of a new hope isn't exactly the most original thing ever. But it all works for the most part. Definitely the third best Star Wars flick and for a JJ Abrams flick, there are some subtle things in there that speak to themes of the movie. The first order having this all black motif as compared to the empire which had a combination of black and gray and different shades of gray. Which I feel speaks to Vader's struggle to be redeemed and saved while Kylo just wants to be evil and wants to block out all light.

And speaking of blocking out light, Han's death scene was awesome and had so much weight to it added by the blocking out of the sun Mr. Burns style.

It's such a fun movie and such a good time and I'm really excited about where it's going. BB-8 was adorable, 3P0 was annoying as usual, chewie was a boss, and Leia...well Leia could've done more but I get that it wasn't really her story.

And Rey is totally Luke's kid, right?
:salute:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Skywalkers and Solos are shytty parents lowkey

My biggest beef of all. Can't believe they took the story in the direction they did. Basically the skywalkers are just one giant dysfunctional family that curses the galaxy for generations.

lol of course leia would get knocked up by some dirtbag smuggler and raise a brat kid who grew up and killed everyone. Meanwhile Luke runs from his mistakes just like obi wan.

god damn skywalkers get your shyt together. :scust:

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
I think episode eight will be the best movie of the franchise. They will be forced to make creative decisions. No way to rehash old plotlines like this last one. They are gonna have to create something of their very own and i think they will nail it. They did a great job of making Rey a heroine that can hold her own.I expect big things from her in episode 8
I just hope that rumor of Anakin/Hayden Christensen returning to reprise his role in Episode VIII is false :scust:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Finn isn't even his real name
He was stolen from his family so he could be related to anyone
I'm sure when they reveal his father its gonna be like in ESB and a big surprise

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm curious as fukk about what people think of Obi Wan........ Them prequels didn't even show how cold and bold he was but some of that shyt showed how :ehh::jawalrus::skip:........ Obi Wan was cold with the force........ Never had a :comeon::francis: moment with Obi Wan............... I won't ask the Obi Wan/ Anakin questions but how strong was Obi Wan for real???? He's a better swordsman that Anakin or the likes of Darth Vader :francis:................ Was Obi Wan that cold with the Light Saber?? Seemed to show it with Darth Vader Anakin and Darth Maul...... How strong was Obi Wan with the force???? Only one man can explain :pachaha::huhldup:....... He trained Anakin/ Darth Vader then disappeared???? :leostare:........................... Doesn't matter Obi Wan was strong with the force... HOW????????????? :why::merchant:

Obi Wan was the best of both worlds. He wasn't as anal as the JO but he wasn't as wild as the common hoodlum. He was respected in both worlds, though. In my opinion, he was the inverse of Palpatine.