Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
One thing I'm kinda :comeon: about was how R2 just suddenly gets outta low power mode to further the plot.
Definitely had something to do with Rey being there. Which makes it seem like alot of this is by design. We can also theorize that Luke wanted to be found, maybe just not by the resistance.....

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The movie really only needed to do one major thing and that's be better than the prequels. Which it does with flying colors. It's a remix of a new hope with some bits of empire and tern of the Jedi thrown in but it works for the most part. I loved the characters and gave a damn about all of them, loved Kylo Ren and his struggle with the light side and wanting to be bad and how he took after his grandfather, and the little things the movie did. The world felt lived in, if felt dirty at times, and there wasn't a lot of exposition. Like the best Star Wars flicks, if just drops you in and you play catch up.

The relationship between Finn and Rey was very very cool and every scene they had together was awesome. And for a Star Wars movie, it was surprisingly really funny with good natural dialogue and exchanges, with Finn getting the funniest lines that are all in character. The two of them flying the falcon is probably my second favorite scene in the movie, the first being the final lightsaber battle. There was so much story and character told in both scenes which is exactly what should be happening.

It's not a perfect flick. The R2 thing was such a crutch, it doesn't feel like a complete movie as a new hope did, and there are clearly other things that happened just because the script said so. Rey really got a hold of those Jedi powers really really quickly lol. Even it being a remix of a new hope isn't exactly the most original thing ever. But it all works for the most part. Definitely the third best Star Wars flick and for a JJ Abrams flick, there are some subtle things in there that speak to themes of the movie. The first order having this all black motif as compared to the empire which had a combination of black and gray and different shades of gray. Which I feel speaks to Vader's struggle to be redeemed and saved while Kylo just wants to be evil and wants to block out all light.

And speaking of blocking out light, Han's death scene was awesome and had so much weight to it added by the blocking out of the sun Mr. Burns style.

It's such a fun movie and such a good time and I'm really excited about where it's going. BB-8 was adorable, 3P0 was annoying as usual, chewie was a boss, and Leia...well Leia could've done more but I get that it wasn't really her story.

And Rey is totally Luke's kid, right?

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
One thing I'm kinda :comeon: about was how R2 just suddenly gets outta low power mode to further the plot.
BB8 wanted to wake him up but faq ass C3PO didn't think R2 had the rest of the map (retarded thinking btw). I guess R2 was waiting for Rey to get to the base before rebooting.

If Luke tossed me into the bushes, and be stuck with C3PO for 30 years, I would power down as well.

Until that sweet, fine ass BB-8 rolled up with robo puss :myman:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Definitely had something to do with Rey being there. Which makes it seem like alot of this is by design. We can also theorize that Luke wanted to be found, maybe just not by the resistance.....

I agree and mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I think it was moreso the other part of the map appearing than Rey - Luke told R2 to power down until the other half was presented.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I'm kinda lost on this debate about Finn. :patrice:

He is clearly the new Han Solo.

Perhaps :troll:

dec6cd6583b87682a12bc71ecea05a05.jpg

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
I agree and mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I think it was moreso the other part of the map appearing than Rey - Luke told R2 to power down until the other half was presented.
True......but the other half of the map was there the whole time. Remember BB8 had it and he had already encountered R2. The only thing that was different when R2 turned on is that Rey was there for the first time