Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Daps
Reppin
NYC
i'll tell you i think my favorite part of the whole movie was in the beginning when finn awakens on the battlefield. at first it felt like just another storm trooper raid, been there done that. we never really thought to humanize a stormtrooper before. but that moment we switch perspectives, man... that was powerful. i was sold so, so hard.

kylo fukkin sensed it too, that was so sick. i thought he was gonna kill him right then and there.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm still geeking out they had matt parkman and the asian dude miles from lost make cameos:gladbron:

that star fighter sequence was amazing too...

Greg Grunberg is JJ's best friend. He gets him a job on everything he works on. He was even young James T Kirk's stepfather (voice) in Star Trek

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I need my nikka to come back and explain how this movie was better than Empire Strikes Back........ Originals are cool but I can only put this one above A New Hope........ I won't come in here trashing the prequels but what was your real problem with Revenge or the Sith???? And Attack of the Clones????? I know AOTC was pretty boring but how did or do you find TFA above Revenge of the Sith????? Again I know how the prequels come off but I didn't mind Revenge of the Sith at all and Attack of the Clones was only bad acting wise to me........ Maybe my mind refuses to see the other BS......

Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
(4) A New Hope/ The Force Awakens

Attack of the Clones

Phantom Menace :mjpls:
:aicmon::scusthov::camby::mindblown:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
i'll tell you i think my favorite part of the whole movie was in the beginning when finn awakens on the battlefield. at first it felt like just another storm trooper raid, been there done that. we never really thought to humanize a stormtrooper before. but that moment we switch perspectives, man... that was powerful. i was sold so, so hard.

kylo fukkin sensed it too, that was so sick. i thought he was gonna kill him right then and there.

This is why if he been in battles/killed before I think it would have added another layer to his character. Didn't think about it till I read this thread. Could also tap into his guilt, fears, regrets, etc. But they kept it safe...which is cool. It still worked. But man...imagine a better "soldier" that truly got tired of war and had a change of heart. Or at least wanted to abandon the shyt. See it happening in the world today. :yeshrug::ehh:

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
How this is 95% and Jurrasic World is 71%....

Now I liked this better than Jurrsasic World...but if somebody told me this movie was in the 70s as well...I would have believed it..

I hope this critical success doesn't change whatever Rian Johnson's vision is for the next one. Lets cut down on the jokes and get more serious. Especially since that one will be the "ESB" of our generation (I'm guessing story line wise)

Unfortunately, I don't think they'll tone down the jokes. That seems to be the way movies are made now. I wish they would keep all of the dialog serious, but give the comedic lines to C-3PO (and no slapstick for him).

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I need my nikka to come back and explain how this movie was better than Empire Strikes Back........ Originals are cool but I can only put this one above A New Hope........ I won't come in here trashing the prequels but what was your real problem with Revenge or the Sith???? And Attack of the Clones????? I know AOTC was pretty boring but how did or do you find TFA above Revenge of the Sith????? Again I know how the prequels come off but I didn't mind Revenge of the Sith at all and Attack of the Clones was only bad acting wise to me........ Maybe my mind refuses to see the other BS......

Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith
(4) A New Hope/ The Force Awakens

Attack of the Clones

Phantom Menace :mjpls:
:aicmon::scusthov::camby::mindblown:

Phantom Menace was so bad that it's mere presence made the two sequels worse movies because of it. Thats quite a feat. Disagree with you having ROTJ over ANH. But I must admit...I enjoyed the last prequel...ROTS.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Unfortunately, I don't think they'll tone down the jokes. That seems to be the way movies are made now. I wish they would keep all of the dialog serious, but give the comedic lines to C-3PO (and no slapstick for him).
Yeah they marvel-ized / bendis-ized the diolague a tad too much.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Phantom Menace was so bad that it's mere presence made the two sequels worse movies because of it. Thats quite a feat. Disagree with you having ROTJ over ANH. But I must admit...I enjoyed the last prequel...ROTS.

Then the Anakin and Padme shyt in Attack of the Clones just wasn't hittin........ I love ROTS but them first 2 lacked chemistry??? It was something about the first 2 that left something to be desired..... I became a fan after really watching AOTC on HBO back then so I'm just talkin shyt

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
This is why if been in battles/killed before I think it would have added another layer to his character. Didn't think about it till I read this thread. Could also tap into his guilt, fears, regrets, etc. But they kept it safe...which is cool. It still worked. But man...imagine a better "soldier" that truly got tired of war and had a change of heart. Or at least wanted to abandon the shyt. See it happening in the world today. :yeshrug::ehh:

:grootbanderas:

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Incredibly fake looking full cgi sets, and abhorrant diolague.

Lol hope you saw the movie but the realistic shyt with the Stormtroppers fukked me up for a second early in the movie......... Not sure if it's cuz I never gave a fukk about them EVER or I was mad about how clean they was.......... Good movie but it left A LOT to be DESIRED............. Them stormtroppers was clean as fukk......

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

:grootbanderas:

I'm saying though :wow:

It's the reason I bought his fears in the opening like @Kill Dat Noize was talking about. Its why I felt for him when he was just trying to leave (not be a hero). Cause he's seen enough and done enough violence in his short life. Also the sad looks he would give about deceiving them into thinking he's Resistance...and making him feel good for a short time. It's like he's trying to do right or at least appear to do right because he's ashamed. Can't quite come to grips with what he's done in the past so he'd rather run because of it. But alas it was undone the moment he said it was his first battle....

I wonder if that was the plan all along or did they change it later on :patrice:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is why if been in battles/killed before I think it would have added another layer to his character. Didn't think about it till I read this thread. Could also tap into his guilt, fears, regrets, etc. But they kept it safe...which is cool. It still worked. But man...imagine a better "soldier" that truly got tired of war and had a change of heart. Or at least wanted to abandon the shyt. See it happening in the world today. :yeshrug::ehh:

it's disney breh.

maybe if WB had star wars. Zach Snyder would have definitely made Finn into an ex commando with a mean streak and a 13 inch dikk :russ: