Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kylo is a dark side Skywalker...hell yeah. And he is just getting started and was raging the fukk out...he struck fear unseen since empire Vader
when he and that general guy, i dont know his name were talking to snoke that guy sonned him while recommending to use the weapon

ren lame in my opinion

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Even though I have problems with the character of Finn.

I gotta salute Boyega though. That role could have been brutal in the hands of another actor. He made it work on sheer talent and charisma. Cause I still don't believe JJ had a clear picture on what to do with him.

Kind of letdown by the villains as well. Hux, Phasma(sp) Snoke...were meh at best. Again...didn't need many scenes of them, but could have been handled much better.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This movie was good...maybe even very good. But I'm shocked this is 95% on RT.

I saw it today and watched Creed again afterwards. Creed was better :yeshrug:

All the new actors/characters are very good in their roles. However, they all would feel *off* at times :patrice:

Boyega reminded me of a young Will Smith....but if he was scary. It's like JJ didn't know how to handle that character. There were just too many cringe worthy moments. There was some very good scenes though. But it would then be offset with silliness. "Droid please" smh

I wanted him to be helping Rey take down Kylo. Not get taken out and then it allows Rey to have her "moment". I know Kylo isn't in his prime...but there was no reason for him to be dispatched that easy by a rookie.

Also Kylo needed the mask at all times imo. The only time he should have taken it off was for when he had his scene with Han. That would have been good enough. It also would have added more emotion for me.

Harrison Ford killed it.

Princess Leia was sadly cringeworthy.

I think the only REAL flaw of this movie. JJ Abrams.

Yes, he made the best movie since the originals. But I kept thinking that if this was in a better director's hands it would have been much better.

Still very good. 7.8 out of 10.

That's what we have ep 8 for.

Thank you rian johnson da gawd :blessed:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
8/10
Finn not being a jedi
Han solo dying and Rey destroying Kylo Ren just a couple of hours after she even realized she was force sensitive just after Ren was looking so badass in the first half ruined it from being 9.5/10

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
You know what I liked the movie too and you making some valid points:ohhh:

My issue with the movie is completely illogical though,I feel like they played the Finn character for a chump the majority of the movie :patrice:
No one trying to hear me though:yeshrug:. Its possible to like the movie an also be real about its deficiencies. But like superhero movies, star wars has crazy die hard fans so you have to what a few months or years until the hype dies down a little to have real convos about the movie. Right now everyone's too excited and rightfully so

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Ren's a punk walking around like a big man, who knows next to nothing about being a sith or even a Jedi for that matter. I hope they don't have us rooting for him later on, after the way he did in Han. If Rey turns out to be his cousin and can't do it, whose to say Finn won't kill him and save the galaxy.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This movie was good...maybe even very good. But I'm shocked this is 95% on RT.

I saw it today and watched Creed again afterwards. Creed was better :yeshrug:

All the new actors/characters are very good in their roles. However, they all would feel *off* at times :patrice:

Boyega reminded me of a young Will Smith....but if he was scary. It's like JJ didn't know how to handle that character. There were just too many cringe worthy moments. There was some very good scenes though. But it would then be offset with silliness. "Droid please" smh

I wanted him to be helping Rey take down Kylo. Not get taken out and then it allows Rey to have her "moment". I know Kylo isn't in his prime...but there was no reason for him to be dispatched that easy by a rookie.

Also Kylo needed the mask at all times imo. The only time he should have taken it off was for when he had his scene with Han. That would have been good enough. It also would have added more emotion for me.

Harrison Ford killed it.

Princess Leia was sadly cringeworthy.

I think the only REAL flaw of this movie. JJ Abrams.

Yes, he made the best movie since the originals. But I kept thinking that if this was in a better director's hands it would have been much better.

Still very good. 7.8 out of 10.
Yeah this movie is not worthy of a 95%. Lets be real everyone. It's a solid 75% give or take 5% but this movie aint 95% worthy. Still a Good flick

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Movie wasn't bad, I won't way Finn was on some tap dancing steeze like dudes were saying prior but it did suck to see them pull a Mad Max type bait and switch. Y'all see him being like another Han type or developing into something of its own?
Any word on the Role Lupita will play in star wars?

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Kylo is a dark side Skywalker...hell yeah. And he is just getting started and was raging the fukk out...he struck fear unseen since empire Vader
Nah man nah. Dude is a wannabe vader. After the first scene i thought he was about to be amazing. Then he got worse and worse until he just fell off after that asswhooping Rey laid on him :banderas: