Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh I still think it is Plageuis. Just not a 1:1 direct translation of Plagueis from the EU.
i hope so, he does have the facial injuries that plagueis received in his book. either way this film really has me excited for the future of star wars. sure people arnt happy about finn being a supporting actor but what do you really expect? this story is about the girl and im hoping her lightsaber ends up being a double edged one

:jbhmm:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I cant just not be critical fam:yeshrug:. Like i said I enjoyed the movie but im not just gonna give things a pass if i dont think it was well thought out:manny:. And lets not forget Anakin randomly being born is still a sore topi for a lot of star wars fans
You are right with that a lot of issues with the movie were addressed in side Material and that's something I don't like . Expanded on Finn and various activities since ROTJ IM letting it slide until episode 8 since they may address a lot of this stuff but who knows luke may be as big a part as Han was

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Who was the old guy that gave them the map at the beginning? Just a random guy?
Check the wookiipedia page (won't link on my phone) of Lor San Tekka. There is some more information that's been released on him.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Aye dont quote me with that. Im just using @23Stapscity words. Look at the post im responding too. I shouldve put it in randomly in quotes. I know how Plageuis manipulated the midichlorians to make anakin. My point was a lot of fans hate anything to do midichlorians
Lol I see.

IMO midichlorians in concept can be dope as an explanation. Prequels just could have executed it somewhat better

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I think episode eight will be the best movie of the franchise. They will be forced to make creative decisions. No way to rehash old plotlines like this last one. They are gonna have to create something of their very own and i think they will nail it. They did a great job of making Rey a heroine that can hold her own.I expect big things from her in episode 8

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I cant just not be critical fam:yeshrug:. Like i said I enjoyed the movie but im not just gonna give things a pass if i dont think it was well thought out:manny:. And lets not forget Anakin randomly being born is still a sore topic for a lot of star wars fans
You know what I liked the movie too and you making some valid points:ohhh:

My issue with the movie is completely illogical though,I feel like they played the Finn character for a chump the majority of the movie :patrice:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Rey reminds me of a Luke/Leia hybrid whereas I think Finn and Poe both have some Han Solo qualities and will likely be paired up together as a bromance while Rey is "occupied". The movie itself, I thought was great. May watch it again with the fam in fact.
A strong A bordering A+

I get the critcisms about Finns character but it didn't derail my appreciation of the film. He is Han Solo. Rey is Leia x Luke. He is a reluctant hero but he's definitely heroic. I am looking forward to him getting comfortable as a hero in the next chapters.

Yup. Glad i'm not the only one who thought this with the Luke/Leia/Han parallels.

I also agree with the rest of what you said, I completely understand the Finn criticisms but i see the glass half full side of it as well.

And more so, it's been hours now since i saw it earlier today and i'm even more impressed by the film. :ehh:

I'm legit hyped for the next episode.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This movie was good...maybe even very good. But I'm shocked this is 95% on RT.

I saw it today and watched Creed again afterwards. Creed was better :yeshrug:

All the new actors/characters are very good in their roles. However, they all would feel *off* at times :patrice:

Boyega reminded me of a young Will Smith....but if he was scary. It's like JJ didn't know how to handle that character. There were just too many cringe worthy moments. There was some very good scenes though. But it would then be offset with silliness. "Droid please" smh

I wanted him to be helping Rey take down Kylo. Not get taken out and then it allows Rey to have her "moment". I know Kylo isn't in his prime...but there was no reason for him to be dispatched that easy by a rookie.

Also Kylo needed the mask at all times imo. The only time he should have taken it off was for when he had his scene with Han. That would have been good enough. It also would have added more emotion for me.

Harrison Ford killed it.

Princess Leia was sadly cringeworthy.

I think the only REAL flaw of this movie. JJ Abrams.

Yes, he made the best movie since the originals. But I kept thinking that if this was in a better director's hands it would have been much better.

Still very good. 7.8 out of 10.