Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I knew it was over for Han when they panned out and showed the long ass bridge :sadcam: I knew somebody was taking a plunge and it wasn't young solo.

I was thinking during the movie that they followed ANH for a lot of the script, but it worked as far as introducing the characters and getting you invested in them. There wasn't this type of introduction or attachment for any of the characters in the prequels. Loved how they introduced the Falcon, everyone in the theater was like :gladbron:!

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I cant just not be critical fam:yeshrug:. Like i said I enjoyed the movie but im not just gonna give things a pass if i dont think it was well thought out:manny:. And lets not forget Anakin randomly being born is still a sore topic for a lot of star wars fans
Ahh "randomly born"? It was a result of Plageuis manipulation of the Force.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I was hoping snoke or whatever his name is was plagueis, they would of been better off doing that
Breh I still think it is Plageuis. Just not a 1:1 direct translation of Plagueis from the EU.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Top 3 flick in the franchise. Just saw it. Damn. They did great. Lots of thoughts. Just letting it sink in for a bit.

For those saying they badically re-did A New Hope, I can understand. But I also can't think of a better way to start a new trilogy and introduce a new generation of fans to the series while giving some fan service to the older audiences as well.

Did I miss something when Rey touched Luke's lightsaber and had those visions? I never understood anything about those visions? I'm guessing that comes later, or was there an explanation I missed?
It shows the Saber on Bespin, Mustafar and very briefly the Jedi Academy massacre with Kylo and the KOR, and someone moving Rey to Jakku.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
A strong A bordering A+

I get the critcisms about Finns character but it didn't derail my appreciation of the film. He is Han Solo. Rey is Leia x Luke. He is a reluctant hero but he's definitely heroic. I am looking forward to him getting comfortable as a hero in the next chapters.

Rip one of the GOAT film characters ever, Han solo.

The New droid was great, easily more entertaining than R2 or that p*ssy c3po.

Kylo Ten is my second favorite SW bad guy behind Vader and is just above dooku to me.

I'd rank them

• Empire
  • Force awakens
  • New hope
  • Rots
  • Jedi
  • ATOTC
  • PM
very excited for the next chapter and that is great storytelling.

Last edited:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Ahh "randomly born"? It was a result of Plageuis manipulation of the Force.
Aye dont quote me with that. Im just using @23Stapscity words. Look at the post im responding too. I shouldve put it in randomly in quotes. I know how Plageuis manipulated the midichlorians to make anakin. My point was a lot of fans hate anything to do midichlorians

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Personally I though Greivous was the worst along with Dooku lol :heh: Not that they were bad, just relative to others the worst. Kylo is going to be incredible :blessed:
Grievous killed a ton of jedi though was rocking all they lightsabers as trophies under his cape.

For someone with no force abilities that shyt was incredible.