Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
On another forum they're saying that Kylo "senses" Finn:jbhmm:

Not sure about that. I mean, he does sense him when they attack the village on the first scene. And later Snoke tells him "there's been an awakening" and Kylo responds by saying he has sense it too...

But then again, when there's talk about the fact that a traitor went away with Poe, Kylo immediately recognizes that it's Finn. So maybe what he "sensed" was Finn's desire to deflect the First Order, not something else.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Breh, it's 10 dollars. Just go see the movie. I never understand this waiting shyt. You gonna let a few people spoil the movie for you when it's at 95% on Rotten Tomatoes? Just go see it and judge it for yourself.

I can wait, I just watched 1-6 last week on Bluray and the clone wars mini series, I od'ed and dulled my hypeness for Force Awakens. That Episode 3 though in 7.1 was :ohmy:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Lol, I just got back from this movie and I really liked it, so reading these extremely negative responses are hilarious. I'm assuming ya'll just decided ya'll weren't gonna like it unless Finn was the reincarnated version of Shaft + Blade x X-men's Bishop huh?

First, let me get the Finn stuff out of the way since this is a black oriented site, so obviously our eyes were on him predominantly. I loved him. While I understand people's disappointment in him not being force sensitive or the bad ass we thought he would be, I'm actually not that bothered by it because he ended up being something else that I still liked: a nuanced combination of afraid but brave, charming and funny without coming off like a tap dancing c00n, and a damn good actor. The potential for where his character can go is rather expansive. I can see Po dying and passing the torch onto him as the leading captain of the resistance. I can see him perhaps becoming a Jedi. I can see him being a bit of free agent. I don't know, but I'm intrigued. People got most hyped when Rey got the light saber, but I was most pumped when Finn was using it.

While I was expecting Kylo to be a more traditional villain, I was pleasantly surprised to see he was far more layered than that. The actor did a REALLY GOOD job of displaying that torment, confusion, and pain. He was equally convincing with the mask on as a bad ass and off as a scared, unhinged young man. Excellent job and one of the better villains IMO.

Rey was great and I love her chemistry with Finn. She's a believable protagonist and I look forward to seeing where she goes. With that said, I agree with those that said they went too far out of their way to hide her origins. Because it's obvious to me and most others that she is the daughter of Luke Skywalker, I don't see why they couldn't just reveal that fact. They had several opportunities to during the many off screen conversations about her. When Leia and Han were talking, they could have said something like "we're gonna bring our son back, and Luke's kid, too." and then BOOM. Done, and her Skywalker lineage being revealed would make her prodigious talent with the force make perfect sense. Anyway, she was dope. I've grown numb to most basic white female protagonists, so for me to have enjoyed her says a lot about her performance.

Han was of course dope and all about the nostalgia. I personally don't believe hes dead at all. What about you guys? I'm thinking he might have activated a parachute when falling or some shyt. That death felt really "fake out"-ish to me. And I believe if Kylo is to return to the side of light (which I predict), killing his father IMO is a point of no return. Leia was good, and Luke's cameo was on point. Looking forward to him being explored in the next one.

Oh, and Po was great too. Really likeable, and I look forward to seeing the actor's portrayal of Apocalypse.

Pros

- Great action scenes including space ship fights and light saber duels
- Fun dialogue that is nowhere near as corny as the prequel stuff
- Great acting from the young ones and they are allowed time to shine rather than be in the shadows of the OGs
- Well worth an IMAX 3D experience
- Brisk pace. Fits a lot into its 2 hour and 15 minute time frame.
- Fin isn't what I expected or wanted, but I got something I still enjoyed very much. As a guy who is very pro-black and sensitive towards how we are portrayed, I wasn't offended by anything he did at all sans falling for ol' Becky Sue :russ:
- The movie is flat out just a fun time.

Cons

- It DID feel a lot like a retelling of A New Hope, which is a little disappointing, but it improved on a great formula, so I can't be too mad
- Would have been nice to get a LITTLE more from Luke Skywalker
- Wish we got more insight into who Snoke is, but I'm guessing he's supposed to be a Sith and Kylo his apprentice, right?
- Who's the General guy? What's his story? He spoke to Kylo as an equal and not a subordinate, so I'm interested to see what his pull is.

Overall score is an 8.5/10 for me

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have quite a few gripes with the movie.

1. Captain Phasma literally did nothing except get kidnapped. I thought she was going to be this cool super storm trooper but shes just a authority figure.
2. I hate the idea that Finn is just a stormtrooper with a change of heart. I thought these dudes were trained/brainwashed at a young age to have ultimate allegiance to the first order. How does Finn make it through all of his training without disobeying but then when it comes to his first mission he just decides "This is wrong I don't want to hurt people." But then turns around and starts murking all the dudes he's lived and trained with for the past 15 years...:what:
3. Nothing is explained and its very confusing. The opening crawl said the First Order's mission was to destroy Luke, but then in the movie Hux says its to destroy The Republic. What's the role of The Resistance in all this? Hux said the The Republic finances The Resistance or something so are we to believe that The Resistance is not officially apart of The Republic but more of a underground militia doing Black Ops missions. In ANH The Galactic Empire was made to bring order to the Galaxy, albeit under an iron fist but order was still its goal. I'm not sure what the First Order's goal is.
4. I thought I had a pretty good idea of what the force was and what it was capable of but with this movie idk what to think anymore. So Kylo can stop a blaster shot in mid-air with ease?!? I didn't know the force could do that and if it could i would of thought only the most trained and skilled would be able to pull something like that off. Yet Rey, someone who just found out she has the force, whooped his ass at the end. Just a lot of inconsistencies of the force have arrived with this movie.
5. What was the awakening Snoke was talking about? At that point in the movie Rey had not tapped into her force powers yet. Was he talking about something else.

I feel like one of the main reasons a lot of spoiler type speculation was never confirmed was not because disney did a good job at securing it but that non of the speculation could even be answered with this movie. Finn and Rey still don't have a last name. We still don't know if Snoke is also Plagueis. We don't know if Finn or Poe are force sensitive or if Rey will be trained to become a Jedi. Why don't know why Luke basically said "fukk the world" and vanished while kylo is still out there causing havoc. C3PO's arm. That person in the black hood putting their hand on R2D2 hasnt been confirmed if even that is Luke or not. And we still don't know what the Knights of Ren are but Kylo is the last one, which is lame.

They left too much out of the movie. For a world we are being reintroduced to 30 years later they focused too much on Finn,Rey, and finding Luke and not much time reintroducing us to the world that is very different from when we left it. I'm guessing they just plan on explaining most of it in the novels. comic and games... But it left me not knowing the full gravity of what was happening in front of me. Like the Repub planets blowing up, idk what the repub even is at this point. The resistance blowing up starkiller base, how long have they been trying to destroy it? How many other planets has it destroyed? what was the impact of it being gone for the resistance and the first order?

Why is Luke the key to saving the galaxy when he himself decided to the leave the world behind. I'm not looking for answers but it just seems like none of this stuff was even glanced at in the movie.

My final thought are the it was a well made movie, but the story was lacking.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
People seem to forget Finn was a Stormtrooper who defected... I dont expect him to be a full jedi.. HELL in the trailer you can see the fear in his face when he's holding the lightsabre...

He's all over the place until he finds his direction... He was mind programmed by the empire... he defects... meets jedi and stuff... hears the stories are real .. but does he believe Han or his empire teachings.... Its natural he's conflicted... He should be good mid way ep 8... well after he wakes up anyway

And its obvious Rey is Han's other child/ Kylo's sister... They probably save that reveil for mid way ep 8 when Luke's training her and its not working... He'll call to Leia like your daughter isnt focused.. im gonna tell her the truth .. yadda ya ..

I disagree. I feel if she was the other daughter, they would have said so during their dialogue. My opinion is that Rey is their niece. Han offers her a job on the ship, and to me that kindness stems from him knowing that she's extended family. Leia treats her with the same warmth - like an aunt would IMO.

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
iJOiVhq.jpg
Lol, I just got back from this movie and I really liked it, so reading these extremely negative responses are hilarious. I'm assuming ya'll just decided ya'll weren't gonna like it unless Finn was the reincarnated version of Shaft + Blade x X-men's Bishop huh?

First, let me get the Finn stuff out of the way since this is a black oriented site, so obviously our eyes were on him predominantly. I loved him. While I understand people's disappointment in him not being force sensitive or the bad ass we thought he would be, I'm actually not that bothered by it because he ended up being something else that I still liked: a nuanced combination of afraid but brave, charming and funny without coming off like a tap dancing c00n, and a damn good actor. The potential for where his character can go is rather expansive. I can see Po dying and passing the torch onto him as the leading captain of the resistance. I can see him perhaps becoming a Jedi. I can see him being a bit of free agent. I don't know, but I'm intrigued. People got most hyped when Rey got the light saber, but I was most pumped when Finn was using it.

While I was expecting Kylo to be a more traditional villain, I was pleasantly surprised to see he was far more layered than that. The actor did a REALLY GOOD job of displaying that torment, confusion, and pain. He was equally convincing with the mask on as a bad ass and off as a scared, unhinged young man. Excellent job and one of the better villains IMO.

Rey was great and I love her chemistry with Finn. She's a believable protagonist and I look forward to seeing where she goes. With that said, I agree with those that said they went too far out of their way to hide her origins. Because it's obvious to me and most others that she is the daughter of Luke Skywalker, I don't see why they couldn't just reveal that fact. They had several opportunities to during the many off screen conversations about her. When Leia and Han were talking, they could have said something like "we're gonna bring our son back, and Luke's kid, too." and then BOOM. Done, and her Skywalker lineage being revealed would make her prodigious talent with the force make perfect sense. Anyway, she was dope. I've grown numb to most basic white female protagonists, so for me to have enjoyed her says a lot about her performance.

Han was of course dope and all about the nostalgia. I personally don't believe hes dead at all. What about you guys? I'm thinking he might have activated a parachute when falling or some shyt. That death felt really "fake out"-ish to me. And I believe if Kylo is to return to the side of light (which I predict), killing his father IMO is a point of no return. Leia was good, and Luke's cameo was on point. Looking forward to him being explored in the next one.

Oh, and Po was great too. Really likeable, and I look forward to seeing the actor's portrayal of Apocalypse.

Pros

- Great action scenes including space ship fights and light saber duels
- Fun dialogue that is nowhere near as corny as the prequel stuff
- Great acting from the young ones and they are allowed time to shine rather than be in the shadows of the OGs
- Well worth an IMAX 3D experience
- Brisk pace. Fits a lot into its 2 hour and 15 minute time frame.
- Fin isn't what I expected or wanted, but I got something I still enjoyed very much. As a guy who is very pro-black and sensitive towards how we are portrayed, I wasn't offended by anything he did at all sans falling for ol' Becky Sue :russ:
- The movie is flat out just a fun time.

Cons

- It DID feel a lot like a retelling of A New Hope, which is a little disappointing, but it improved on a great formula, so I can't be too mad
- Would have been nice to get a LITTLE more from Luke Skywalker
- Wish we got more insight into who Snoke is, but I'm guessing he's supposed to be a Sith and Kylo his apprentice, right?
- Who's the General guy? What's his story? He spoke to Kylo as an equal and not a subordinate, so I'm interested to see what his pull is.

Overall score is an 8.5/10 for me

ee7fA37.jpg

some info on Hux.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Reposted from the other thread since I initially missed this:

I think I'm one of the older cats on here and I can honestly say Han getting murked hurt me more than when Optimus died. I thought Ren was gonna toss him off that bridge but when he start talking I let my guard down and they hit me with that sucker punch. Was not expecting that shyt.

On another note....Ren was a bytch. Hux would've had 1 chance to pop off at the mouth like that to Vader. Plus he got whooped by 2 rookies. nikka was a clown. And he look like a damn pissed off high school kid without that damn helmet.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reposted from the other thread since I initially missed this:

I think I'm one of the older cats on here and I can honestly say Han getting murked hurt me more than when Optimus died. I thought Ren was gonna toss him off that bridge but when he start talking I let my guard down and they hit me with that sucker punch. Was not expecting that shyt.

On another note....Ren was a bytch. Hux would've had 1 chance to pop off at the mouth like that to Vader. Plus he got whooped by 2 rookies. nikka was a clown. And he look like a damn pissed off high school kid without that damn helmet.

I think the scene where Kylo kills Han would of had a ton more weight if he said "Thank you, Father." Instead of just "Thank You." Mainly due to the fact that during the whole movie Kylo only referred to him as Han Solo and by finally acknowledging Han as his father one last time it would show that no matter how evil Kylo was Ben was still in there somewhere.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Yall complaining about Finn got to let the trilogy build. He gonna end up being mad nice watch...

On a side note, do the Jedi get more p[powerful with each generation?

Luke Skywalker was training with Yoda for mad months and he could barely lift a stone with his mind...Yoda was a his boiling point training Luke the Gawd...

Rey has no training and took that lightsaber straight from Kylo Ren's cold dead fingers :russ::russ::russ:, Imagine what this b1tch will do once Luke puts her through his perosnal boot camp yo.... She is already nicer with the Force than Kylo:wow:

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lets talk about Luke one sec, somebody tell me why he was just chilling on that planet by himself. He wasn't in hiding at all, there's a map going around with his location. Was he on some "come and get me shyt"? When Rey shows up he's not even in a rush to see who it is. Are we assuming he's unfukwitable at this point? If so, how'd he lose to a newb like Kylo when he has a whole crew of Jedi with him?

Considering the none canon fukk shyt Luke was pulling off, I can't wait to see what's gonna happen in these next ones. Kylo showed some raw shyt with the force, were in the prequels all they really did is throw shyt at each other.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Lets talk about Luke one sec, somebody tell me why he was just chilling on that planet by himself. He wasn't in hiding at all, there's a map going around with his location. Was he on some "come and get me shyt"? When Rey shows up he's not even in a rush to see who it is. Are we assuming he's unfukwitable at this point? If so, how'd he lose to a newb like Kylo when he has a whole crew of Jedi with him?

Considering the none canon fukk shyt Luke was pulling off, I can't wait to see what's gonna happen in these next ones. Kylo showed some raw shyt with the force, were in the prequels all they really did is throw shyt at each other.
Kylo (and presumably the rest of KOR) betrayed and massacred the Jedi students (and anyone else there) while Luke was gone.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I disagree. I feel if she was the other daughter, they would have said so during their dialogue. My opinion is that Rey is their niece. Han offers her a job on the ship, and to me that kindness stems from him knowing that she's extended family. Leia treats her with the same warmth - like an aunt would IMO.

Yea.. but we didnt know Luke and Leia were siblings until the 3rd film... Shyt.. in ANH Luke had a crush on Leia and was salty she liked Han..

The only reason I dont think Rey is Luke's daughter is because Han/Leia was the only relationship back then... Luke was a virgin... and with the way Luke was in ROTJ and his "exile" .. I just feel Rey is not his...

Deep down I hope Rey joins Kyle .. and Luke has to kill them both in ep9 only for leia to step in