Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Delusional Finn haters entering this thread as well :scust:

Thoughts on who the Knights Of Ren are? And what Kylo being the "master of KOR" may indicate for who they are?

Could Snoke still be Plageuis?

Which planet will the New Republic move their capital to after the Starkkiller base attack? Given that their forces are "a fraction of the Clone Wars era Republic", how will they respond?

Is Luke a grey Jedi?

Is the force awakening in Finn?

How powerful is Kylo Ren? The last fight didn't give the best indication.
Will Kylo receive a Darth title in Episode 8?

Did Rey have prior training?

Is the First Order based in the Unknown Regions?

Will Lando be in Episode 8?

Last edited:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Thoughts on who the Knights Of Ren are? And what Kylo being the "master of KOR" may indicate for who they are?

Could Snoke still be Plageuis?

Which planet will the New Republic move their capital to after the Starkkiller base attack? Given that their forces are "a fraction of the Clone Wars era Republic", how will they respond?

Is Luke a grey Jedi?

Is the force awakening in Finn?

How powerful is Kylo Ren? The last fight didn't give the best indication.
Will Kylo receive a Darth title in Episode 8?

Did Rey have prior training?

Will Lando be in Episode 8?
Nah it's mentioned in the previous film the Plageuis was killed by his apprentice (Palpatine)

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
Kylo looks to very powerful and has a good knowledge of the force. But he's undecided on what path he really wants to follow. He says he moving to the Light but needs Vader's guidence and a sign.

As for Plageuis Kylo did say he was "Wise". That can be a hint but who knows?

Rey looks to have good combat skills with her staff.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm disappointed they tricked my ass in regards to Finn.

They obviously marketed him with the lightsaber so that we would go into the theater expecting to see the first Disney movie with a black hero.

Instead, we get the first Star Wars movie with a white female hero, the 1,000,000,000th Disney movie with a white female hero.

I'm hurt. They could have at least given him something, like Han in the OT.

Han had the Millenium Falcon, he had Chewie, he had Leia's love, and he had swagger. He was a deuteragonist in the OT, but Luke didn't overshadow him at every turn.

With the ST on the other hand, Rey is a genius-level mechanic, a better pilot than Han on her first try, a stronger jedi than Luke on her first try, and is a better fighter than Finn armed with nothing more than a stick.

Finn, on the other hand, is a character whose strongest impression on the audience is that he makes them laugh. Not exactly a pioneering role for a black character. In the end, he is left with nothing to do but lapse into a coma. At least Han saved Luke's life in the OT, first when they were destroying the Death Star in ANH, then on Hoth in ESB. Finn's failed attempts to save Rey are actually played as a running joke in TFA. Like 'ha, ha, joke's on you, Rey is too awesome to need saving by the likes of you'. That shyt is so annoying, and does nothing to endear me to her character.

At this point, I don't even want to reward Disney's deceptive marketing by paying to see the next movie. And I feel like it's going to be even worse than this one for Finn, a Peeta/Katniss situation where he pines hopelessly after the jedi girl while she treats him like a beloved pet.

I'm a woman btw so don't accuse me of being sexist for not liking Mary Sues.

the nikka fought kylo ren for 2 seconds and got ate up with the quickness. smdh. i was ready to walk out that bish after that happened.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm disappointed they tricked my ass in regards to Finn.

They obviously marketed him with the lightsaber so that we would go into the theater expecting to see the first Disney movie with a black hero.

Instead, we get the first Star Wars movie with a white female hero, the 1,000,000,000th Disney movie with a white female hero.

I'm hurt. They could have at least given him something, like Han in the OT.

Han had the Millenium Falcon, he had Chewie, he had Leia's love, and he had swagger. He was a deuteragonist in the OT, but Luke didn't overshadow him at every turn.

With the ST on the other hand, Rey is a genius-level mechanic, a better pilot than Han on her first try, a stronger jedi than Luke on her first try, and is a better fighter than Finn armed with nothing more than a stick.

Finn, on the other hand, is a character whose strongest impression on the audience is that he makes them laugh. Not exactly a pioneering role for a black character. In the end, he is left with nothing to do but lapse into a coma. At least Han saved Luke's life in the OT, first when they were destroying the Death Star in ANH, then on Hoth in ESB. Finn's failed attempts to save Rey are actually played as a running joke in TFA. Like 'ha, ha, joke's on you, Rey is too awesome to need saving by the likes of you'. That shyt is so annoying, and does nothing to endear me to her character.

At this point, I don't even want to reward Disney's deceptive marketing by paying to see the next movie. And I feel like it's going to be even worse than this one for Finn, a Peeta/Katniss situation where he pines hopelessly after the jedi girl while she treats him like a beloved pet.

I'm a woman btw so don't accuse me of being sexist for not liking Mary Sues.

This 1000000000000000%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doublex

Pro
Daps

I hope you're not calling me a "Finn hater".

The only reason I'm posting about this here is because on every other Star Wars thread/forum on the internet, racist trolls are gleefully making fun of Finn. I don't want to see that shyt. I thought this might be the one place to talk about his character honestly, without being shouted down by white people every time you try to point out what disappoints you as a black cinemagoer.

Not only am I allowed to be disappointed, I'm allowed to be pissed at Disney for setting me up to be disappointed. I really thought I was going to get to take my little cousin to this movie and show him a black man as the hero on the big screen. Not the comic relief sidekick. AGAIN.

Last edited:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
awful movie

I'd be much happier if they called it a remake/reboot of a new hope

you idiots eating this lazy shyt up are allowing hollywood to take the easy route on movies

hate the prequels all you want at least they didn't give you the exact same movie

:mjlol: george lucas is that you!?

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
can we talk about this though!? why'd they use Lupita for this?

star-wars-7-lupita-nyongo-maz-kanata.jpg

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Had mixed feelings about Kylo killing Han. Ballsy move but since I knew next to nothing about how their relationship was or why Ren turned it didn't really have the emotional impact that it could have
I assuming now that since that happened that Han Solo's origins movie will be more about him: becoming a anti-hero badass, meeting Chewbacca, his friendship with Lando and winning the Millenium Falcon from him, and him first working with Jabba the Hut then pissing him off making a enemy to him... but they now will also show some insight of Han and Kylo's relationship :jbhmm: makes me want to see the Han's origins movie even more in a sense.