Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think the biggest problem with the movie in the timelapse from ROTJ to this is a small explanation on why the First Order is as powerful as it is. Like I understand the Empire was so widespread throughout the galaxy that they didn't just all lay down after ROTJ but this definitely felt like the status quo hadn't changed at all, and the balance should've been more favorable to the Republic/Resistance, at least until the destruction of the Republic by Starkiller Base.

Regime change turned the rest of the system into a caliphate :troll:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
He didn't just "randomly" gain a conscience. He saw a village get gunned down in cold blood and decided he wanted no part of that. It was his first combat mission as well so it's not like he's been seeing this shyt time and time again and decided enough was enough.

He's not a robot. Just because he was "raised" to do something doesn't mean mentally he's gonna agree with it. He acknowledged that he was taken away as a kid to do this so it's not like he chose this life. And I'm sure he has all plenty of issues killing his former "allies". He spent a good part of the movie wanting to stay away from them AND the First Order.

I'm sure there were good natured Nazi's too. These are humans with emotions. You think they're 100% serious 24/7? And the concept of him being free was groundbreaking to him. He wanted a whole new life. "I'm not going back to them [First Order]". You're basically wanting him to be some emotionless dude who followed orders. And if that happened, he wouldn't have broken Poe out, wouldn't have met Rey; the whole plot would've been nonexistent.
IDK about you but when i think of soldiers conditioned from adolescence I think of stuff like this

s1_18.jpg

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IDK about you but when i think of soldiers conditioned from adolescence I think of stuff like this

s1_18.jpg

Breh that's fine but one this isn't real life this is a galaxy where magic mind readers exist and technology to blow up planets by draining the sun. We don't see the training or anything and we got to take it on faith that Finn was never evil and who knows maybe the universe positioned him to start the events like how anakin was randomly born . Stop over thinking it @Box Cutta I forget where those Links with the book is

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Top 3 flick in the franchise. Just saw it. Damn. They did great. Lots of thoughts. Just letting it sink in for a bit.

For those saying they badically re-did A New Hope, I can understand. But I also can't think of a better way to start a new trilogy and introduce a new generation of fans to the series while giving some fan service to the older audiences as well.

Did I miss something when Rey touched Luke's lightsaber and had those visions? I never understood anything about those visions? I'm guessing that comes later, or was there an explanation I missed?

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Breh that's fine but one this isn't real life this is a galaxy where magic mind readers exist and technology to blow up planets by draining the sun. We don't see the training or anything and we got to take it on faith that Finn was never evil and who knows maybe the universe positioned him to start the events like how anakin was randomly born . Stop over thinking it @Box Cutta I forget where those Links with the book is
I cant just not be critical fam:yeshrug:. Like i said I enjoyed the movie but im not just gonna give things a pass if i dont think it was well thought out:manny:. And lets not forget Anakin randomly being born is still a sore topic for a lot of star wars fans

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Is Leia the only non-naive Skywalker? Anakin had the JO and Palpatine in his head, then later as Sidious. Luke had Ben all up in his head, lying to him, admitting he's lying then STILL had Luke following him on some damn foolish crusade. Now, Ben Solo got Snoke all up in his head. These are some weak minded fools. Uncle Owen was right to be afraid.

Skywalker blood too emotional.:mjlol:

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
Kylo ren is weak azz fuk

Getting son'd by 2 novices
Dude is legit with the force.

He was injured and just killed his daddy.

I'm sure dude will be OP next time, since he will complete his training.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
From where? Link breh
just a rumor on the blu-ray.com forums breh. others had speculated early May to coincide with star wars day. but apparently some australian site says late april. we'll see though disney has been taking 5-6 months on home releases lately while other companies are doing like 3 months or less

as far as pre-ordering it all retailers have it up.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Agreed.
TFA because Kylo
images
easily best villain since General Grievous
images
Personally I though Greivous was the worst along with Dooku lol :heh: Not that they were bad, just relative to others the worst. Kylo is going to be incredible :blessed: