Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The fact that Kylo removed his mask and you get to see how vulnerable he is... You have to be expecting a face turn from him...

He don't know no better, Darth Plaguies is in his head.

Is Leia the only non-naive Skywalker? Anakin had the JO and Palpatine in his head, then later as Sidious. Luke had Ben all up in his head, lying to him, admitting he's lying then STILL had Luke following him on some damn foolish crusade. Now, Ben Solo got Snoke all up in his head. These are some weak minded fools. Uncle Owen was right to be afraid.

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
The more I think about Finns character the more I have a problem with him. And it's got nothing to do with race or the fact that he's probably not gonna be a Jedi.

Finn is a storm trooper raised from infancy. At the very least 20 years of mental conditioning. Homie doesn't even have a name. Only knows what the first order has trained into him. A brain washed soldier. All of a sudden for the first time ever a storm trooper randomly gains a conscience about what they do. Deus ex machina IMO. That just doesn't happen. Not like that.

This is a supposed soldier who was raised to kill. Not only does he defect but has zero issues with killing his former allies. Dudes he legitimately grew up with. It goes from in the very beginning him being shook that his fellow storm trooper got murked next to him ( honestly looked like it could've been a friend of his) to killing storm troopers without batting an eye.

Another problem I have with Finn is his personality. For a storm trooper trained and conditioned from birth to kill he has a pretty plucky and fun personality. Just doesn't fit with the facts of what he is. This dude is someone who should be struggling with the idea of what fun or free will is. Not someone cracking jokes every scene. Unless I got the wrong impression of the first order, they don't seem like a group that foster an environment conducive to soldiers with fun loving personalities. The concept of being free should've even been ground breaking to him.

Honestly I like Finn. I thought he was funny and tried his best but when I consider he is a storm trooper who randomly defected nothing fits. His personality nor his actions fits that of a child raised to be a soldier by an evil space nazi like terror group. That's just my opinion :manny:
It's called "The Force Awakens" for a reason breh

CHL

Superstar
Daps
The more I think about Finns character the more I have a problem with him. And it's got nothing to do with race or the fact that he's probably not gonna be a Jedi.

Finn is a storm trooper raised from infancy. At the very least 20 years of mental conditioning. Homie doesn't even have a name. Only knows what the first order has trained into him. A brain washed soldier. All of a sudden for the first time ever a storm trooper randomly gains a conscience about what they do. Deus ex machina IMO. That just doesn't happen. Not like that.

This is a supposed soldier who was raised to kill. Not only does he defect but has zero issues with killing his former allies. Dudes he legitimately grew up with. It goes from in the very beginning him being shook that his fellow storm trooper got murked next to him ( honestly looked like it could've been a friend of his) to killing storm troopers without batting an eye.

Another problem I have with Finn is his personality. For a storm trooper trained and conditioned from birth to kill he has a pretty plucky and fun personality. Just doesn't fit with the facts of what he is. This dude is someone who should be struggling with the idea of what fun or free will is. Not someone cracking jokes every scene. Unless I got the wrong impression of the first order, they don't seem like a group that foster an environment conducive to soldiers with fun loving personalities. The concept of being free should've even been ground breaking to him.

Honestly I like Finn. I thought he was funny and tried his best but when I consider he is a storm trooper who randomly defected nothing fits. His personality nor his actions fits that of a child raised to be a soldier by an evil space nazi like terror group. That's just my opinion :manny:
Finn could easily have had this building up and wanting to desert the FO for a while (him being FS may have helped resisting their programming), and he was already planning it or the Jaku massacre was what really forced him to escape immediately. And after realising what the FO was of course he wouldn't have any major issues about shooting the stormtroopers to escape.

This may be addressed in the novelization or other tie in media.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Finn could easily have had this building up and wanting to desert the FO for a while (him being FS may have helped resisting their programming), and he was already planning it or the Jaku massacre was what really forced him to escape immediately. And after realising what the FO was of course he wouldn't have any major issues about shooting the stormtroopers to escape.

This may be addressed in the novelization or other tie in media.
I'm saying even if this were to be true he just doesn't have the personality of a character brainwashed since birth to be a trained solider killer. Also I'm really not seeing where people are getting Finn being force sensitive from. I don't even think the movie hinted at it. I think it's a reach at this point assuming he's force sensitive. I heard people saying the coma would help him become force sensitive :heh:? At this point I think it's wishful thinking. Plus even if he was force sensitive would it effect his conditioning??? Even the strongest Jedi are persuaded to the dark side by lesser methods than legitimate brain washing. I would think even if he were force sensitive at this point he'd be deeply rooted in the dark side. I mean this is 20 plus years of being trained and molded to be a pawn who's sole purpose is killing

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

He didn't just "randomly" gain a conscience. He saw a village get gunned down in cold blood and decided he wanted no part of that. It was his first combat mission as well so it's not like he's been seeing this shyt time and time again and decided enough was enough.

He's not a robot. Just because he was "raised" to do something doesn't mean mentally he's gonna agree with it. He acknowledged that he was taken away as a kid to do this so it's not like he chose this life. And I'm sure he has all plenty of issues killing his former "allies". He spent a good part of the movie wanting to stay away from them AND the First Order.

I'm sure there were good natured Nazi's too. These are humans with emotions. You think they're 100% serious 24/7? And the concept of him being free was groundbreaking to him. He wanted a whole new life. "I'm not going back to them [First Order]". You're basically wanting him to be some emotionless dude who followed orders. And if that happened, he wouldn't have broken Poe out, wouldn't have met Rey; the whole plot would've been nonexistent.

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This might've been explained already but how did Mas whoever get Anakin's lightsaber?

I thought Luke lost it at the end of ERB?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think that has anything to do with him breh :francis:. And force deserve storm troopers:why:? Nah I don't see it. The force awakened in Rey:blessed:.
Well in the other materiak it's shown despite Finns skill he still showed heart and compassion for the others . And I believe the one who was killed and marked Finn helmet was his friend he always protected . There's a reason Kylo and phasma know his number

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
He didn't just "randomly" gain a conscience. He saw a village get gunned down in cold blood and decided he wanted no part of that. It was his first combat mission as well so it's not like he's been seeing this shyt time and time again and decided enough was enough.

He's not a robot. Just because he was "raised" to do something doesn't mean mentally he's gonna agree with it. He acknowledged that he was taken away as a kid to do this so it's not like he chose this life. And I'm sure he has all plenty of issues killing his former "allies". He spent a good part of the movie wanting to stay away from them AND the First Order.

I'm sure there were good natured Nazi's too. These are humans with emotions. You think they're 100% serious 24/7? And the concept of him being free was groundbreaking to him. He wanted a whole new life. "I'm not going back to them [First Order]". You're basically wanting him to be some emotionless dude who followed orders. And if that happened, he wouldn't have broken Poe out, wouldn't have met Rey; the whole plot would've been nonexistent.
He saw a whole village gunned down but that's no more vicious than what any other storm trooper has ever seen so it is pretty random to me. It might be his first mission but this is something he has been trained for since childhood. I'm pretty sure they are trained to expect that level of viciousness. He shows no signs that he had issues with killing any first order soldiers. He was avoiding them out of fear not out of trying to avoid conflict with former allies. Let's be real. I guess nazis were a bad example cause even nazis weren't conditioned from youth to be loyal killing soldiers. It's more like child soldiers. I'm expecting him to be an emotionless dude who follows orders because that's what storm troopers are. They may not be robots but they have been brainwashed and conditioned at a young age to follow rules strictly. These are soldiers who chose at age 18 to join the first order army. These are children who grow up with there sole purpose in life being be a ruthless soldier. And yes I do think they are serious 24/7. Why wouldn't they be

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Well in the other materiak it's shown despite Finns skill he still showed heart and compassion for the others . And I believe the one who was killed and marked Finn helmet was his friend he always protected . There's a reason Kylo and phasma know his number
What other material:feedme:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
He saw a whole village gunned down but that's no more vicious than what any other storm trooper has ever seen so it is pretty random to me. It might be his first mission but this is something he has been trained for since childhood. I'm pretty sure they are trained to expect that level of viciousness. He shows no signs that he had issues with killing any first order soldiers. He was avoiding them out of fear not out of trying to avoid conflict with former allies. Let's be real. I guess nazis were a bad example cause even nazis weren't conditioned from youth to be loyal killing soldiers. It's more like child soldiers. I'm expecting him to be an emotionless dude who follows orders because that's what storm troopers are. They may not be robots but they have been brainwashed and conditioned at a young age to follow rules strictly. These are soldiers who chose at age 18 to join the first order army. These are children who grow up with there sole purpose in life being be a ruthless soldier. And yes I do think they are serious 24/7. Why wouldn't they be

It was pretty random, and according to what Hux and Phasma implied, this is an anomaly and a first for them. We're reaching that he's FS, but that's the biggest question with him. Why didn't his conditioning take? He didn't just freeze up, and want to go back in to prove himself. He was a complete deserter who wanted no parts of the soldier life.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finn wasn't that type of solider from jump . He was just skilled and lived his life also he was raised to think the republic was evil but instead he sees the FO killing people and being monsters . Also real child soldiers aren't crazy emotionless monsters and they actually are in combat and killing people Finn had never been in live combat .