Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

Hi!

Bushes Hall Of Famer
Daps
Reppin
Bloomington
I think the mystery of what happened after ROTJ is what makes this new trilogy so intriguing. It's easy to think they all lived a fairy tale life after but there's a sense of reality with the empire/first order still being around. I think it's better that our heroes have their back against the wall. If everything was all good then it would be corny.
:heh:
breh don't even bother replying to him. Dude is never going to be happy with another Star Wars film ever. It's not even worth breaking down to him :lolbron:

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Was heavily injured (and even more so after Finn), Rey had an "awakening" and sudden burst of the force (and may have sort of reverse engineerd the force via Kylo earlier) had just killed Han, was still an apprentice (who Snoke has apparently been witholding some training from). He is powerful and has Skywalker potential though

Him being injured and having just killed his pops hold weight. But him just being an apprentice is meaningless. He's still a trained force user, and like you said, a Skywalker at that. I still think he shoulda put up a better fight than he did.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
CJbenGCVEAA5d39.jpg

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got out the theatre. Dope movie.

Only thing I didn't like was how a traineed force user got his ass whooped by a first time lightsaber user

Also Finn was catching L's left and right.

Outside of that it was an amazing movie. Might be the best Star Wars movie period (Sith might be better).

One isn't completely trained, and the other knew how to defend herself with a stick even BEFORE she was awaken by the force!

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Him being injured and having just killed his pops hold weight. But him just being an apprentice is meaningless. He's still a trained force user, and like you said, a Skywalker at that. I still think he shoulda put up a better fight than he did.
True. But Rey being momentarily surging in the force (after already awakening) is valid as well.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Christ, Finn didn't "work sanitation".. that's what he did at the base. Everyone is assigned a duty in the military. :pachaha:

It's clearly explained in the movie.

Rather than using Clone Armies, The First Order (which is led by General Hux, not Kylo Ren) uses Stormtroopers who were kidnapped as children and indoctrinated to work for them as drones (similar to Hitlerjugend). Finn explicitly states that he worked at sanitation at Starkiller Base (like you said, assigned duty at their "boot camp") before being moved to the combat unit led by Captain Phasma. The attack on Jukka in the opening of the movie is the first time Finn steps into an actual combat situation, and marks the moment he decides to escape from The First Order.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think the mystery of what happened after ROTJ is what makes this new trilogy so intriguing. It's easy to think they all lived a fairy tale life after but there's a sense of reality with the empire/first order still being around. I think it's better that our heroes have their back against the wall. If everything was all good then it would be corny.

i get the feeling they were like, "hey the good guys were in a compromised situation by the start of ANH so we need to make sure everyone is in a bad spot by the start of this movie as well." even though it takes a giant dump on what we know from the original trilogy. everyone went backwards.

makes the celebration at the end of ROTJ feel less meaningful.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Rey had bad moments too , she let out the monsters and she couldn't fire the blaster after talking tough and ran from the saber , got captured by Kylo , and even in the last fight Kylo AUTOMATICALLY KO her with the force . If Finn wasn't there she'd be dead or captured again . People are also acting like leia was fukkinf han after ANH they can still build a romance once they both mature and Poe /Finn are cool togther and I can see it kind of Him schooling finn
Sure, but I didn't say Rey was flawless. I said she was the lead and the other characters she shared scenes with naturally had to take a backseat to her in some form or fashion, hence i wasn't' going to view it as something malicious against Finn. Its just par the course.

And I actually dont care much for Poe schoolin Finn on anything other than maybe how to fly a ship.. but they are a very good pairing and def seem like bros in the making. Also, a romance was already built between Finn and Rey IMO, a clear foundation, but it wasn't done like a sappy teen movie so people may have missed the subtleties. But I liked the Finn/Rey and Finn/Poe dynamic.