Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I went to the 5$ matinee showing today (just in case i'd leave the theater feelin like my time and money was wasted)... and... i actually didn't think it was that bad... at all :ehh::manny:

Boyega is a fantastic actor and he's grown a lot in range since I last saw him as Moses, which was years ago.

I felt they were trying to channel a young Will Smith in Boyega, circa ID4 and MIB. If you remember, Will at times walked a fine line between 'butt of every joke and serious male lead' (MIB), as well as being that guy who'd get all the way turnt up after an emotional win and talk real fast n crunk for a hot sec (ID4). I thought Boyega had the charisma and he won the audience in my theater over whenever he had a "Will Smith" moment.

Also, in regards to him and Rey, I don't see how anyone can watch this movie and not come to the conclusion that they had mutual affection. It wasn't an in your face romance like that garbage with Anakin and whatsherface but they gave more than enough subtleties in how they interacted with each other plus Han's comments on several occasions. I never felt that if the situations were reversed and Finn was in trouble, that Rey wouldn't be jumping through hoops to get him back.

I also think his manner of introduction and the "sanitation" thing was to enforce the notion that he never got his hands dirty (no pun) while being a 'bad guy'. Also thought he was very formidable with the gun and ship blasters, and that he did very well for someone who likely never held a sword, much less a light saber before. Only thing I didn't like was the tentacle monster predicament early on but overall i never felt that Finn was incompetent, cowardly or useless.

All in all, Rey was the lead character and Finn was the lead male but ultimately everyone took a back seat to Rey, which I kinda suspected after the very first trailer, and I never had an issue with that going in. shyt, even Han had to lean back in those scenes with her when it came to the M Falcon.

Rey reminds me of a Luke/Leia hybrid whereas I think Finn and Poe both have some Han Solo qualities and will likely be paired up together as a bromance while Rey is "occupied". The movie itself, I thought was great. May watch it again with the fam in fact.
Rey had bad moments too , she let out the monsters and she couldn't fire the blaster after talking tough and ran from the saber , got captured by Kylo , and even in the last fight Kylo AUTOMATICALLY KO her with the force . If Finn wasn't there she'd be dead or captured again . People are also acting like leia was fukkinf han after ANH they can still build a romance once they both mature and Poe /Finn are cool togther and I can see it kind of Him schooling finn

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Just got out the theatre. Dope movie.

Only thing I didn't like was how a trained force user got his ass whooped by a first time lightsaber user

Also Finn was catching L's left and right.

Outside of that it was an amazing movie. Might be the best Star Wars movie period (Sith might be better).

Last edited:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Too many fake black activists bytching.

Movie was fire.

Finn was dope as fukk

Rey was dope

I really enjoyed this movie

Both of them were dope. Finn was reacting to all of that shyt like a normal person would. I hope they don't try to do some obvious shyt like make him Lando's son or Mace's nephew, but I think they're gonna fukk around and reveal that he has some force powers too at the least. I felt like they dropped subtle hints, like Kylo noticing him in the beginning, him being quickly proficient at shyt starting with the guns and going to the saber where he put in a bit of work. A novice going against a master and he wounds him twice? Sounds like he's gonna need a teacher soon too

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Just got out the theatre. Dope movie.

Only thing I didn't like was how a traineed force user got his ass whooped by a first time lightsaber user

Also Finn was catching L's left and right.

Outside of that it was an amazing movie. Might be the best Star Wars movie period (Sith might be better).
Was heavily injured (and even more so after Finn), Rey had an "awakening" and sudden burst of the force (and may have sort of reverse engineerd the force via Kylo earlier) had just killed Han, was still an apprentice (who Snoke has apparently been witholding some training from). He is powerful and has Skywalker potential though

Daps
Reppin
NYC
You're significantly overestimating the influence of parents :yeshrug:
uh, his parents were the saviors of the rebellion. his uncle might as well be jesus christ.

we see that kylo is suffering and actually YEARNS to be evil. how? why? we don't get an answer. 30 years later and we're playing mystery box. WHAT HAPPENED!?!?

is that what the main focus of this trilogy is gonna be about? uncovering the mystery of events that occurred between the time gap? LOL WHY!?!?!?

i can't believe that after ROTJ our heroes went BACKWARDS! Luke is depressed, Han is still getting in trouble, and nobody knows how to be a good parent! Lmao the galaxy would have been better off if luke and han had died fighting on endor! It's crazy talk!

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Best Star Wars movie to date. Boyega did a great job as Finn, had me cracking up for majority of the time. Didn't know how I felt about her before, but they nailed it with Daisy. Rey was a fukking badass.

Kylo Ren went from heel to tweener to full heel :krs:

And Han.......poor Han.... :to:

Last edited:

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
uh, his parents were the saviors of the rebellion. his uncle might as well be jesus christ.

we see that kylo is suffering and actually YEARNS to be evil. how? why? we don't get an answer. 30 years later and we're playing mystery box. WHAT HAPPENED!?!?

is that what the main focus of this trilogy is gonna be about? uncovering the mystery of events that occurred between the time gap? LOL WHY!?!?!?

i can't believe that after ROTJ our heroes went BACKWARDS! Luke is depressed, Han is still getting in trouble, and nobody knows how to be a good parent! Lmao the galaxy would have been better off if luke and han had died fighting on endor! It's crazy talk!
I think the mystery of what happened after ROTJ is what makes this new trilogy so intriguing. It's easy to think they all lived a fairy tale life after but there's a sense of reality with the empire/first order still being around. I think it's better that our heroes have their back against the wall. If everything was all good then it would be corny.