Star Wars The Force Awakens [SPOILERS] Thread: SPOILERS

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Or Plageuis was just able to fake his death in someway via the force.

That force lightning + the dark side fukked up his face though :heh:

:smugfavre: Indeed, but with uglyness comes with insane power. I wouldn't be surprised if he did this to some regular stormtrooper.

rorschach-death-o.gif

CHL

Superstar
Daps
My theory on Luke/Kylo:

He went into hiding cuz Ben Solo turning towards the dark side was due to Luke's teaching. Luke was using dark side powers in ROTJ (force choking Jabba's guards) and dipped more into it in the EU (Thrawn Trilogy) so they may have kept that aspect of him in the movies.

Luke taught his academy the full spectrum of force powers, urging the students to unleash as much of their potential. Kylo being the strongest student, went a little too far and got some other students to follow him down the dark path. Dark side force energy awakens Snoke, and he reaches out and corrupts the group of students, form them as Knights of Ren, giving them all Ren surnames.

Knights of Ren go back to academy, confront the remaining students and slaughter them. Luke is there when it happens, in a fit of rage he murks all the Knights of Ren but spares Kylo. Kylo uses that to his advantage and Luke gets his robotic right hand damaged and flees cuz he doesnt want to kill his nephew.

Dont have any theories on how Rey & Finn fit into the Force sensitive side of things. I think Finn is just a kid that was placed into Stormtrooper training, and his force abilities helped him resist the brainwashing.
:ohhh: :ehh:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't front it was kinda depressing seeing Han Solo, Leia, The Empire/First Order still on that same bullsh*t. It was almost like seeing a old school homie in the hood on his 2nd and 3rd childhood. Like, "Han you still running from people and owing them money?" "Leia you old as sh*t, you still out che tryin' to get plans of an enemy base and waiting on R2 units?". To the Empire, "Ya'll still out here lookin' for Luke Sky and even got the youngters(kylo) on that sh*t too? Still building planet sized bases only to have them blown up in the same fashion as the last two? Them sh*ts have to cost like $500 billion dollars to make, who's funding ya'll niccas". They have no game plan whatsoever outside of chasing Skywalker and whoever's hot with the force at the moment. JJ Abrams has to at least make them the ISIS of the galaxy.. they should be pushing the Dark Side agenda or something of that nature.

The movie was entertaining and well shot but the only people on some different new sh*t was Finn and Luke. Everybody else was like Spike Lee in one of his newer films still delivering pizza. :francis:

My man said it was basically a reboot.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HOLD HOLD UP

Kylo wanted to continue the legacy of his grandfather....

but does he know that Anakin during the last second actually turned good, killed Palpatine and killing himself? thus ending the empire

you think Luke could of just said "yeah kylo, actually my dad kind of turned good at the end"

Luke probably DID say that, but the only person that ever KNOWN that is Luke.... in everybody else's eyes Vader was Vader all the way. So, if you got someone that not fully understood why they went against the Empire before they were born, and got someone like Snoke that influenced him as to say the Empire was grand and the Rebel Alliance were purely terrorists that destroyed the Empire and to top it off saying that it was LUKE that killed Ren's grandfather (which he technically did).... Ren isn't going to simply going to believe Luke or his parents. He going to view them as he told Han, as murderers and traitors.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Trying to figure out why Luke's hand is mechanical again instead of having the skin covering.

Also, they need to go into how the blue Skywalker lightsaber got recovered from Bespin.
Also, and possibly related to your first point, has Luke encountered Snoke before?

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anyone notice the actual sound the force makes now... I mean when kyro ren does it it gives off this strong vibrating hard hum. it reminds me of magneto that shyt is badass...:ohhh::banderas:

That's the sound it made from A New Hope.... I dunno why Lucas went away from it.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Star Wars Episode VIII's script is finished, says J.J. Abrams

'I'm sure rewrites are going to be endless, like they always are.'

(Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)
Share on Facebook (2,274) Tweet Share (4) Pin (3)
Wired published a massive interview with Star Wars: The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams this morning, one that yielded a small tidbit regarding the series' future post-December 18th: the script for Rian Johnson's Episode VIII has been completed. "The script for VIII is written. I'm sure rewrites are going to be endless, like they always are," said Abrams. "Rian has asked for a couple things here and there that he needs for his story... the story he told took what we were doing and went in the direction he felt was best but that is very much in line with what we were thinking as well." The remainder of the chat focused on the challenges Abrams is facing as Star Wars' new visionary-in-chief and the network of collaborators old and new he's using to push the series forward.

Abrams' statement may be the first official confirmation that Episode VIII's script is finished, and it makes sense given the movie's production schedule and its looming May 2017 release date. Johnson's involvement with the film as its writer and director has been public for almost a year and a half, and some actors (like Benicio Del Toro) were being cast in the movie as early as this summer. If all of that circumstantial evidence wasn't enough, Johnson himself tweeted a picture of the script's cover page at a group of producers and writers last month as part of a Twitter canoe. If it's true that Johnson is also writing Colin Trevorrow's upcoming Episode IX, it's a good thing Episode VIII's script is finished beyond a few mandated studio tweaks — it sounds like he has a lot on his plate.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
saw it last night.

:francis:

:snoop:

above all i think what i took away from the movie is this.

it is time for hollywood to stop recreating things. jurassic park, independence day, star wars.... instead of everyone trying to remake and rejuvenate old classics perhaps we need to spend more time trying to make the NEXT classic. the NEXT star wars.

Then we would have movies like Jupiter Ascending.. People WANT the nostalgia back... that's why Jurassic World and Star Wars are getting record breaking numbers... why Creed is beloved so much right now.